Tampons 31%  31%  [ 23 ]
Pads 56%  56%  [ 42 ]
Something else (please comment) =] 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 75

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:22 pm

Just a quick little poll: Tampons or Pads, and why?

I used pads for the longest time, but I recently started playing softball and realized that pads weren't gonna cut it. So tampons FTW; they're so comfortable, I can't even feel it.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

Usually pads, unless I really need something else.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:24 pm

Stellar wrote:
So tampons FTW; they're so comfortable, I can't even feel it.

I don't know how you can't feel tampons cause I always do & it either hurts or is just plain annoying.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:30 pm

I think I read that it hurts if you don't put it in deep enough. :huh: At first the thought of it was uncomfortable but then I got used to it. :)

LadybugQ
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2010, 8:30 pm

I used pads consistently; never did the hang of inserting a tampon correctly. Makes me glad I had ablation surgery done!

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 8:53 pm

I never thought about tampons till that's all that was in the house at the time and I just bit the bullet and used one and didn't go back until after I had kids. I did not have anything heavy in those days. I will say this though to newbies, use the applicator ones and use reg first unless your tiny. I think I had experienced toxic shock from using a jumbo cause I was at a friends house and didn't think anything of it. I got home and suddenly nausea came over me and a hellacious fever. I quickly took it out and things went back to normal. Phew, scary stuff. I still prefer tampons over pads but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 9:46 pm

Oh good, I thought I was in the minority...<<

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 9:55 pm

I use a Mooncup. I also have a Diva Cup but I like the Mooncup better. I wear homemade pads as a backup just in case, but I can easily go without them if I empty the cup often enough. Homemade pads are not as gross as they sound, especially when they are just as backup. They are basically just an extra layer of underwear. The cup is also not as gross as it sounds, it's 5000 times better than when I used to use pads (tampons never worked for me).

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 10:43 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
I use a Mooncup. I also have a Diva Cup but I like the Mooncup better. I wear homemade pads as a backup just in case, but I can easily go without them if I empty the cup often enough. Homemade pads are not as gross as they sound, especially when they are just as backup. They are basically just an extra layer of underwear. The cup is also not as gross as it sounds, it's 5000 times better than when I used to use pads (tampons never worked for me).

Heard of those...how exactly do they work? I saw the pics but it seems like they'd fall out; please enlighten me :lol:

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
I use a Mooncup. I also have a Diva Cup but I like the Mooncup better.

Mooncup-type options do sound like the best to me...I tried to use one once, but I couldn't get it to not hurt. Not sure whether I should try again or just give up.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Stellar: They don't fall out because they're wider at the opening than at the base. You fold it to insert it and once inside it unfolds and stays in place because there's nowhere for it to go. I can't explain things well at all. Maybe this picture will help?

pineapple: I'd suggest trying it again, it shouldn't hurt. What hurt about it?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 5:47 pm

Stellar wrote:
I think I read that it hurts if you don't put it in deep enough. :huh: At first the thought of it was uncomfortable but then I got used to it. :)

Not deep enough = pain vs. deep enough = annoying thing crammed between vaginal muscles

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 6:49 pm

Both. I wear tampons or use pads. But now I don't need them right now so I wear niether.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

Tampons. Pads are so uncomfortable.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 2:14 pm

Pads for me. Never want to try tampons.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

Tampons. Pads are annoying.