Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:10 pm

I'm NOT a racist but why are plus size black women considered more "beautiful" and "Curvalicious" than white women who are plus size. I'm a Plus Size white girl and weight 220 pounds and am 5'0-5'2 and have big bones and I'm so proud of my body. People say to me all the time "You're an okay looking girl but you'd be beautiful if you weighed 120 pounds" it's not fair that black women can be plus size and white girls and to be all skinny and abercrombie-ish. Any opinions?!

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:13 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I'm NOT a racist but why are plus size black women considered more "beautiful" and "Curvalicious" than white women who are plus size. I'm a Plus Size white girl and weight 220 pounds and am 5'0-5'2 and have big bones and I'm so proud of my body. People say to me all the time "You're an okay looking girl but you'd be beautiful if you weighed 120 pounds" it's not fair that black women can be plus size and white girls and to be all skinny and abercrombie-ish. Any opinions?!

Maybe because they are? I think the paler one is the grosser the fat looks on someone.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:14 pm

I'm quite happy with my body, as well. I feel no need to weigh 120 lbs and I don't need to be given any advice in this thread, about diet, weightloss and fitness.

Mick

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

buryuntime wrote:

Maybe because they are? I think the paler one is the grosser the fat looks on someone.

Are you trolling?

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

I don't know why that is either. I'm average weight but to me it's not relevant what size someone is.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Meow101 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

Are you trolling?

~Kate

Who me or buryuntime? If it's me I didn't know. :cry:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

I think she was asking if buryuntime is trolling. I don't know why this is either. I'm a plus-size woman and I don't get it. Actually, I have a profile on OkCupid and I get a lot of private messages from black men. So I don't know, maybe it's more accepted in their culture. D:

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 10:06 pm

Meow101 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

Are you trolling?

~Kate

Yes, someone is trolling when they have a differing opinion than you. Most people can say that fat is not appealing on a person, and is not desirable-- and in my case it is worse if one is pale.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

Who me or buryuntime? If it's me I didn't know. :cry:

Not you...buryuntime. I thought that reply was kinda nasty.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

buryuntime wrote:
Yes, someone is trolling when they have a differing opinion than you. Most people can say that fat is not appealing on a person, and is not desirable-- and in my case it is worse if one is pale.

Well, that's your opinion, but you said "maybe because they are"...that is not a statement of opinion, but a statement of fact. If you were actually stating an opinion, then it's possible you were not trolling.

I don't judge people on their appearance that much, but rather on what kind of person they are, but race doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

Personally I think the fat black women, especially the older ones, tend to resemble shaved gorillas.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 11:10 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Personally I think the fat black women, especially the older ones, tend to resemble shaved gorillas.

That is rather raciest, this is the woman's discussion section, not the raciest redneck & mouth breathers section or PPR

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 11:24 pm

John_Browning wrote:

Oh no not ANOTHER troll....:roll:

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

That is rather raciest, this is the woman's discussion section, not the raciest redneck & mouth breathers section or PPR

I found this link through the WP front page so I didn't see this was the women's section until after I posted.

Oh, and I'm not trolling.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 12:29 am

1) Why are you blaming black women (instead of the judgmental people who think you need to lose weight)? :?

2) What I've noticed is black women tend to actually be "big-boned" and "curvy," whereas many white women who claim to be "big-boned" or "curvy" usually are just fat. Still, a big-boned woman (of any color) who's 5'2 and 220 lbs will still be obese and (in the U.S.) is not likely to be considered "beautiful" based on looks alone.

3) Someone PM a mod about John_Browning already and don't feed the troll.

(P.S. I'm Asian, and if I were 5'2 I'd have to weigh 100 lbs before people would stop calling me fat. So let's be grateful for what we don't have to deal with already. :thumleft: )

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 12:46 am

John it might be a good idea to look where your posting, and think before pressing the submit button, I know some people will post from the front page and say something adult in the kids crater, which is a simple mistake, anyhow saying what you did was rather troubling, as there are a few women of color here, there is no excuse for racist comments on this forum.