Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 5:37 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5944411291

Do u wear it? if so is it an essential or an optional extra?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:00 am

I wear it on a night out because it makes me feel confident.
But day to day i don't wear any.

zaidjit
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2010, 6:22 am

I wear it when I need to be fancy dressed up. I also wear it to a job interview because my therapist told me it gives a more "polished" look. I basically have eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. I am more prone to painting my nails to be sparkly.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:50 am

I wear it most days because it makes me feel better but I wouldn't be too bothered if I couldn't. Apart from nail varnish. That is my obsession. I think I might die if I couldn't manicure and paint my nails.

anneyce
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2010, 8:20 am

emlion wrote:
I wear it on a night out because it makes me feel confident.
But day to day i don't wear any.

Same here. :)

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2010, 10:53 am

I always wear make-up, but not a lot. I wear it to enhance the way I look instead of change it. Mostly I wear concealer, eye liner and mascara. Occasionally a bright lipstick because they're fun. :3
I wear it for myself though, because I prefer how I look, not particularly to make myself seem more attractive to other people, and without it my face feels kinda naked.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 10:55 am

iHateCamera wrote:
I always wear make-up, but not a lot. I wear it to enhance the way I look instead of change it. Mostly I wear concealer, eye liner and mascara. Occasionally a bright lipstick because they're fun. :3
I wear it for myself though, because I prefer how I look, not particularly to make myself seem more attractive to other people, and without it my face feels kinda naked.

Oh thats true. I do often wear concealer day-to-day.
Especially if i'm having a bad skin day. D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

It depends on how I feel. I'm pissed at my pencil eyeliner. It won't show up unless I press really hard and I don't want to poke my eye out. :(

I like mascara and lip gloss. I would wear my liquid foundation every day if it didn't clog my pores so much but I have such ugly skin that I have to hide it. D:

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2010, 3:58 pm

I wear foundation every day, essentially because I'm vain. Other than that, I rarely wear anything unless I'm dressing up for some reason; then (depending on the reason), I'll wear mascara and lipstick. I experiment periodically with eye shadow and eyeliner, but I never wear it out.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 4:10 pm

For some reason, any kind - and I mean any kind of makeup looks weird on me. I look younger than my age and I have a rather androgynous face so applying makeup automatically makes me look like a maltreated underage prostitute (sorry, but a fact is a fact) of undefined gender. People around me tell me that they find the effect very bothering.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:08 pm

I don't wear it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Unico
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Oct 2010, 6:11 pm

I wear make up every day. I try to keep it looking relatively natural, but I do wear liquid foundation, concealer under my eyes (I have "allergic shiners"), blush, mascara, and eyeliner daily. Sometimes I wouldn't wear make up if I wasn't going to leave the house, but I've found it helps my mood and my feelings about myself.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

I sometimes wear makeup but I usually don't because I find it uncomfortable.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 8:03 pm

I wear it for special occasions only and sometimes when I go out.

but day to day I don't bother. My hands shake all the time so applying mascara and eyeliner is really annoying.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2010, 9:14 pm

I do wear it most of the time, but some days, I'm too lazy to do it.

My skin is clear. No scars from acne because I don't get that many zits, and I have only a few freckles. I have naturally long, dark eyelashes. But I hate my dark circles, which are caused by a combination of genetics, allergies, and lack of sleep. Since I'm so pale, veins show through my eyelids, which is not pretty. If I can only have one makeup item, it would be concealer, to make the veins on my eyelids and dark undereye circles less noticable.

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2010, 9:57 pm

I just bought some this week for the first time ever... so I could have a nice gothed halloween costume (...that nobody else will see haha XD)

Tried applying the other day, and OMG ITS SO HARD TO PUT ON AND GET OFF!! !! !! ! I'm terrible at applying it, and was SHOCKED at how different it made me look...

but no, thats the first ever, I wore it once before 4 years ago on halloween when lady in mall asked to put makeup on to make me into a gothdoll (was wearing this ridiculous vintage dress my mom found in a yardsale, and the lady loved it and hadda gothic dollitize me... XD), and thats it...

...I was shocked how expensive the stuff is, and how hard to put on, and how quality definitely matters, and how much time it takes... blegh at that! I'm definitely not wearing any for any normal occurrences...

...does wearing makeup really help job interviews? ; ; I really would rather not...