Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2010, 5:22 am

I enjoy the feeling of shaving...

However, the way my clothes feel on me after I have shaved is very off-putting. That's why I love winter.... I can wear stockings and not feel the need to shave in order to conform to social norms...

The first time I shaved, when I was about 11 [because I was made fun of for my hairy legs...], I nearly vomited from the feeling when I put pants over my legs.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 6:35 am

I also hate the feeling of fabric on my legs when I've shaved recently. I hardly ever shave my legs. Only for special occasions such as prom, graduation, other occasions where I'm required to wear a dress or skirt which I also hate. I also hate the prickly-ness of my legs touching each other when I'm trying to sleep, so I just let it grow out. It seems silly to spend the most time in the shower on something no one will notice unless you point it out. But it is funny, if it does come up in conversation, how strongly people react. They react like I just told them I live in a dumpster or something.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 5:52 am

I'm think I'm in the minority here, but I adore the way fabric feels against freshly shaved legs. It sends tingles of pleasure up my spine when my pants or skirt brush along newly-shaven legs. I have very little hair on my legs; what I do have is pale and sparse and soft, so I don't need to shave as much as some women. I do shave pretty regularly though; my husband doesn't seem to care about my leg hair, but I shave for my own pleasure.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

11 Dec 2010, 2:09 am

I don't shave or wear pants, so can't help. :lol:

amber_missy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2010, 9:09 am

I love having hair-less legs... I'm not keen on body hair on myself at all and if I could get rid of it all (except my head and maybe a small tuft of pubic hair). I love the way they feel to my touch, especially when I then put moisturiser on, which just heightens the sensations, the feel of everything they touch from swishy silky skirts to confy fleecy PJs and I love fabrics on them, the cats rubbing up against them and touching them - everything about them!

BUT I hate shaving my legs... The lovely sensation feeling only lasts about an hour - THEN I can feel that they start getting stubbly again! No-one else seems to be able to tell, but I can. I hate that feeling... Then they itch and I've shredded my legs in my sleep because they're so sensitive to that feeling that I used to scratch them when I wasn't even aware of it.

Now, I've started using the VEET spray-on hair removal thing and that seems to be a lot kinder to my legs. It lasts a lot longer, the hairs don't get stubbly as they're a lot softer as they grow in and they don't itch as much. The downside is that the VEET stuff stinks horribly (to me anyway). I have the shower after washing it off, then clean the bathroom then have another shower! :P

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2010, 11:03 pm

I don't shave my legs, don't like how it feels. I could never understand why I should have to change the way my body is in order to make other people happy. I have good hygiene because I like being clean but I see no reason to shave or wax or laser.

greenlandgem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2010, 10:55 am

I cannot STAND shaving, and always did it as little as possible when I was a teenager. At 15 I started at a boarding school where I would have to wear skirts every day, and my mother suggested I try waxing. I've since moved on to an epilator. It's awesome. :D

Not only do I hate the sensation of shaving itself, that awful scraping of metal over one's skin, but I also dislike the sensations afterwards - it makes the area overly sensitive. I've actually found that epilating doesn't have that effect. I think it's because shaving (and waxing) remove a layer of skin, like quite brutal exfoliation, whereas epilating just pulls out the hair. And also, you don't have to do it nearly so often. So that is one possible solution.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 10:14 am

I epilate also, but my legs never feel as smooth as when shaving. Really, I hate to do both. But I HATE HATE HATE body hair more. If I could I would have it all removed.

NadineWolfe

22 Dec 2010, 7:33 pm

I've never mastered the art of shaving; I always end up missing sections.
It seems silly to invest so much time in it.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 2:26 pm

Living in Florida means "shorts weather" most of the year. So shaving is necessary. Plus my hair is darker. But In the winter, I admit going up to a week without doing it. Shaving takes up time, it makes my legs itch for days, makes my clothes "feel" weird... so I love the opportunity to go without it for a few.
My armpits are a different matter--- If I don't shave them, it feels "hairy" and so I shave those regularly. My armpits and legs have minds of their own.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 8:43 am

YES. Hate it!

Malisha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

Every time I shave i get a terrible rash. It's like hives. All dermatologists I've seen about it have pretty much blamed me for it. Like accusing me of using a "dirty razor". WTF?
My current boyfriend doesn't care what I shave, and greatly prefers pubic hair as opposed to none. I think I may marry him.

To directly answer the question, yes, pants on shaved legs feels gross. Like they're numb and too sensitive at the same time!

Bells
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

I don't like shaving at all. I've gotten rashes after using completely new razors so many times that I get really hesitant to shave unless I absolutely have to. Unless I'm wearing a short skirt or bathing suit (infrequent, I hate swimming) then I just don't shave.

Plus it feels so uncomfortable against my pant fabric. I can't shave around my pubic area. The times in the past I've tried have resulted in extreme discomfort.

Hopefully I'll be as lucky as you, Malisha, and find someone who doesn't mind.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2010, 6:29 pm

I have to shave every other day or else I start itching like crazy. I have dark hair, and it stands out against my pale skin, so I have to shave that often because of that, too.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 11:02 am

Yeah, I hate shaving my legs, mostly because two days later, my hair is all grown out again... It's on steroids!

tyuiop159
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2010, 6:28 pm

I'd have to shave every day to have smooth legs, and honestly I have better things to do. I shave them every once in a while during winter (summer I shave them more often), but my legs always feel unhealthy after I shave them. Lotion makes it feel better, but I HATE lotion. I hate the way it makes my fingers feel.