Am I the only one who is getting tired of this?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2011, 6:37 pm

I'm talking about all the guys on WP who can't stop writting mysoginistic crap all over the L&D forum about how shallow, superficial and materialistic women are and how it's women's fault this guys can't get laid or have relationships. They are probably a small minority of the males on this website (i certainly hope so anyway), but they will take any chance they get to bash on women.
Tonight i decided that i'm not gonna visit the L&D forum anymore. I get enough sexist crap from people IRL, i don't want to have to deal with it on WP. And if i would ever have a question on dating i definitly would just go to the women's forum. Not that i'm ever gonna go on a date, but that's a different issue...
Anyway i just wanna know if they are any other females that are tired of this or is it just me?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:49 pm

This men bashing is just as bad :roll:
don't give them a reason to.

yes it's annoying, but ah well. life goes on. :D
don't let it get to you.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:28 pm

Naw I'm sick and tired of it in general, everywhere. Perhaps they're all from Ferenginar? :alien:

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

oh noes a man in the womens room >_>

to be honest kiran I know just what you mean. Its why I usually don't even bother with the L&D forums anymore. I pop up now and then and thats it. The real truth of the matter though is that BOTH GENDERS have really shallow/misogynistic/whatever individuals within them. Hence why I really stopped giving a s**t long ago, since bringing it up about one gender just makes you look like a hypocritical ass. Well, after this post I think I am gonna make an extremely blunt/straightforward/sarcastic thread just to make a point to all the whiners, regardless of gender (although admittedly men whine more.)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2011, 8:04 pm

I just wanna clarify that this thread is not to talk down on men or anything like that. There are a lot of males on WP that seem to be nice guys. But they are some, and they are probably a small amount of bitter men who just happen to post a lot, that are really ruining the L&D forum for everybody.
I guess the reason this bothers me so much is that the forum is supposed to be a supportive one and it's not really the case, it's more depressing than anything else.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 8:30 pm

Kiran wrote:
I just wanna clarify that this thread is not to talk down on men or anything like that. There are a lot of males on WP that seem to be nice guys. But they are some, and they are probably a small amount of bitter men who just happen to post a lot, that are really ruining the L&D forum for everybody.
I guess the reason this bothers me so much is that the forum is supposed to be a supportive one and it's not really the case, it's more depressing than anything else.

more or less infuriating than depressing for me. I know you weren't talking down but it did come off a bit that way to be honest. I am still working on that L&D thread which will hopefully get stickied.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:41 pm

I like to think of it as a sort of ironic natural selection.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:01 pm

I have to say, quite a high percentage of attractive women can be stuck up. But the guys that are bitter on here probably need someone to blame, when they really should face its them with the problem, and then if they admit that to themselves, they can do something about it. Then again, they might be frustrated, as most girls seem to like idiots. Girls like confidence, but they usually confuse confidence with arrogance and stupidity. Jeesh, dating shouldn't be so complicated though.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:24 pm

Kiran wrote:

I tend to agree. Frankly I wish I knew the answer. I look at the forum from a moderators perspective and to me it looks a mess. Too much negativity, misogyny, some men hating too. In some ways it would be helpful to ban a number of the people that post there, but I think that might be viewed as draconian moderating. :lol:
I'm open to suggestions on how to improve that forum. Anyone?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:43 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Kiran wrote:

I tend to agree. Frankly I wish I knew the answer. I look at the forum from a moderators perspective and to me it looks a mess. Too much negativity, misogyny, some men hating too. In some ways it would be helpful to ban a number of the people that post there, but I think that might be viewed as draconian moderating. :lol:
I'm open to suggestions on how to improve that forum. Anyone?

maybe perhaps actually spell out the rules, figure out a way to make it that you have to view a ToS for that section every time you want to post there. Program it so they have to actually scroll to the bottom of it and then quiz them on it. Or you can make them do it only once to gain access to that section.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:02 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
maybe perhaps actually spell out the rules, figure out a way to make it that you have to view a ToS for that section every time you want to post there. Program it so they have to actually scroll to the bottom of it and then quiz them on it. Or you can make them do it only once to gain access to that section.

I think that would just irritate people and they would continue posting the same things anyway. I have doubts that the "troublesome members" could be "educated" out of their attitudes, it seems to be ingrained into their personality.

The forum tends to attract members who have the most problems with relationships or even finding a suitable partner in the first place. I've noticed that some of the members have morphed their frustration at getting into a relationship into misogyny. It creates a vicious cycle. The more those people get knocked back the more antagonistic they become towards the opposite sex and they become even less likely to secure a meaningful relationship.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:59 pm

TallyMan wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

I think that would just irritate people and they would continue posting the same things anyway. I have doubts that the "troublesome members" could be "educated" out of their attitudes, it seems to be ingrained into their personality.

The forum tends to attract members who have the most problems with relationships or even finding a suitable partner in the first place. I've noticed that some of the members have morphed their frustration at getting into a relationship into misogyny. It creates a vicious cycle. The more those people get knocked back the more antagonistic they become towards the opposite sex and they become even less likely to secure a meaningful relationship.

Well, you already know how I view people who don't even bother trying to improve and just whine about it. Maybe the forum can be set to have a priviledge /allowance to post there, Kinda like the adult section in some forums. Its as easy as setting a group that defaults to allow. If someone gets way too out of line you just temporarily revoke the allowance to post in that section. You can then gradually increase the penalties for further infractions.

Of course as your said, its a bit draconian, but I hold the belief that when general diplomacy has failed, Draconian measures are necessary.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

There is a lot of BS in there yeah, but not all guys are as*holes

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 5:14 pm

Yes, it's very disheartening. Probably one of the main reasons why I so rarely post there anymore, although the psychology of relationships and dating is of great interest to me.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 5:34 pm

sunshower wrote:
Yes, it's very disheartening. Probably one of the main reasons why I so rarely post there anymore, although the psychology of relationships and dating is of great interest to me.

exactly the same here

I was on hiatus from that section for a while because of the emo wangst/angsting in there. Recently decided to stop giving a s**t and go back to giving out very good advice in my usual sarcastic deadpan with my own twist on self-depreciative humor. Basically comming off extremely blunt as to the point of insulting to the emotions of readers if they so take it that way.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:53 pm

Yes, especially this certain member... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: