Do people ever think your a cold-hearted b***h?

Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

KBerg wrote:
I get bastard, but not b***h. Yes, even as a woman I don't get called b***h. I commented on it to someone and he just looked at me and said "Yeah, b***h doesn't really fit, you're not nearly girly enough in how you're a jerk. But sometimes you are a total bastard". Which, OK, yeah, fair enough, sometimes I am.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 11:54 am

I walked into a crowded gymnasium once when I was a child, and a little girl pointed at me across the room and shouted, "b***h!" :lol:

It was like the Lord of the Flies or something. I dunno.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 10:50 pm

My brother probably would, but that's because he projects all his psychological issues on other people. And he's a cold hearted bastard, without a doubt. Most people who know me know I'm compassionate and thoughtful, and people who don't know me well usually think I'm aloof, but I've never been accused of being cold.

I can be an a-hole and very blunt, but I've had a lot of people say I just say things that other people dare not say even though they're true. So I know even if I seem harsh, most of the time people understand I'm just being bluntly honest, and not intentionally hurtful.

And anyone who's seen me with animals, especially my cats, knows I'm not cold at all. I'm very responsive to animals and their emotional state, and animal respond very well to me as well. I'd do anything to help an animal.

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2011, 1:45 pm

My mother, and probbably my son's father. It hurts so bad. Even standing up for my rights to them feels cold-hearted.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

02 Apr 2011, 2:10 pm

Oh, totally.

My parents have always accused me of trying to act like a "know it all",
and I've gotten this from other people, too.

My mom wouldn't call me that (my parents likely don't even THINK using words like "b*tch",
but she's expressed being disturbed by my not shedding a single tear when my grandparents died,
yet I'll bawl hysterically over the deaths of animals.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 5:05 pm

Yes, I can be very cold. I can also be very kind.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 8:41 am

Bethie wrote:
Oh, totally.

My parents have always accused me of trying to act like a "know it all",
and I've gotten this from other people, too.

My mom wouldn't call me that (my parents likely don't even THINK using words like "b*tch",
but she's expressed being disturbed by my not shedding a single tear when my grandparents died,
yet I'll bawl hysterically over the deaths of animals.

i'm like you then. i howled when my cat died, cried for days but when my gran died i cried for 30 seconds and no one saw. my dad and mum were worried that i didn't seem sad. wasn't sad for the record. way she was before she died shes better off dead. somewhere between drugged coma and excruciating pain.

i get called cold or b!tch( by my parents and "friends") a lot because i show no emotion unless i really try or because sometimes i just say things that are not in accordance with my fathers idea of good( eg. "you wont eat your mothers birthday cake! you will sit here till you eat it- you are a cold, heartless b!tch. you've ruined you're mothers birthday!"- translated from arabic :) ). i don't cry, i don't smile. i don't like being touched by my family either. its because i don't love them and showing feelings in front of them leaves me feeling vulnerable. i come across as unfeeling. and my attitude towards death and mourning the deaths of people i don't know seem strange to other people. same for marriage and birth and the fact i want no children. apparently i cannot understand what its like to love because i want no offspring. its ironic that when people call me a b!tch they are being b!tches to me in not understanding me or my feelings or at times even awknowledging i have them. people are cold.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 1:46 pm

I get mistaken for being miserable when I'm not. Random people; teachers, night club bouncers you name it all telling me to cheer up and smile. I gave the last guy a long speil about how I'm really happy and I just look that way and how every thinks the same... I think he regretted commenting :P

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 2:31 pm

Yup.
For 1 of 3 reasons

1). I am being selfish, but I don't know it.

2). I am beng selfish, and I do know it, but I don't care because I hate the world sometimes.

3). I have an opinion and i like sticking to it.

azureyoshi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2011, 5:16 pm

I've had this happen to me many times. Something about the way that I look gives people that impression, I suppose. I never actively try to act like one, though, despite what other gossipy people in my area would tell you.

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2011, 5:28 pm

A few years ago a woman asked "why are you so mean" she was almost crying. I must have done or said something to upset her but I don't know what.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 8:44 pm

Yeah, I've been called those words exactly...more than once. Lately I get called a know-it-all more than anything, though.

LisaPizza
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

The group of people who know me is so small that I think they know that just because I'm more comfortable inside my own private bubble doesn't mean that I am a cold-hearted b***h. I think they also know that I do not lack empathy just because I lack the emotional component.

capneg6
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2011, 4:50 pm

Not a cold hearted b***h but these... egotistical, arrogant, rude, paranoid, intense, insular, myopic... :(

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 11:45 am

I've always been a b***h since I was a kid. I got it from my mom.

owlyellow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2011, 6:58 pm

I've been told directly and have heard through others talking about me that I'm stuck up, snobby, a b***h, cold, aloof, etc. I've also had a couple of instances where I'll have sort of known another person, but not actually had the opportunity to get to know them, (or maybe I misinterpreted the lack of opportunity...) and then I'll have a conversation with them, and they'll tell me they are surprised I'm so nice, and that they thought I didn't like them.

I've also had instances where I'll have had (what I thought) was a pleasant exchange with an acquaintance, like a classmate or friend of a friend, and then all of a sudden they hate me the next time I see them, and I'll have absolutely no idea how I must have offended them.

It feels like this happens to me more often with other women than with men. I have two close friends that are girls, and also a sister, and these are the only girls I really trust that won't "turn" on me... these are also girls who are a little more "male" minded it seems too, whereas the women who seemed to all of a sudden hate me are very girly, NT type of females. I've always felt a little more in the middle of the male-female gender spectrum mind-wise... (if that makes any sense) so maybe my inability to understand NT girlspeak is the problem?