Do people ever think your a cold-hearted b***h?

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 4:04 pm

My shyness gets mistaken for stuck-up b****ness all the time.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

I wonder if I come across like that because I'm shy and also find it difficult to show emotion even though I might be feeling it very much.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 5:16 pm

Yes, but I certainly am not.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

03 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

Yes. I seem to be incapable of caring about anyone.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 4:18 am

emlion wrote:
It depends on my mood.

I'm either a cold hearted b***h, or a giggly girl. :roll:

Same here.

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2012, 2:23 pm

Well, I tend to actually *LIKE* putting on a 'cold/bitchy/sassy'-type of act on the internet but i don't take it too far or too serious. It's a toughness thing. People don't seem too faised by it......hopefully I never will take it too far that it *could* hurt someone real bad. I rather not think about it, though.

In real life I tend to be very friendly, though 8O So no one seem's to think i'm a 'jerk'. The opposet, if anything. But sometimes I don't wanna be around others much due to some 'sensual' feelings I have...(boarder line fear of little girls, due to high school stereo types i've heard...*shiver* [s]also causing a desire to harm them[/s], and, extreme phobias of 'certurn words'. both can cause withdrawal and avoident synthums with people, but, outside those, for the most part, i come off as pretty friendly and I never frown *sometimes i smile evily, though..hehe~*...but, sometimes, i do like to be alone.).

My brother tend's to concider me annoying/a jerk sometimes, though. And, in my house, i'm usually a loner in her room, playing my laptop and gennerally avoiding human contact outside of textual responces....

:?

~Pokemon Trainer for LIFE...~

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2012, 4:42 am

I known I'm seen as someone, who doesn't give a s**t about anyone else. That's for sure.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Lene wrote:
I get mistaken for being miserable when I'm not. Random people; teachers, night club bouncers you name it all telling me to cheer up and smile. I gave the last guy a long speil about how I'm really happy and I just look that way and how every thinks the same... I think he regretted commenting :P

This perhaps might apply to you. I know it sometimes applies to me.

"Living with Chronic B***hface" by KrisAtomic

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

sometimes I'm perceived that way, usually by strangers. People who know me usually know better. Usually. There are always those sometimes when that doesn't happen. I think it might be an appearance type thing as well as my behavior. I'm more reserved personality-wise, I usually just meet someone and spend the next several minutes or so soaking in their personality to get a gist of who they are a person. And combined with my CBF style face and my blonde hair** and leather boots sometimes people jump to conclusions that aren't necessarily true about me.

**I wish I knew where to find it, but somebody did a study on hair color, and blondes are perceived more to be b***hes than any other haircolor. Personally I prefer the title "ray of sunshine" better though.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 12:15 pm

It's more that I think I'm inherently selfish- i find it really hard to see anything from anyone else's point of view and i come across as really inflexible. I hate it, unless I consciously remind myself to try to work out what the other person could be thinking/feeling, I forget and seem really selfish and horrible which i hate.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2012, 6:29 am

By my mom: A negative thinker.
By that friend that hit the ceiling: *too many insults - won't bother - none were very nice*

I come off as a prick, or I'd prefer to refer to myself as the male version, an a-hole.

angjen0816
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

People often think I am a cold stuck up b***h, although I really am not. I am socially awkward and am so use to rejected by my peers that I automatically close myself off to new people. Countless times I have been told "When I first met you I thought you were such a b***h but you are really nice". It seems I only get on with other socially awkward people. My friend Nicole calls us the "Socially Awkward Penguins" off of the meme

SiobhanR93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

My Mum calls me that, minus the b***h part. I guess it's probably because when people tell me things I have issues knowing how I'm meant to react, so say the first thing in my head which tends to be quite unfeeling or blunt? I also tend to look at situations without emotion attached to them, so can get called cold-hearted for saying example that someones break up was there own fault when in the bigger picture it was but they don't see it quite the same I guess. OH and I have terrible reactions to crying :/ It makes me feel awkward as humanly possible, and I just want to run out of the room which I guess could look cold hearted..

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

SteffiTheSmile wrote:
I known I'm seen as someone, who doesn't give a sh** about anyone else. That's for sure.

^ Incredibly accurate thing right here. I find when people get angry with me and start pulling out lists of my character flaws this is their favourite. I've also had people get upset with me for things like not recognizing them while walking down hallways, or not saying hello back and especially for not smiling. Add in being very vocal about my opinions, my near constant deadpan and my general lack of socializing and its pretty easy for me to get a reputation as a b***h

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

I'm sure many people think I'm a cold-hearted bi***. After all, I'm quiet, and people are egotistic enough to take that to mean I don't like them, personally.

draelynn wrote:
I have witnessed so many women playing the flirty, girly suck up role time and time again and if f***ing WORKS. WHYWHYWHY do guys BUY that crap?! Especially went it so obviously manipulative? These women who are purposely playing you to get what they want are okay but the smart girl that tells you the truth without the bells ans whistles is a b***h... it's a wonder we survived as a species.

It's a cultural thing, really. Men value stupid, submissive girls.

rosemund
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

emimeni wrote:
I'm sure many people think I'm a cold-hearted bi***. After all, I'm quiet, and people are egotistic enough to take that to mean I don't like them, personally.

draelynn wrote:
I have witnessed so many women playing the flirty, girly suck up role time and time again and if f***ing WORKS. WHYWHYWHY do guys BUY that crap?! Especially went it so obviously manipulative? These women who are purposely playing you to get what they want are okay but the smart girl that tells you the truth without the bells ans whistles is a b***h... it's a wonder we survived as a species.

It's a cultural thing, really. Men value stupid, submissive girls.

Both truisms. My boyfriend of ten years broke it off to go with a woman he thought was more docile. He said that it was difficult, because I was his best friend, and the only person that really told him "like it is". He "admired" that about me. Unfortunately, he also believed this meant I wasn't good girlfriend material.

I tend to think a lot of the so-called neurotypicals perceive us as cold, because they are so wired to be hyper dramatic due to their own mental or developmental issues. I've noticed a lot of us have parents that are bi polar (my own included). I've had several friends that were as well, and like my mother, they brought up the coldness issue when I didn't always enter into melt down with them.