Do people ever think your a cold-hearted b***h?

Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

rosemund
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

emimeni wrote:
I'm sure many people think I'm a cold-hearted bi***. After all, I'm quiet, and people are egotistic enough to take that to mean I don't like them, personally.

draelynn wrote:
I have witnessed so many women playing the flirty, girly suck up role time and time again and if f***ing WORKS. WHYWHYWHY do guys BUY that crap?! Especially went it so obviously manipulative? These women who are purposely playing you to get what they want are okay but the smart girl that tells you the truth without the bells ans whistles is a b***h... it's a wonder we survived as a species.

It's a cultural thing, really. Men value stupid, submissive girls.

Both truisms. My boyfriend of ten years broke it off to go with a woman he thought was more docile. He said that it was difficult, because I was his best friend, and the only person that really told him "like it is". He "admired" that about me. Unfortunately, he also believed this meant I wasn't good girlfriend material.

I tend to think a lot of the so-called neurotypicals perceive us as cold, because they are so wired to be hyper dramatic due to their own mental or developmental issues. I've noticed a lot of us have parents that are bi polar (my own included). I've had several friends that were as well, and like my mother, they brought up the coldness issue when I didn't always enter into melt down with them.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

Yep, I've definitely been called that.

Cracked
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2012, 1:14 am

I'm new here, and I wasn't quite sure where to start, but I suppose this thread is as good as any...yes, I've been told I can be cold-hearted.

Nice to meet you all, my fellow cold-hearted b****es. :D

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 7:08 am

Cracked wrote:
I'm new here, and I wasn't quite sure where to start, but I suppose this thread is as good as any...yes, I've been told I can be cold-hearted.

Nice to meet you all, my fellow cold-hearted b****es. :D

Welcome to WP b***h :P

PS. your avatar is really upbeat.

Cracked
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

Thanks! :D

Yeah, the avatar is from a photoshopped version of the Inception cover...once I saw it, I knew I had to use it somewhere.

P.S. - Sorry my reply is so late, these last couple of days have been crazy! 8O

About_A_Girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 2:50 am

most definitely

a boy even wrote this on a public forum when i was in high school, complaining that i was a frigid girl that caused him a lot of pains........
(the crazy thing is that i had a crush on him - and may be too cautious not to show it when he tried to talk to me...)

after that i felt like i should just own up to the name =) and only be nice to people that really get me.

jourdan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

I have been called a b***h, cold, and stuck up by my mother. Usually its just "selfish" or "self centered" though, even after going over and over the situation in my head I never understand why. When she gets upset with me she will yell until I cry because she quote "wants to get a reaction" from me. I don't understand why it considered normal for people to be public with their emotions, even forcing them on others, but it is wrong to be private about my feelings and I should be shamed and corrected.
I am also commonly mistaken for being angry or miserable when I am not. People I barely know will ask looking very concerned. At first I thought they were making fun of me. Have yet to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:17 pm

It's not something I get called, but I have a very meek, genial persona. Too meek. I get bullied, manipulated and taken advantage of a lot.

I've been called cold before, though, because I don't get moved by sad stories or cry at funerals.

disintgr
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

Yes. And an ice queen, selfish, rude, unpolite etc. People also assume I am always unhappy and tell me off for not smiling enough. The first time this happend I was five. The teacher asked me to smile and at least pretend I am happy.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

I'm past caring if I am or not. The types of people who bad-mouth me are invariably stupid so their judgement is irrelevant.

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

I had a disagreement with a housemate. I argued logically, from my own perspective, that her selfish actions were harming others.

She assumed I was being mean to her because I didn't like her and wanted to hurt her.

She said her actions were "human" and she was being kind and generous, implying my criticism of her showed I was unkind and ungenerous.
I think she was trying to use emotional blackmail, trying to get me to feel bad about my choices so I would let her get what she wanted. I refused to be defined by her expectations of what a "good" person is.

I think people sometimes say "you are cold-hearted, etc..." because their attempt to manipulate you emotionally has failed.

sara4767
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

I'm just super awkward always. Not sure if people think I'm a b***h or not.

CosmicCastaway
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2012, 8:49 pm

Been called a b***h for correcting someone that their lizard was brumating, not hibernating.
My roommate always calls me nonchalant.
Called cold and distant by the guy I liked in middle school.
Called antisocial, routinely, by classmates.

Each and every time this happens I get confused. I don't get it.

AQ: 39

McCool
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2012, 7:01 am

Yes, but I apparently come off as so cold and bitchy that no one has ever mentioned it to me directly. They usually just ask my husband once I am out of earshot why I am so bitchy.

helles
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 12:08 pm

ohhh yes.

I am definitely a cold b***h :lol: Been told so many times by my ex. husband

Prefer being called a witch

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

All the time.

Most recently, someone close to me mentioned to a group of acquaintances of ours that I was incredibly sweet.

When one of the guys in the group heard that (one I dislike), he got really pissed off was going "Are you f*cking crazy? How you lost your f*cking mind, dude?"

:lmao:

This is the result of the people who know you vs. the people who don't. :lol: