(are you in the UK too?)

i am

what an awesome username:)

Thankyou. :D

rai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

I love my purses! Most of the time I go for larger ones, with many smaller "wristlets" and different things to carry smaller items. My bag is huge but has a bunch of smaller bags/cases and what not in it. I consider it very organized and everything has its place. I find that when I wear jeans stuff falls out of the pockets and theres not enough space (like said earlier, the pockets in girls jeans are terrible and really shallow). And only one pair of my dress pants actually has pockets, and they look really weird with things in them.

My current purse has my wallet in it (one that snaps open and closed for credit/debit/store cards/license, etc. and then two separate zipper areas for cash/coins), a makeup bag that actually is used for my pens/pencils, my mini planner, my sunglass case, a wristlet for lotion and chap stick, and a small place for my phone and personal items.

It's a little neurotic, but I can't stand not having it all completely organized. It really bothers me when I see people with huge bags that take 5 minutes to find their debit card that got tossed to the bottom of the bag (most likely after hurrying to get out of a store).... I could never do that. I just couldn't.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with purses.First of all...how come we women always seem to need to carry so many things?! !? that's when a tail would come in handy..anyway...I got a vegan purse by Matt & Nat recently,I love it..I also have another one I love,it's yellow cotton by Life Is Good,it has a cute silkscreen on it of oh hey I'll just post it haha.I like collecting ones,try to be as vegan as possible.Something that will fit: big cotton wallet,SIGG water bottle,Weleda lip balm,toothbrush and mini toothpaste,hand sanitizer,book,mini notepad with pen,scarf,phone, and any extras I pick up on the way...Image

crouton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

I don't like handbags, mainly because they look quite silly with the clothes I tend to wear, they're uncomfortable to carry over the shoulder, and few of them are big enough to hold a number of the things that I often like to have with me. I prefer to keep my things in a rucksack, though my money, phone and keys typically end up in my pockets.

Madao wrote:
CURSE YOU WOMEN'S PANTS FOR HAVING CRAPPY POCKETS.

Thank you. :P

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:40 pm

I carry all my stuff in a meerkat shaped stuffed animal backpack.

peacerunner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2011, 9:31 pm

I carried the same brown Baggalinni purse for 4 years. At the urgings of my colleagues at lunch I got "brave" and went back to my fav purse store and finally bought a new green one about 3 wks ago. Took it home and suddenly had strange feelings of deja vu. Looked in the closet and pulled out the SAME purse (i had forgotten that I had carried it for the 3 yrs prior to getting the brown one) So what does THAT mean??? I even had then look in the basement stock room because I wanted green and that was not on the rack. Posted the pic of the two purses side by side in my facebook!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 12:33 am

I carry one with my Nintendo DSiXL in it and PSP and other games, checkbook, ebook, and other junk, wallet with cards and bus pass. The wallet has a thing on it where you put around your chest and shoulder to carry and I keep it tied to my purse because I almost left it on the bus one time and the wallet falls out sometimes so I tied it to it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 2:50 am

I like purses. A lot. I have far too many. :oops:

EvaSmith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2011, 6:41 am

Mackica wrote:
I got a vegan purse by Matt & Nat recently,I love it.

I have a Matt and Natt bag too! I got it secondhand off Ebay, I like that you can easily wear it hanging from your shoulder or across your body for extra security.

anomie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2011, 10:54 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
it's our language so I shall assume we get the right of way(:

Just to let people know, not all brits think this way. I'm from the UK, I don't think English is "ours" and I see that as a bigoted opinion.

Even if it did make sense to say a language belonged to anyone (apart from maybe .NET belonging to microsoft) then surely English belongs to everyone who speaks it and certainly to everyone who has it as their native language, be they Australian, American, Jamaican or whoever.

Off-topic maybe, but I felt I had to defend brits as not all being full of that sort of crap.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

anomie wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:

Just to let people know, not all brits think this way. I'm from the UK, I don't think English is "ours" and I see that as a bigoted opinion.

Even if it did make sense to say a language belonged to anyone (apart from maybe .NET belonging to microsoft) then surely English belongs to everyone who speaks it and certainly to everyone who has it as their native language, be they Australian, American, Jamaican or whoever.

Off-topic maybe, but I felt I had to defend brits as not all being full of that sort of crap.

I have to agree with you, and thank you for taking the time. I'm not British--I'm an American who regularly sees/hears British people making comments about their forms of English being the most "correct." One dialect is no more correct than the other and no one country owns a language; the English spoken in England is equally as correct as that spoken in the US, New Zealand, or even Singapore. In fact, in some ways, American English has changed less over the past couple of centuries than British English has, making it ever-so-slightly closer to the original shared ancestor. For example, American English still uses words such as "gotten," most variants are still rhotic (pronouncing Rs in words), and the American accent has changed less in general than the British one has. Of course, I'm not saying that American English is more correct than British English--simply pointing out how silly it is to say that British English is more correct or that England owns English. I would be fascinated to see a study which compares how English has evolved over time in each of the English-speaking countries (of which there are many).

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

Kaybee wrote:
anomie wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:

I have to agree with you, and thank you for taking the time. I'm not British--I'm an American who regularly sees/hears British people making comments about their forms of English being the most "correct." One dialect is no more correct than the other and no one country owns a language; the English spoken in England is equally as correct as that spoken in the US, New Zealand, or even Singapore. In fact, in some ways, American English has changed less over the past couple of centuries than British English has, making it ever-so-slightly closer to the original shared ancestor. For example, American English still uses words such as "gotten," most variants are still rhotic (pronouncing Rs in words), and the American accent has changed less in general than the British one has. Of course, I'm not saying that American English is more correct than British English--simply pointing out how silly it is to say that British English is more correct or that England owns English. I would be fascinated to see a study which compares how English has evolved over time in each of the English-speaking countries (of which there are many).

oh lord

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
anomie wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:

oh lord

There are many linguaphiles around these parts. :lol:

Ishtara
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2011, 4:04 am

Madao wrote:
CURSE YOU WOMEN'S PANTS FOR HAVING CRAPPY POCKETS

Ugh, I hate this too. I must have pockets. Though there seems to have been a fashion for shrugs/vests/cardigans with decent pockets over the past year, so I've picked up quite a few of these to make up for pants that don't have them.

I usually carry a tote or messenger bag with a long strap so I can wear it. I'm currently making a big messenger-type bag with a very broad, soft strap which will be my travel handbag. It will have pockets designed for the items I carry (including a padded pocket for my netbook) and shouldn't dig into my shoulder even when full.

Curiosity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

I hate purses. I like clothes with pockets. I fill them up with everything I need. Probably looks clunky, but I don't care.

Gwenwyn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2011, 12:31 am

I have stuff in a purse, like loose receipts, but I keep my debit card separate. If someone tried to steal my identity they couldn't get any credit anyway -_-' I don't like purses in general though. All the ones today are so bleeding huge. I'm not keeping a small child in it, why does it have to be the size of a new york apartment? Blech. No, let me keep my tiny square purse that I can sling to my hip for when it absolutely has to be carried.