Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

catlover02 wrote:
Hi ASdogGeek, Nice to meet you. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Tampons and pads are supposed to be changed every 4 to 8 hours. Tampons do NOT hurt unless you put them in wrong. The applicator kind of tampons are the easiest to put in. Inside al tampon boxes, there is an instruction thing with a diagram that shows you the steps how to put in a tampon and you just follow those instructions to put them in. My tampons have never riped for me. If you follow all the instructions on the instruction thing in the tampon box, then they shouldn't hurt to put them on and you shouldn't have any problems with them. I really hope that my advice helped you out.

Sorry, but...

Tampons should be changed every 4-6 hours - longer they're left the longer bacteria multiply and vaginal cleaning is prevented, so higher risk of TSS and infections, if a woman can go 8 hours without leaking she's also using too high an absorbency so 33% higher TSS risk. Some companies say 8 hours as this regulation was brought in after the TSS outbreak in the 1980's, it's not been changed since because tampon companies are self-regulated and keeping this makes their products seem more convenient.

Tampons CAN cause pain even when used correctly - anything put into the vagina may cause pain for women if their PC muscles tense-up, commercial tampons also contain chemicals that can cause sensitivity and allergic reactions. Friction and drying will always cause splitting and ulceration in the walls of the vagina, in most women this can cause discomfort and some are more sensitive to this than others, particularly again if using commercial tampons which are made from rayon fibre. Tampons are also well-known for increasing cramping.

I'd also argue that non-applicator are easier for most women as they give better control over depth/direction as well as having rounder tips - sponge, soft, wet, and cloth tampons are all also easier to use than standard commercial or organic tampons.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.