Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Satellite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Reason why I didn't think I was in labor was because I had read online that in real labor you can't talk as you are contracting. I guess I took that information too literal.

I had the same problem. It was hard for me to really connect the very painful contractions to being in labor, as they were no worse than the worst of my menstrual pains, and I could talk somewhat during one. One of my friends had described contractions during labor as "the worst pain you've ever experienced", and that "pain so bad it will make you scream", so of course I couldn't really be in labor, but fortunately the pain was bad enough that I thought it best to go to get checked out hoping they'd have something for the pain. By the time I got to the hospital I was 8 cm dilated, which really surprised me. It only took four more hours for my son to be born.

People often describe the overwhelming feelings they get when they've just given birth. It sounds so definitely foreign to me. I wonder whether they actually feel all that, or just say they do.

Xenia
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

I never had any overwhelming feelings afterwards either but most people claim they do, many even claim they cry.