Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sempertemper
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
Ditto. Perhaps those who exist in the RW are less affected by AS than their male counterparts ... ?

No, I suspect that they can 'hold it together' easier due to many of the symptoms of Asperger's traditionally being easier to hide. Plus a lot of women suffer from social anxiety as a result so one can only guess, really.[/quote]

Good luck with that. ;-)

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 1:54 am

JohnOldman wrote:
Rudy Simone is coming out with a whole book that's meant to teach NT men how to understand their Aspergirl partner.

Dude! I'll get it for my bf.
I drove all over town looking for "Aspergirls" today.

:(

Edit: On second thought, this book doesn't sound very helpful. I'm not at all physically-clumsy, nor would I *ever* yell. I don't have a need for time away from my partner (I hate it, actually), nor do I find talking about emotions draining- the opposite. I'm nevertheless as Aspie as they come, with many sensory issues, hyper-analytical thinking, a low tolerance for stress, inability to make eye contact, and "shutdowns". My bf doesn't say much as it is about my Aspergers, and I certainly don't want to give him literature that makes him doubt I have it.

to his Interest."