Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jaffacakes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi,

I've just been through another week of PMT, now gone (about 2 hours ago) and boy do I feel better. I've been monitoring my mood since last month and it is PMT that is causing my Aspergers to go through the roof. My mood has improved, I have more energy, it's like a black cloud over my head that has now gone.

So, I have downloaded a menstruation calender to my phone and can now get my partner to mark in his diary when PMT is about to strike.

My question is, what can I do (if anything) to reduce PMT symptoms?

thanks

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2011, 5:56 am

I have been taking Evening Primrose oil regularly and it seems to help reduce the pain when it comes, unless I am being particularly stressed.

After my period begins, I take Menstral Panadol which usually helps to shut down the cramps after about 2 hours. Although the instructions say to take 2 pills every 6-8 hours, I just take 1 pill and it still works.

I use a menstruation calendar app too, because if I experience any symptoms I can just record it in my phone straight away before I forget.

Arlie
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

I find Evening Primrose Oil really helps for my PMT, it seems to completely prevent it for me if I remember to take it. It's worth a try, it's a well known remedy.
Ginger (especially ginger tea) is said to be good for period pains. Also raspberry leaf tea is apparently good for various women's things.

ZaannV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2011, 6:17 am

chocolate :)