Anyone have a hard time with cleaning habits?

Page 4 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

thegatekeeper wrote:
I agree with OP... I hate being wet out of the water...I love a hot shower, but dread it as soon as I step out...I particularly hate my hands being wet when the rest of me is dry...I am compelled to dry them off immediately.

My partner doesn't care about whether I've shaved anywhere or not... I usually try to keep up with armpits d/t sensory issues, but my legs in the winter can easily go for a month or two before the hairs start to annoy me and rub on my pants.

Summer/spring makes me anxious because I normally don't think about shaving and feel compelled to for fear of being made fun of for being fuzzy

I do try to shave as much as I can. For me, I actaully have to whether I want to or not. I usaully know when I need a shower once my hair starts to feel greasy, then I shower. It's just harder when I deal with constant routine and balance. My mind is easily prone to panic and anxiety from only the slightest routine break, even if it's important to have to shower every day.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

yeah, i have difficulty. ive been keeping hygenic pretty regularly lately, though(:

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2012, 1:12 am

I'm not like obsessed but I do love showers. Perhaps a little too much. I always buy my toiletries in bulk that way I always have a back up ready without ever running out of them. I HAVE to shower every morning and I just can't imagine going to work without skipping a day. I know it's healthier for your hair to wash every other day but I can't stand the feeling of having greasy hair.