Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:08 am

I can't seem to get my hair right. I used to have it just tucked behind my ears and hanging long, but I was beginning to feel so plain and ''geeky'' like that, especially when being with my female friends/cousins and them getting more attention from men than I did, or even attention from other females (not in a sexual way, obviously). So I thought I'd change my hairstyle a bit and have the front shorter than the rest, which looks a lot better, but lately it's been getting in my face and I feel hot and claustrophobic with it over my eyes and I find I automatically pull it back behind me ears without knowing I'm doing it, then end up looking plain again. When I look at other girls with similar hairstyles, their front hair seems to stay off their face and only comes over a little, whereas mine just flops right over my face. Even when I straighten it well it doesn't seem to last long on my hair and it goes back to getting all over my face again. I've tried getting clips to hold it back but the clips just keep coming loose and letting the hair slowly fall over my face again. I've tried a hairband, but apparently I ''look like a little girl'' with my hair off my face (as what a few people have said to me) and most people tell me that it suits me better to have it shaped round my face to make my face look a bit different. They are right, but it's difficult to know how to have it.

A fringe is out of the question, I do not want a fringe. Maybe when I'm older but not at the moment. I don't really like to ask for other people's opinions because they have all different opinions, and start going into detail of how they wear their hair, and I don't want to end up doing too much maintainance with it. Next time my hairdresser comes to my house I'm going to ask her what's best for me and if she knows of any tips on how to keep my hair off my face but still have it shaped round my face to make me look more my age and more attractive.

Oh, and by the way, I've tried hairspray but people have said that hairspray evidentally doesn't work with long hair, so that's another fail. What do you do with your hair here? Do you have a style that is trendy but also suitable for you?

helles
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

I have never asked for peoples opinion on my hair. When I was younger, and had no kids, I used to get my hair cut at the School of Hairdressing (because it was cheap). That usually gave me some cutting edge haristyles in funny colours (blue, red, black torquise etc.).

Then I wore it long for a while, dyeing it red or black.

After I had given birth to my first son I lost a lot of hair, and since I lived in Tanzania at the time, there was not really any haridressers around who could cut my hair. So I just went to the barbershop and got a short cut. Anyways, at the time, I was quite annoyed about all the perfect women in the comercials, so I did the opposite :bounce:

After that I really didn´t have a lot of money and just let it grow, sometimes giving it henna - Then I got through a rough time in life, and cut it all off again, so now it is very short.

It all depends on your personal style and how much you care about other peoples opinion.