Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

Why in the hell do women wear make up and men don't have to even think about it?

I believe women look more beautiful without it, in the first place. I think some women just look ridiculous when they're wearing make-up. Is it a facade? Is it because they are hiding who they really are underneath behind some concealer, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara? In fact some girls look fierce with all this black mascara on their eyes and I don't know how that can attract anybody.

I don't think men really care about what you apply on your face. Skin care and presentation are important, but guys will care more about what you look like naked (like no clothes no make-up, just you and your personality). I think a woman with a great presence and a wonderful personality will get much more men than a girl with make up on! It's just so shallow!
And it ruins your face anyway! It ruins the essential beauty of women. I don't wear make-up and I still get fancied, despite how unconfident I am, so why is wearing make-up become a trend in the majority of women?

How come men get to go on the telly without needing to wear any make-up on their face and still look attractive, but women have to have all this make-up put on proffessionally. And women who don't wear make-up become the minority, and then get criticised by other women, especially young girls like me.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

Right, you make a good point about how it's unfair that women are expected to wear makeup and men are not. But you're not exactly endearing women who do wear makeup to your cause by saying that it ruins their faces and their 'essential beauty' (?). :P

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:16 pm

Not saying they look unattractive without it, but I'm not saying they look unattractive without it either.

What do men to do not look plain, if no make-up generally makes women look plain? If no women ever wore make-up at all, then I don't think any women would look plain. Wish I was a man.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:17 pm

Make-up intention is to make you look younger. Smooth skin, fuller lips, bigger eyes, flush on your cheeks. Youth.

And you know men are attracted to youth.

Some men look waaay better with beards too, so they "hide" and "dress up" as women do. Oh, and they wear make-up on tv.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:
Make-up intention is to make you look younger. Smooth skin, fuller lips, bigger eyes, flush on your cheeks. Youth.

But it's fake.

Once the men see the woman without makeup on, they will get a nasty shock and might not like her any more after all.

What's the point of trying to lure men in with a fake face, when sooner or later they will discover what you really look like?

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Plodder wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:

But it's fake.

Once the men see the woman without makeup on, they will get a nasty shock and might not like her any more after all.

What's the point of trying to lure men in with a fake face, when sooner or later they will discover what you really look like?

Nasty shock? normally make-up is used to enhance your qualities or to hide little deffects, it can't transform a nasty person to a beautiful one. Well, maybe if you are very drunk...

Make-up has a lot of levels, it's not the same a bit of make-up that an oil painting on your face.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Plodder wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:

But it's fake.

a minority of women wear makeup as a form of self expression. like fashion, makeup can be a form of art. and of course, let's not forget that there are non-heterosexual women who wear makeup.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:
normally make-up is used to enhance your qualities or to hide little deffects, it can't transform a nasty person to a beautiful one.

Yes it can. Some girls pile it on and do it very carefully and elaborately. When they take it off, they look like a completely different person.

This is especially the case with people who wear giant false eyelashes all the time, or people with fair eyelashes who wear dark mascara. When you see them without it, you do a double take, because their natural eyes look completely different to the fake ones they're always portraying when they go outside.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

Yes, that kind of make-up is what I called "oil painting", but the same make-up looks nasty then.

Last edited by BanjoGirl on 11 Nov 2012, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

Reminds me of an old Fairport Convention song.

"Some of them stewards they'll blow you over / Lipstick and Makeup, and all that muck,/ Walk like a woman and they call you duck"

http://www.lyricstime.com/fairport-conv ... yrics.html

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

I never wear makeup. I doesn't make me look better, It looks ridiculous and I'm allergic to it..

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Because people where clothes and have pubes covering their bits, people have had to make up their own ways to differentiate gender. Like long hair for women, short hair for men. I saw it explained really well on a Desmond Morris documentary once.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 7:44 pm

^ But men and women are shaped differently!

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

^ Also men have deep voices and facial hair. Women don't. It's a dead giveaway...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

Using make-up helps some women feel more confident about themselves. They seem to relax and become more out-going when they know they look their best.

Also, women's complexions seem to change in sync with their monthly hormonal changes. This is normal. Some may need a little extra makeup now and then to keep that confident attitude.

Now, if only men would learn to accept women as they are, with or without makeup.

... and if only I had learned earlier that the value of an ordinary woman with a pleasant personality is much greater than any bikini babe who whines, complains, and nags all day long.

Oh! And men don't "have to" wear makeup because we gain our confidence through what we do, and the recognition we get for doing it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 9:20 pm

Thanks for all the heteronormative judgment, but I don't wear makeup for men.

Or women.

It's a form of self-expression. I do the same thing with my clothing and hair.

And I'm certainly not asking for you to like it.

The men you see on television are likely wearing makeup.