Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:21 am

it changed twice, first time [soprano to light baritone] at 12&1/2 and the second time [baritone to light bass] when i entered menopause.

OsmosisAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

My voice changed at about 11yo and I know this because it cracked in the way that a boys does while singing at an eistedford. I still get stage fright from this. I've never sung in public again.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 5:23 am

I know this will sound funny, but my voice totally straight up cracked and lowered like a boy's when I was 13. It was summer time, i sang soprano at one church service, went to grandma's house (i commonly spent summers at grandma's house) and it cracked and lowered. At the evening service i could only sing alto. I couldn't sing soprano for years-- just alto. Strangely when I was about 18, I got all of my soprano range added back and with more notes added to it in addition to the alto range I had. Now, I can even hit some whistle notes. My voice is eternally confused, and although I am one note shy of a 4 octave range, as it stands today my voice seems to shine the best in the 5th octave (the next octave an octave above middle C). The texture of it seems to be pretty "bright" if you want to talk textures. The funny thing though, is that, it doesn't necessarily match my speaking voice-- which is lower and fuzzier.

Imweird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

I noticed just recently at age 51 that my voice has deepened. Nobody else notices it but I can hear the difference when I speak.

EQ: 17
You are very likely an Aspie

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2013, 1:57 am

My voice has always been fairly quiet and low pitched and that didn't change during puberty. It started to get a little bit raspy around the time I started primary (elementary) school though.

misakiflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2013, 6:46 am

my voice has hardly changed..
I can still sound like a very convincing 6 year old if I want to.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 1:35 am

Around the age of 14 or so? Mine is so deep and I hate it.. but for some reason, I like listening to it and I can't imagine myself with any other voice.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 6:23 am

What is a voice without a major soprano interfering with it.? I have had many voice changes maybe to make my own voice sound better or just simply to make it go away, without some people thinking any less of me.
why is it that so many people are attracted to someone s pitched tones, when maybe they've never even sung in a choir, or told someone in a lenient way to get up and out of here. :wink:
many of these preferred people out there don't even have an existing circumstance to go back to, well.. maybe I do.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

09 Aug 2013, 11:05 pm

I have some other Qs, how did you deal with the change in voice? What were you like when this happened?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

kalli889
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

My voice is pretty high-pitched. Most people think I'm 10 years younger than I am. I did a voice-over demo, and the sound engineer asked me to try sounding older. I didn't know what he meant. I think my public persona is a bit bubblier because of my high voice than I'd like it to be. I'm toying with deepening it on purpose, as deeper voices are seen (heard?) as more Alpha.

Has anyone seen the movie [/i]The Iron Lady[i]? It's about Margaret Thatcher. She actually worked with a voice coach to deepen her voice on purpose.

http://www.livescience.com/25485-people ... aders.html

kalli889
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm

My voice is pretty high-pitched. Most people think I'm 10 years younger than I am. I did a voice-over demo, and the sound engineer asked me to try sounding older. I didn't know what he meant. I think my public persona is a bit bubblier because of my high voice than I'd like it to be. I'm toying with deepening it on purpose, as deeper voices are seen (heard?) as more Alpha.

Has anyone seen the movie [/i]The Iron Lady[i]? It's about Margaret Thatcher. She actually worked with a voice coach to deepen her voice on purpose.

http://www.livescience.com/25485-people ... aders.html

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2013, 9:17 pm

Probably in the last couple of years or so (I'm 23 now) has my voice begin to change because I am now finding it easier to hit lower notes when I sing.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Nov 2013, 9:38 pm

Codyrules37 wrote:
I was actually younger than average for a guy when my voice started changing. I was around 8 or 9 when my voice started changing.

I think the average age is around 13 for a male.

I presume it's close to the same for girls.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 3:02 pm

My voice didn't really change pitch. I used to have an extremely deep voice for a little girl and now I have a normal-pitched voice for a grown woman. It's a little on the deep side, but it is soft. I wish I could get my adenoids out to sound less nasal (my nose breathing isn't that bad anymore.)

My voice has got a bit softer and reedier over the years but I still permanently sound like I've got a cold.