Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

A discussion on another website led me to post this question to women here: Do You Mark Your Territory?

I mean, when you are dating a man, do you purposely leave some of your personal items in his car or home to let other women know that the man is "taken"? Do you look for similar items, as well?

Things like:

• A few subscription issues of women's magazines (Modern Bride, Cosmopolitan, et cetera) in his magazine rack.
  • Stockings or shoes under his couch or bed.
  • Scrunchies or other items of grooming in his bathroom.
  • Undergarments under the passenger seat of his car.
... Or any other obviously feminine item in some location in his home or car where another woman might know where to look and what to look for?

Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

No. If I felt a need to "mark" my territory when I was dating :eew: I would seriously question the relationship in the first place. I always kept my eyes open though, because I was horribly gullible in the past. Fool me once...

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

No, that's a bit creepy.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

No. Probably one reason why I flunked romance. I use laissez faire as an approach to life and people. I know a woman who did that and my ex was a lot more attracted to her than me. Maybe it makes a man feel wanted and desirable.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Thats what that womanizer guy ( who slept with a 1000 plus ladies) on Dr. Phil said a couple a days ago: that women leave jewelry, or such, in his house "to mark their territory".

Mind you that this guy juggles 8 plus women at a time.

If he has beded that many a few of them would accidently leave stuff I would think. He may read more into the behavior then what is there.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

No, I'm not that needy/desperate/insecure/devious/estrategist, etc.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

My dog peed on the leg of a girl I've been on a few dates with recently. She said "I guess we know where Weird Beard(dog) stands." and I suppose if a girl will tolerate my dog marking her territory on her, there's really no point in me doing the same. Though I don't see how I could, since we're the same gender.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

meems wrote:
Though I don't see how I could, since we're the same gender.

That's not obvious?

Do it the same way your dog did.

That's how I show people my girl is off limits. And they respect it and stay away from her. Or maybe that's just the smell.

I gotta admit, I kind of like it when women do that kind of stuff with me. Not peeing on me, I mean. Leaving stuff at my house, in my car, etc. When I'm with a woman and she sees another woman approaching me I want her first thought to be "Get away! He's mine!" Makes me feel special.

I don't know how healthy that is though.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2012, 10:09 pm

People actually do that in real life? I just assumed that was exaggerated for TV and such, because I don't know anyone who'd try anything like that. Forgetting something at his place is one thing, but deliberately doing it to give off a message is just creepy to me.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

I have not dated, so I have not done these things, but maybe when I do date, I will remember to do these things, they sound kinda fun.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

Most women I know do this.

I do not do this.
I never leave anything at his house. The only way they end up with anything of mine at their house is if they go and buy me stuff themselves, that they want me to keep there.
I have had mutiple guys complain about this previously, the fact that I don't - it seems most men like you to leave stuff at their place.

I know that guys certainly like to mark their territory. The current one likes to leave physical evidence all over my neck & shoulders.
I know part of it is he gets carried away, just because he likes to but other parts of it do include as a way to mark his territory to keep other men away also, he has admitted as much.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm

True, guys definitely have their own ways of doing this. I certainly do. Which is maybe why I like it when they do it back.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:12 am

Screw that weak permissive s**t, I just urinate on all their furniture.

In reality, it would never have occurred to me to do that. I would never consider a person my "territory". They are their own person, and if I can't trust someone to say no to advances, I shouldn't be with them in the first place.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2012, 4:00 am

Perhaps it is not always about marking territory, there are practical reasons for leaving stuff. I would find it sad and pathetic if my girlfriend brought all her grooming stuff with her every time she visited, and then took it all home again.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 5:18 am

I shouldn't have to mark my territory. Other girls shouldn't be in his house to begin with unless it's his mum, sister or 110% platonic friend.

If I was to leave stuff at his house it would be for practical purposes only.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 5:19 am

Quote:
I don't know how healthy that is though.

Not very.