Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Angua
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Sep 2014, 2:08 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to the forums and have only just begun to realise that I could be on the spectrum as of a few weeks ago. What counts as an obsession? I have intense and unusual interests, but what turns an interest into an obsession? I have tried to google this but haven't found an answer to the question. Thank you!

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 6:40 am

Angua wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to the forums and have only just begun to realise that I could be on the spectrum as of a few weeks ago. What counts as an obsession? I have intense and unusual interests, but what turns an interest into an obsession? I have tried to google this but haven't found an answer to the question. Thank you!

An obsession is basically what it says. it's something you are obsessed with for a while until you move onto something else. If it's something you talk about constantly or feel you can't live without, it's considered an obsession. That's what I think for my obsessions anyway. Like, my obsession with Loki/Tom Hiddleston. This is an on and off obsession that seems to come and go for me a lot.

Angua
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Sep 2014, 9:58 am

LokiofSassgard wrote:
Angua wrote:

An obsession is basically what it says. it's something you are obsessed with for a while until you move onto something else. If it's something you talk about constantly or feel you can't live without, it's considered an obsession. That's what I think for my obsessions anyway. Like, my obsession with Loki/Tom Hiddleston. This is an on and off obsession that seems to come and go for me a lot.

Thanks, Loki. I like your picture, by the way, it makes you seem very friendly.