Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 1:39 am

I have short hair because it is easier to handle. With my long hair (I had it about shoulderlength before) was too hot in summer and I even didn´t like it in winter. So I have a short cut. The only problem is that I am sometimes considered as male.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 5:10 am

For the longest time I grow my hair out and hack to donate as much as possible then I get an easy to fix punk hair style for a while. I usually start thinking about donation when it gets stuck in my armpit when getting up from a chair. Does this happen to anyone else? Usually after just applying deodorant.. *yank* Yup. Time to donate.

muldoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2013, 8:05 pm

Last November I cut my hair from a dowdy shoulder length non-style to a choppy crop (I did it myself because I have issues with the smells in salons). It's the first time in my life that I've really liked my hair. I "upgraded" to a no. 8 (1 inch) last week. I don't miss trying to make it look "presentable" every morning - for which I lack the ability - and I'm personally more confident in my androgyny. :D

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:21 pm

NO!! ! I will NOT wear jewelry or makeup with my short hair!! ! I HATE wearing jewelry and makeup! The way necklaces and bracelets rub against my skin until it's raw and greasy oily dusty makeup is not worth it at ALL. And if other people don't like it they can just kiss my shiny white butt! :evil:

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2013, 7:44 am

I have had mine long for years,, looked at a coworker my age with a similar style and it hit me that a pony tail probably isn't an appropriate style for a short dumpy 54 yo.. so i had it done should length,,blunt,,MUCH easier to take care of which is a big thing with me,, I wont put in a lot of effort.. no makeup.. hate the stuff,, i do like jewelry. When I found out i was aspie,, one of my goals has been to simplifiy and eliminate sources of frustration,, and being over whelmed,, shorter hair is much easier..