Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

:D My niece joined up and she's quite happy with it and so am I because at least I know she's not starving herself like before. She's 15. One thing though - she didn't ask her lecturer about this and I'm curious. They gave her a daily 33 point limit. Do they decrease or increase this at any time? I looked through stuff (impressive!) but she had a sheet for a sample 26 point daily diet. I was wondering. Any members out there? :)

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

Hi, i'm not a member of Weight Watchers, but I know a little bit about it, aswell as Scottish Slimmers, which is similar. You might know this already, but I think each point is worth around 50 calories, which means that your neice should be consuming up to 1650 calories a day, in order to lose a healthy amount of weight (up to around 2lb) per week. As she loses weight, she will need to decrease the number of points she consumes, in order to keep losing. For example, the Scottish Slimmers plan uses points that are worth 25 calories each. If someone was between 10 and 13 stone, they should aim to eat up to 45 points a day (1125 calories), if they get below 10 stone, they must reduce their calorie intake by 5 points, which leaves 40 points, or 1000 calories.

Like I said, I don't know much, but I hope this helps. I'm glad that your neice is no longer starving herself, and that she has such a caring relative. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:12 pm

Buy one of their points calculators, or download an app for your phone.

Here is their Online Points Counter. It'll give you a good idea of the points value for each food. Just enter each value from the package label.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 4:44 pm

I had good luck with WW in the past, but then I really burned out on logging every single morsel. It kind of took the joy out of food for me. It's a sound system though-- exercise daily, eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables, and stay away from the high fat meat and dairy. I think all that tracking lead me to really crappy eating habits as a backlash, but it does work out well for a lot of people.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

I'm guessing they're also taking her age into account. Though she's 15, and likely through puberty, she's still technically growing (or should be, up to 18 ). So, that's probably a factor.

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2013, 2:12 am

Hmm I never tried that diet, the only thing I do try to do is to reduce carbs although I still eat some like in wraps and potatoes,but I try to get the minimal serving.

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

I've been sent to weight watchers a few years ago.
The point system is okay, but I fail to see how it is different from counting calories.
The meetings were rubbish - the lady who ran them just gave long talks about how great their products were. It was basically an advert. Usually two or three of the more outspoken dieters got a say (so NEVER me), but there were about 40 people, so the rest just sat and listened to the sales talk.

I didn't like it at all.