Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

Yes, very much, but I would have to find a suitable man for that first.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 7:36 am

pokerface wrote:
I abolutely like children but I don't want to have them myself for several reasons.

One of those reasons is that I don't want to pass my aspergers, or a more severe form of autism, on to a next generation. I don't think that autism is so terrible that no one should be born with it but it definitely makes life more complicated and difficult.
Another reason is that I am not completely sure if I would be a really good and stable parent which is what children deserve and need most of all. I have seen too many examples of people who don't handle parenthood well at all and I don't want become one of them. Not for my own sake but for the sake of the (hypothetical) children.

Yeah, these things always go through my mind. But the urge to have children as just so great. I am 21 now but I really hope that I will meet at sweet man one day with who I cannot and that we can have a family. It frightens me a bit that my kids could have and ASD as well. But I am willing to put the time in it to help and raise them. If I were rich, I would never have a job and just take care of my kids. I'm not ambitious at all.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 11:56 am

I don't really want kids, though I don't detest the idea. I can see some positives to having children. I don't think it would be a wise thing for me to do.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 2:30 pm

I never want kids and am glad that I am no longer physically able to have them.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

Yes (but when I'm a lot older)..."Why?"...Because I would like to have 'a little piece of me'; someone to succeed me, someone I can teach things, someone I can be proud of...Plus, I love babies; I get to babysit my baby nieces and nephews often, and I love them and they love me. :)

...To me, this is very important; I would indeed be very disappointed and distraught if I found out that I could never have children.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

JenJazz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

yes! im actually 15 weeks pregnant at the minute and so happy :-) xxx

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:27 am

JenJazz wrote:
yes! im actually 15 weeks pregnant at the minute and so happy :-) xxx

aaaw. congratz!

lshoe26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

I Have always wanted to be a mother soooo yess someday...I was always told that I would be a good mom because I have such a good heart...I am having a newphew soon so ill be practicing on him :)

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm

I have a daughter but I don't want any more.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:24 am

I have a kid........i was least prepared for it.
But my hubby takes care of him most of the time.
I cant handle the social pressure which comes with having a kid
Attending its school programmes and getting side lined by other moms
Hearing its teachers complaints on daily basis
Asking it to complete the H.W, begging him to take bath,
Plus fulfilling its demands of toys, books, gadgets
And finally when they grow up they kick us on butts and move on
So whats the whole point i dont get it.
I would rather prefer having friends and having a whale of a party all the time.

elsing
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2013, 8:11 am

I would like a child or an older toddler but not a baby.

I dread the idea of having a baby, decreased personal time, increased visitors, the expectation that I would have to put my baby's needs ahead of my own. The idea of having a child is not much better, having to deal with playground politics with other mothers.

I have noticed a child's routine is an acceptable excuse to not take part in a spontaneous activity and that would be a welcomed bonus.

My boyfriend wants children very much, I don't think I am suited to be a mother. People tell me I would be a good mum based on a scenario of me looking after their children for a small number of hours which to me is ridiculous.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

I can honestly say that I don't want children. I don't have the patience for them. For that matter, I don't want to get married either, but that's another story for another day. :?

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2013, 5:48 am

Sure, I'd want 2 or 3 kids; I've always wanted a big family, I like taking care of my siblings (I have 6), and for some reason whenever I hold babies they just go to sleep. But, I want to wait a few years until I meet the right guy, can provide a good home, and have done some of the things I want to do. Much to the annoyance of my family. :D

People in my family have been nagging me since I was 14, telling me I should settle down, find a guy to marry, and start a family. Most of this nagging came from my mom; which I found ironic, cause everyone says she should never have had any kids :roll: (if you have ever seen Married with Children, she's like a smaller, junkie version of Peg). And since my last birthday people have been trying to set me up non stop. Around here most of the girls get married or have a kid at 16 or 18 (some as early as 13, but not very often), and that the longer you wait, the less likely you are to ever get married.

The only person in my family who doesn't agree is my grandfather on my mom's side, who thinks I should never marry, or have kids. He used to want me to wait for my perfect guy, but changed his tune pretty fast after my diagnosis. :?

LaPelirroja
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2013, 4:57 am

Part of me is terrified of the idea- what if I'm not capable? What if I can't handle the stress? What if I mess my kids up?

But I've wanted to be a mother all my life. Every day I think about the information I'll someday pass onto my kids, the challenges we'll face together, the languages we'll speak, the music we'll share (and, hopefully, we'll like some of the same stuff!).

However, when I realized that I was attracted to women when I was a teenager, I began to lean more towards foster care and/or adoption, as opposed to bearing my own child. Why waste money on sperm donors or anything like that when there are already plenty of kids who need families right here in my state?

Although I now consider myself to be bisexual, I would still foster or adopt, even if I married a man. I'd be interested in working with kids/adults with disabilities. But, who knows what lies ahead of me?

Whatever happens, though, I'm definitely going to adopt some parrots first before I have any kids!

LolCasanova
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Apr 2013, 12:27 pm

I do but I really wish I didn't. I already stress over whether or not I'll be capable (there's no proof I wouldn't be capable. I just overthink too much) so I can only imagine I'd be a nightmare once I was actually trying. I'd like to have a big family. I was more or less brought up as an only child and so the idea of having a house full of people appeals to me. I sometimes wonder if I'd even be a good parent or whether it'd be my NT boyfriend who'd be the better parent of us, not to mention if the child had AS or severe autism.

When I was single, I didn't give much thought to kids. I didn't even really want them. But since being in a steady relationship, I find that I really do want to have kids with him one day (maybe at 25 onwards, I'm only 21) and I worry about if it wasn't going to be possible. I'd like to have two boys first and then two girls, if money would allow. But I definitely want to be older and preferably married, I don't feel mature enough in my mind yet.

Draka
Raven
Raven

11 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

I don't want one. Never did want one. If I ever do want one, I'd adopt one 6 or older. I can't deal with babies and pregnancy/labor is definately in the "not fun" category.