Do you WANT to be (physically) attractive?

Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 79 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 110

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 5:59 pm

Somewhat related to the thread Body Image, but with more emphasis on overall looks rather than on weight issues.

Edit: I also had the "Other" option, but I forgot to click the add button.

suziekueww
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

I want to be attractive, but I have no idea why I want to be, or what attractive is.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 6:36 pm

yeah :(

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 8:53 pm

I definitely want to be more attractive. Some people find me attractive the way I am, but it's more in a "cute" way rather than "beautiful". I think my facial features are too round and short, and my eyes are too small.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 9:32 pm

Yeah I know if I was physically attractive I wouldn't be as single as I've been. Men (not all men) will only want to be with you if you're physically attractive which is not hard to understand and women do the same.

Looking back I think not being pretty is one of the major reasons why I was picked on by guys. There was of course other factors like being socially akward and quirky but people tend to judge you face and body first before ever getting to know you. When it comes to romantic relationships, it gets even more complicating. I've had a lot of self esteem issues when it's come to interacting with the opposite sex....A LOT. I even had an eating disorder for a period of time cuz I hate my body shape.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 02 Sep 2010, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm

I get told I am attractive, but I just don't see it, get self conscious

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 10:23 am

By my own standards, yes. By society's standards, no. I have zero desire to be alarmingly thin and have oversized breasts.

Wait, I am 5'7 and 51 kilograms, and I have oversized breasts. :(

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 1:30 pm

Well, y'all know how I feel about it since the Body Image thread is mine. :lol:

YES. But as it has been mentioned, not to society's standards. I could never be super-thin anywho due to my frame. I feel that if I had a more feminine shape, guys would be more interested in me. I get told I'm "adorable" and "cute" but I feel like those are terms for a baby or a puppy, not a 21 year old girl. My face is extremely baby-face and, as far as I know, most guys like mature faces but there's not much I can do about that apart from putting on make-up. D:

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 10:13 pm

Yes. And mostly by my own standards, but I guess they're heavily influenced by other standards. I don't want to be alarmingly thin like mechanicalgirl said - I like having muscular legs and a plump bum (thank god for Jennifer Lopez lol). I also like having very dark hair and light skin. It seems that a lot of people like to go for lighter hair and darker skin - a combination that I find uninteresting.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 9:33 am

I'm very happy with the way I look, and I am overweight. I think people think I pretend to have so much confidence. Either that, or I fool myself so much I can't see that I'm fooling myself. :shrug:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 4:35 pm

I want to be attractive, I can pull off "decent" if I make effort with clothes or whatever. And if I feel like trying to attract certain people I might dress in a mini skirt or something (but still keeping it tasteful though).
But I'm not too fond of my tummy or top of my arms, I think I need to excercise more. I am average weight but not that toned.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

not really a yes or no question for me.

yes, to those for whom beauty arises from internal qualities that they admire.

physical beauty for physical beauty's sake? no. it pries open further the door to being used.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm

Yes. I don't really know what I would achieve by being attractive, but I guess I'll never know.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 4:26 am

Sure. I think most people would like to be physically attractive. Most people will never believe that they are physically attractive. We focus on our flaws; I fret about my short legs, my husband hates his gut, but we each find the other attractive. Society favors the physically attractive -- they are more likely to be offered a job, for instance.

Internal qualities are vastly more important to me, but I don't think wanting to be attractive makes a person shallow.

ScratchMonkey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2010, 9:35 am

Like it or not, guys are wired to look at physical characteristics first. But note that we all have different tastes. I'm in the group that likes skinny and small breasts, for example. You may not look like Barbie, but you may still be some guy's perfect woman in the looks department.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

For the record, I'm disappointed in 26 of you. :x

And for males who are reading this: please not to assume that everyone wants to be attractive to impress YOU. Attractive people just have it easier in general.