Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2007, 11:56 am

Try waxing strips, or an electric shaver designed for women. This is if they want their bodies to be shaved, if not, just let it be.

Ziyaret
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2007, 2:05 pm

I have to say: I strongly prefer it when women shave. They certainly dont have to if they really dont want to but from a gentlemans perspective its quite unsightly and big turn-off. Seems like shaving ones legs is the bare minimum. Its so hard for me to understand why but body hair comes across as being a masculine feature. Im suprised that women even have body hair at all since they have no facial hair.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 11:40 am

Aerin wrote:
I use an epilady (mechanical tweezer thing), but it hurts like crazy.

Same here, those machines makes getting a tattoo a walk in the park. I did my right leg a week ago & haven't had the courage to match up the left, I just keep shaving that one. It hurts less if you keep it up, but if you shave in between the hairs start growing back thicker - that makes the tweeze process hurt something awful! 8O

mcsquared
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2007, 2:35 pm

lonelyLady wrote:
leave them alone, seriously. If they don't like shaving, don't make them.

I agree with this person. With respect to armpits they could just wear sleeves or say they're European.
With respect to the bikini line, there are some nice bathing suits with wrap-around skorts or lycra shorts that could easily cover it up. Honestly, I put the blame on the bathing suit industry for being so immodest!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 3:23 pm

alex wrote:
wendytheweird wrote:
I'm much cooler and sweat less when I don't shave.

If body hair makes people cooler, squirrels should shave their entire bodies in the winter so they'll stay warmer.

The body hair keeps the area in question ventilated, which, combined with sweat, keeps it cooler.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 9:46 am

See? I knew there was a reason we all have body hair.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

kyethra
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2007, 7:11 pm

I love to shave. It doesn't hurt, I feel, especially not compared to razor cuts and razor burn and irritation.

I get these nair bodywax strips. You just warm the strips with your hands (I sit on them) and its very easy. I hear epilators are also good for experienced waxers.

I think there is something about pullling those hairs up by the roots that also gives me satisfaction. Plus this way I get less ingrown hairs. With the strips there is not a big mess and its super easy.

Then a few days later I use cream to clean up any missed little spots.

merr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 12:14 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Anyway, guys hate Brazilian waxes; they look like crap. Leave them alone, and things will be better.
8O whaa? No way, guys hate brazilians? I'm having trouble believing that one. Why do they?

Gwendolyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2007, 1:28 am

I don't shave at all. My theory is that if they don't like it f*** them. I'm not going to change who I am to fit sexist stereotypes. You don't catch guys torturing their legs, underarms, and pubic areas, do you? So why should I?

But then I have the good luck to live in a place where it's socially acceptable.

I hate it when girls have brazilians. It makes them look pre-pubescent. Not a turn on.

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2007, 2:32 am

I shave my underarms and legs (knees and blow, thighs have a very thin blond hair, and I never wear anything shorter then knee length 'cept when swimming... but still not noticeable...)... and the edges (I guess that'd be the bikini line?)....

I feel so unconfident about it all though... like is that good enough, or do ppl expect/prefer everything shaved? Like, thats a large reason I don't wanna get into a relationship, is because I'd be too scared showing myself... one way or other... :oops: last thing I ever want is someone remarking that I'm too hairy or expect me to shave when I didn't or vice versa T_T... (man, glad I don't have to worry about this just yet...)

*hides* horribly embarrassing question/thoughts... >.<;;;

But I like guys shaving cream for some reason... not as stinky as girls, and its thicker/works better... same for guys razor thingies... aaaaaand guys soap and shampoo... dangit, why do girls have to get the stinky stuff? >.<

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 4:09 am

ozkaz wrote:
8O I have two teenage girls and they both dont like shaving under arms, we have tried creams to get rid of hair but it doesnt seem to work as well. has anyone else had this problem and has anyone got ANYIDEAS at all how i can help them? :oops:

also my oldest girl wont go swimming anymore cos of bikini line, should i tell her just to shave or should she wax? she wouldnt walk into beauty pallor for 1000000000000000000000 dollars? any input please?
:lol:

Bikini line maintenance is a chore, so when I wear a swimsuit, I wear boyshorts. There are lots of swimsuits that have this style, and you don't have to worry about the whole bikini-line thing. wOOt! That's my solution. :wink:
I would never wax down their either. OUCH OUCH OUCH! 8O

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 4:37 pm

ozkaz wrote:
8O I have two teenage girls and they both dont like shaving under arms, we have tried creams to get rid of hair but it doesnt seem to work as well. has anyone else had this problem and has anyone got ANYIDEAS at all how i can help them? :oops:

also my oldest girl wont go swimming anymore cos of bikini line, should i tell her just to shave or should she wax? she wouldnt walk into beauty pallor for 1000000000000000000000 dollars? any input please?
:lol:

Just tell them to suck it up. It's not that difficult to shave a two square inch area of skin. I find shaving my legs to be a chore though.