Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 1:50 pm

I had a friend come down and visit this summer and I've always enjoyed spending time with her and I feel comfortable with her. She's also very much a tomboy. She loves to skateboard and play video games and she looks like a guy. Now if I was around a girl who was more feminine I would feel less comfortable and more reserved. It's like girly girls are a foreign species to me. If I'm with a girl who is less stereotypically female I'm a lot more comfortable and probably more likely to be friends with them. I guess it's because I'm a bit of a tomboy myself, but my friend is even more so. Anyone else feel more comfortable around tomboys or gals that aren't as stereotypically female?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 2:00 pm

I like women who are less into appearances, makeup and fashion and are more into real life. People who spend their life in front of a mirror are going to have a certain outlook on life that I don't care for too much.

04 Aug 2007, 3:23 pm

Do you have many guy friends? I wondered if because you're more comfortable around tomboys, if your comfortable around guys.

I'm the same opposite way. I am more comfortable around girls and effeminite guys. Growing up i had alot more girl friends than guy friends.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 3:31 pm

I really have too many ideals and not too many friends. So the count of male and female friends is equal. I like women if you're asking that question though.

BigTimeSynesthete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Aug 2007, 10:55 am

yes i definitely feel more comfortable around tomboys or just girls who don't waste hours a day focusing on their appearence. i also feel more comfortable around effemite guys. they aren't usually as angry and nasty as "real" men.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Aug 2007, 11:16 am

I tend to enjoy spending time with real boys more than with boyish girls.

But it depends on what you mean by tomboy.

I don't think I'd hang out with girls who obsess over tackle football, but I've very much enjoyed friendships with girls who have kind of nerdy interests.

I'm sort of girly myself, in the sense that I like to look nice. But once I've gleaned the necessary information to make myself presentable, I'm not interested in conversation about makeup, clothes, etc.

I think I just like girls who are down to earth, not vain or vapid, overly giggly, overly angsty, or mean to people. I can't stand it when I'm hanging out with a group of women and they all start talking nasty about someone who isn't present.

For some reason I'm a lot more forgiving of the faults of my male friends. Maybe I should explore that thought.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 12:30 am

Anytime there is a girl who seems remotely like someone I wouldn't mind hanging out with...(as I have 0 female friends currently)..I end up making an ass of myself.
Most girls seem to concider me more trouble than it is worth and vice versa.

As far as "tom boys" go...I find it hard to hang around females who are too overbearing...and ones that are too girly seem like they are from a different planet than me....and that'swhy I don't have any female friends.

Guys are so much easier.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 7:41 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I like women who are less into appearances, makeup and fashion and are more into real life. People who spend their life in front of a mirror are going to have a certain outlook on life that I don't care for too much.
Yeah, me too. It isn't even that I don't care for their outlook on life - it is just completely foreign to me (girly girls I mean).

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon