Page 4 of 24 [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:13 pm

Nights_Like_These wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
blockhead90 wrote:
in more than one way you're a troll.

if that's supposed to be an indirect jab at my looks, i'll try not to be too devastated that you're not attracted to me. it will hurt and it will be damned hard, but with time i think i will learn to love myself again without your approval.

:lmao:

I don't know, starvingartist. Once you've been rejected by someone named blockhead90 on the internet the shame will follow you around throughout your life, you'll never be able to shake it.

it will be a challenge, no doubt--i'm sure it will greatly effect my self-esteem and ability to sleep at night without crying over and over "oh blockhead, why don't you want me???" into my pillow first. :lol:

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:16 pm

starvingartist wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
blockhead90 wrote:
in more than one way you're a troll.

if that's supposed to be an indirect jab at my looks, i'll try not to be too devastated that you're not attracted to me. it will hurt and it will be damned hard, but with time i think i will learn to love myself again without your approval.

:lmao:

I don't know, starvingartist. Once you've been rejected by someone named blockhead90 on the internet the shame will follow you around throughout your life, you'll never be able to shake it.

it will be a challenge, no doubt--i'm sure it will greatly effect my self-esteem and ability to sleep at night without crying over and over "oh blockhead, why don't you want me???" into my pillow first. :lol:

I just got an e-mail for 74% off diazepam. I'd be happy to forward it to you, there's no reason why you should cause yourself any undue suffering. hehe

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:26 pm

Something about not feeding trolls....

So anyway, starvingartist, what's your proposal?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:28 pm

starvingartist wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
You know what, I find you as an intelligent person as well and I enjoy conversing with you as well. I still want to read that book you suggested "A speed of Dark." I love to explore new ideas and it seems like you do as well. That's pretty cool in my book. Personally, I think we as human kind need better ways to live and better ways to interact with each other.

I think to get to the root of sexism and nice guy syndrome we have to understand the roots of it within many contexts including but not limited to cultural, metaphysical, ontological, and historical. To talk about these things and come up with solutions we would have to talk about other issues that can inter-relate and intersect with this.

For example, I believe these things especially nice guy syndrome is a symptom of our hustling based culture in which everything is treated as a commodity that can be bought and sold when maybe there are things that should have intrinsic worth. From my observations, During our time period virginity seems to be treated as a vice and losing one's virginity is seen as a rite of passage and this seems to be a cultural issue. During the Victorian period, the converse was true. Both of our periods have their high and low points. There are other cultures that exist today and during different time periods that had different beliefs and values.

My opinion is look at the history, culture, philosophy, ontology of other cultures and discuss them and formulate new ideas. I believe this is the way to strike out the root of sexism and nice guy syndrome. Isn't nice guy syndrome another form of evil and if Socrates is correct doesn't evil come from ignorance as to what good is? How does a guy afflicted with nice guy syndrome and sexism and other isms know how to do good if they believe they're doing good and the outcome that comes from it is evil?

This is why I ask questions. So, I know what good is, how to do good and actually do good for myself and my fellow man.

there is some great writing out there about intersectionality in feminism, for example and to get you started, if you're interested:

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Intersectionality

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10572435/Intersectional-feminism.-What-the-hell-is-it-And-why-you-should-care.html

https://laurenloudrmilk.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/essay-intersectionality-in-feminism/

http://thefeministwire.com/2014/04/decolonial-intersectionality/

I never knew what the term was called. This is so fascinating to me because of all the interwoven complexities to this.

I believe Susan B Anthony was a feminist as well. She and her group of feminists were different from today's feminists in one aspect and that was the issue of abortion. I think she believed abortion was a tool of oppression while today's feminists believe the opposite.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:37 pm

tarantella64 wrote:
Something about not feeding trolls....

So anyway, starvingartist, what's your proposal?

well i was thinking an email-writing campaign or petition or something like that, but i've never done anything like this before (certainly not from the organisational side of things) and i have no experience with social media activism and that, which is why i'm looking for suggestions from others. and, being on the spectrum, the organisational side also happens to be the executive functioning side, which is not a strength of mine.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 7:55 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
you're not a very understanding person are you? You're very quick to take offense. Maybe thats part of your problem? maybe its not the world but you? just a suggestion. said with zero emotion attached but ive no doubt you'll add a condescending tone to what im saying.

Can't the "world" ever be wrong in what it believes? You're making a fallacy of appeal to popularity. Just because the majority says and believe x is true does not make it true.

What is this "world" we're talking about? It seems like you're lumping the whole populace of the world into your beliefs and your cultural beliefs and I believe this is a hasty generalization.

blockhead90, why don't you learn to attack and question people's arguments instead of making an ad hominem attack?

Maybe because when he does that, the poor persecuted woman on WP card is played, which is the ace in the hole because everybody wants to help a dainty damsel in distress who can't seem to help herself, except of course evil sexist pigs such as blockhead and myself.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:03 pm

Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
you're not a very understanding person are you? You're very quick to take offense. Maybe thats part of your problem? maybe its not the world but you? just a suggestion. said with zero emotion attached but ive no doubt you'll add a condescending tone to what im saying.

Can't the "world" ever be wrong in what it believes? You're making a fallacy of appeal to popularity. Just because the majority says and believe x is true does not make it true.

What is this "world" we're talking about? It seems like you're lumping the whole populace of the world into your beliefs and your cultural beliefs and I believe this is a hasty generalization.

blockhead90, why don't you learn to attack and question people's arguments instead of making an ad hominem attack?

Maybe because when he does that, the poor persecuted woman on WP card is played, which is the ace in the hole because everybody wants to help a dainty damsel in distress who can't seem to help herself, except of course evil sexist pigs such as blockhead and myself.

please cite examples of where this has happened (as in link some posts and threads where this has occurred).

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:08 pm

Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

Do you, he, Billiscool and some of the others have any respect whatsoever? All you're doing is making insults, you're devaluing how these women feel, you make ad hominem attacks, and you're treating them exactly the way NT American society treats us. They see a some of the guys on here as treating them as commodities instead of people having intrinsic worth. This is exactly what American society does and you're behaving exactly like them. You want acceptance and others to validate your feelings then you need to do the same.

By my observations, the women here are right. Some of the members have been misogynistic like BillisCool. He devalues both his gfs and manipulates and I don't like it. This is the exact problem with American society and this BS needs to stop in American society including the some of the guys on wrongplanet.

If I'm the only guy to fight for what is right for the women here then so be it. I hope other guys agree with me but if not I'll go at it alone.

None of you are going to disrespect the women on here and treat them like dogs. Now I'm f*****g pissed and enraged. :evil: You guys are perpetuating a great wrong and it needs to f*****g STOP NOW!! !! !! !! !! !! !

Do you guys not have any f*****g CLASS OR RESPECT? WTF? They're poured out their emotions to you and told you exactly how they felt. WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

We have a bunch of guys doing the exact same thing NT society does to us. This is hypocrisy at its finest.

I need to step away for a bit. I'm pissed off now.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 22 May 2014, 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SmarterThanYouThink
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2014, 8:09 pm

Wow, this is getting off to a great start. (sarcasm)

I'm not sure what exactly to do about the problem either, but a good way to start might be to move primary discussion to where it can't be constantly derailed by people like Mindslave and blockhead90.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:12 pm

SmarterThanYouThink wrote:

I'm not sure what exactly to do about the problem either, but a good way to start might be to move primary discussion to where it can't be constantly derailed by these guys.

in a way they are helping by keeping the thread on top of the list and drawing attention to it. if only we could get a sticky on this to keep it up top in women's discussion.....

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:18 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:

Do you, he, Billiscool and some of the others have any respect whatsoever? All you're doing is making insults, you're devaluing how these women feel, you make ad hominem attacks, and you're treating them exactly the way NT American society treats us. They see a some of the guys on here as treating them as commodities instead of people having intrinsic worth. This is exactly what American society does and you're behaving exactly like them. You want acceptance and others to validate your feelings then you need to do the same.

By my observations, the women here are right. Some of the members have been misogynistic like BillisCool. He devalues both his gfs and manipulates and I don't like it. This is the exact problem with American society and this BS needs to stop in American society including the some of the guys on wrongplanet.

If I'm the only guy to fight for what is right for the women here then so be it. I hope other guys agree with me but if not I'll go at it alone.

Hey,alot of women who complain about sexist men on wp
are well liked by men irl.

My lady friend(GF#1)got mad at me first,it's verbal self defense.
and women like me IRL.Im against feminist,white knight,far leftist.

SmarterThanYouThink
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2014, 8:25 pm

starvingartist wrote:

I'm not sure what exactly to do about the problem either, but a good way to start might be to move primary discussion to where it can't be constantly derailed by these guys.

in a way they are helping by keeping the thread on top of the list and drawing attention to it. if only we could get a sticky on this to keep it up top in women's discussion.....

True, but they're derailing and causing us to spend all our time defending ourselves, instead of actually discussing what we should do about the problem. Perhaps a good idea would be to keep this thread going to bring attention to the issue, but take more in depth discussion somewhere else?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:26 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

And all you've done is whine, whine, whine and engage in self-righteous verbal martyrdom. Why do you keep bringing up American society? This is just a website. Billiscool has been misogynistic, sure. Or frustrated, lonely, whatever the official dictionary word is. That's your thing, right? Proper, EXACT uses of words like misogynist and feminist? Whine. Most people don't like whining, especially not the kind where an entire class of people are being attacked. Nobody agrees with Billiscool for that reason, but when some people have a problem with what starvingartist has to say, its sexist. Which is what he is whining about, but yet, nobody cares, because he's a whiner, and respectable people take responsibility and don't whine most of the time about being victims of a gender double standard.

Look, things shouldn't be sexist on here. Nobody is going to dispute that, and nobody has. If you think someone has, it says a lot about you and your paranoia. What is being disputed is whether or not it can be changed. Because all the whining and activism in the society, I mean on this website, isn't going to change things. And what I and and a few other people are chiefly disputing are the merits of making sexism bannable. It is not the same thing as racism. There's no subforum that says "Race Relations". And by the way, plenty of women on here say things without getting flamed. It's just that nobody notices.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:30 pm

Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

And all you've done is whine, whine, whine and engage in self-righteous verbal martyrdom. Why do you keep bringing up American society? This is just a website. Billiscool has been misogynistic, sure. Or frustrated, lonely, whatever the official dictionary word is. That's your thing, right? Proper, EXACT uses of words like misogynist and feminist? Whine. Most people don't like whining, especially not the kind where an entire class of people are being attacked. Nobody agrees with Billiscool for that reason, but when some people have a problem with what starvingartist has to say, its sexist. Which is what he is whining about, but yet, nobody cares, because he's a whiner, and respectable people take responsibility and don't whine most of the time about being victims of a gender double standard.

Look, things shouldn't be sexist on here. Nobody is going to dispute that, and nobody has. If you think someone has, it says a lot about you and your paranoia. What is being disputed is whether or not it can be changed. Because all the whining and activism in the society, I mean on this website, isn't going to change things. And what I and and a few other people are chiefly disputing are the merits of making sexism bannable. It is not the same thing as racism. There's no subforum that says "Race Relations". And by the way, plenty of women on here say things without getting flamed. It's just that nobody notices.

translation/short answer: "no, i can't cite any examples of the claims i'm making."

edit* to add: please explain how sexism and racism are not parallels, and what makes sexism more tolerable than racism.

Last edited by starvingartist on 22 May 2014, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:32 pm

starvingartist wrote:

True, but they're derailing and causing us to spend all our time defending ourselves, instead of actually discussing what we should do about the problem. Perhaps a good idea would be to keep this thread going to bring attention to the issue, but take more in depth discussion somewhere else?

i'm not sure what you mean--are you suggesting moving to PMs or emails, that sort of thing? because i did mention PMs in my OP, if that's easier/preferred for some.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 9:06 pm

Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:

Do people ever react to you by punching you in the face in real life? Or do you only act like this anonymously on the internet?