Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm

When I was younger I wanted bigger boobs because I thought they were sexier and looked better. Now I don't care if I have any boobs at all. I'm not interested in sex and I don't want other people coming on to me or sexually harassing me.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 4:01 am

delete

Last edited by aussiebloke on 17 Jun 2014, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 4:26 am

metaldanielle wrote:
Not too many guys would admit that. Kudos. 8)

nice to see you , when I saw the thread I thought I would see you here :wink:

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 7:43 am

HisMom wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
I don't get why women want larger breasts.

10 minutes ago on the toilette, I definitely was a woman, and I would not know, that I wanted larger breasts? Who told you, that all women, including me, would be interested into that? I know many, that dont want any larger breasts.

I never said that all women wanted larger breasts. I know that sentence was a bit generalising. What I meant to say is why would ANY woman want big breasts?

Like I said before, I have large breasts I don't get why people want them. I can't think of a single reason, other than aesthetics, why they would make you feel better about yourself.

Plenty of women lament over how flat their chest supposedly is and how "boyish" they look, but how is that a bad thing? Anyway, I've never met a boy with child bearing hips (unless they are a transgendered man).

Sorry if I was generalizing.

You may not have intended to generalize, but you are asking for people to justify their choices for THEMSELVES ! How does it matter to you or affect you ? Do you believe that it somehow takes away from your problems with large breasts if other people covet them ? If so, then it is helpful to remember that the grass on the other side is ALWAYS greener.

A small breasted woman could always respond to your post, asking, "Why do women with large breasts whine and complain about how much it "objectifies" them ? Do they even realize how hard it is to be flat chested ? A woman is supposed to look like a woman, not like a transgendered male."

See what I mean ? That is why I diplomatically said at the very beginning, "to each her own". Just worry about yourself. Don't worry about the choices that other people make for themselves, unless those choices somehow affect you. And, I just don't see how this (choice) could be one of those (that affect you) !

It's not about choices. I don't care if people choose to get a breast augmentation. I say good for them if that's what they think they need or if its just something they want. My issue is that I don't understand the psychology behind this pressure for girls to have bigger breasts in the first place. I'm not judging people - I don't even really want it to be "justified". I just don't get it. I don't understand what these girls are not seeing in themselves. Is it wrong for me to question that or should I just validate people's insecurities?

And I'm pretty sure I take issue with my breasts for other reasons other than sexual objectification, such as the fact that they are very uncomfortable to live with in general. Plus, you do realise that the female body isn't just tits, right?

As for people who don't want huge breasts, just slightly bigger boobs, fine, that's totally cool. Hell, its cool if you want massive breasts, but my question is that I don't understand what is actually wrong with your breasts in the first place?

Its selfish on my part. People tell me that I should feel lucky about having large breasts. I don't feel so lucky, though. I'm not nearly as athletic as I used to be because sports bras never seem to be supportive enough. That's a bit of a downer, not being able to do the stuff you used to like. Aside from stupid little issues with clothing and getting peoples unwanted attention, its just that largerbreasts are heavy, uncomfortable, cause neck and backpain, slow you down and basically they're really not fun. So, yes I really don't understand the appeal (especially because I know what its like to have smaller breasts and they never caused me any trouble).

I suppose I understand why some people are mad, though. As much as I have tried not to, I have trivialized the problem some women have with their body image. And as somebody who has struggled with their own body image (to the point of an eating disorder) that's pretty low for me, so I apologize. But if your insecurities are based on social pressures and not based on your own feelings about your own body, then is it right to justify, say, a breast augmentation or even a breast reduction surgery?

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2014, 10:58 am

Like you said, I don't see any reason why anyone would want big boobs except that because of society's pressure or for some weird personal preference of theirs.
I don't want to offend anyone who has big boobs here, but honestly IMO big boobs are just good for getting guys or lesbians :lol:
I have been told by women with big boobs that big boobs are just an annoyance; well, I don't really know, I have small boobs and am generally not feminine, since I am not an hourglass figure but am just... Flat and straight I guess?

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

I don't. Like tarantella, I had a breast reduction when I was in my mid-30s. Went from a DD to a B. The surgeon tried to talk me into no smaller tha C, but I insisted on B. He wasn't the one who had permanent grooves in his shoulders from bra straps, and neck/shoulder pain from toting all that excess weight around.

As far as being attractive to the gender of your choice? None of my lesbian friends seem to give a crap about bra size, and while I've yet to meet a man who doesn't gape at huge knockers*, practically-speaking, most of them seem to be of the "more than a handful's a waste" school. :P

*One of the reasons I went through with the reduction - I was sick of being gaped at and having assumptions made that my bra size was larger than my IQ. :lol:

ariellie
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2014, 2:51 pm

I do not desire to have bigger boobs at all. I got a breast reduction almost two years ago, and haven't looked back since. It was the best thing I ever did.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 4:22 pm

Does health insurance pay for breast reduction if you are doing it for pride? I am not sure how much it costs. I dreamed of having it done in my teens but I am glad my mom said no to it because I would have regretted it due to not being able to breast feed. But breast feeding has sure seem to shrunk them and I wore sport bra instead and now I am back to wearing regular bras again that are nursing bras.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 5:21 pm

MindBlind wrote:
HisMom wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
MindBlind wrote:

10 minutes ago on the toilette, I definitely was a woman, and I would not know, that I wanted larger breasts? Who told you, that all women, including me, would be interested into that? I know many, that dont want any larger breasts.

I never said that all women wanted larger breasts. I know that sentence was a bit generalising. What I meant to say is why would ANY woman want big breasts?

Like I said before, I have large breasts I don't get why people want them. I can't think of a single reason, other than aesthetics, why they would make you feel better about yourself.

Plenty of women lament over how flat their chest supposedly is and how "boyish" they look, but how is that a bad thing? Anyway, I've never met a boy with child bearing hips (unless they are a transgendered man).

You may not have intended to generalize, but you are asking for people to justify their choices for THEMSELVES ! How does it matter to you or affect you ? Do you believe that it somehow takes away from your problems with large breasts if other people covet them ? If so, then it is helpful to remember that the grass on the other side is ALWAYS greener.

A small breasted woman could always respond to your post, asking, "Why do women with large breasts whine and complain about how much it "objectifies" them ? Do they even realize how hard it is to be flat chested ? A woman is supposed to look like a woman, not like a transgendered male."

See what I mean ? That is why I diplomatically said at the very beginning, "to each her own". Just worry about yourself. Don't worry about the choices that other people make for themselves, unless those choices somehow affect you. And, I just don't see how this (choice) could be one of those (that affect you) !

It's not about choices. I don't care if people choose to get a breast augmentation. I say good for them if that's what they think they need or if its just something they want. My issue is that I don't understand the psychology behind this pressure for girls to have bigger breasts in the first place. I'm not judging people - I don't even really want it to be "justified". I just don't get it. I don't understand what these girls are not seeing in themselves. Is it wrong for me to question that or should I just validate people's insecurities?

And I'm pretty sure I take issue with my breasts for other reasons other than sexual objectification, such as the fact that they are very uncomfortable to live with in general. Plus, you do realise that the female body isn't just tits, right?

As for people who don't want huge breasts, just slightly bigger boobs, fine, that's totally cool. Hell, its cool if you want massive breasts, but my question is that I don't understand what is actually wrong with your breasts in the first place?

Its selfish on my part. People tell me that I should feel lucky about having large breasts. I don't feel so lucky, though. I'm not nearly as athletic as I used to be because sports bras never seem to be supportive enough. That's a bit of a downer, not being able to do the stuff you used to like. Aside from stupid little issues with clothing and getting peoples unwanted attention, its just that largerbreasts are heavy, uncomfortable, cause neck and backpain, slow you down and basically they're really not fun. So, yes I really don't understand the appeal (especially because I know what its like to have smaller breasts and they never caused me any trouble).

I suppose I understand why some people are mad, though. As much as I have tried not to, I have trivialized the problem some women have with their body image. And as somebody who has struggled with their own body image (to the point of an eating disorder) that's pretty low for me, so I apologize. But if your insecurities are based on social pressures and not based on your own feelings about your own body, then is it right to justify, say, a breast augmentation or even a breast reduction surgery?

Well if by social pressures you mean "bigger boobs are desirable" then I don't think it's justified. If by social pressures you mean "women are supposed to have boobs" than I say it is justified.

ariellie
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Does health insurance pay for breast reduction if you are doing it for pride? I am not sure how much it costs. I dreamed of having it done in my teens but I am glad my mom said no to it because I would have regretted it due to not being able to breast feed. But breast feeding has sure seem to shrunk them and I wore sport bra instead and now I am back to wearing regular bras again that are nursing bras.

If you want to get it covered by insurance, it generally has to be done for medical reasons, rather than cosmetic. I am not sure how all insurances work, but this is how it was with mine...based on your body (they did some calculations based on height and weight), they have to remove a certain amount of tissue for it to be covered by insurance. My best advice would be to gather up as much of a medical case as possible if you want it done. If you have any questions about it at all, feel free to send me a private message and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm

MindBlind wrote:
HisMom wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
MindBlind wrote:

Woah, woah, woah....

First of all, I don't know who you are referring to when you refer to these unnamed women with body image issues ? I don't think any of the responses came across as defensive or annoyed, except mine ? And I was a tad annoyed because I found your OP judgmental, not because I have any major body image issues. I *do* need to lose weight, but the size of my breasts ?? - ah, well, not a biggie to me (at least at the moment).

AND, I honestly have no opinion, either way. Augment if you want, reduce if you don't. My point was that others' decisions for themselves should not bother you, as long as those decisions don't affect you in any way. Why do you care why some women would want to augment ? So what if it is based on faulty body image ? Does it affect you either way ?

Yes, it's sad that they feel that they have to have large breasts to make themselves feel better, but again, that is their warped thinking. How does it affect you ? I can understand you feeling sorry for them for their poor self esteem but what I did not understand was your OP which - IMHO - came across as quite judgmental of other women's choices for themselves and how they should not be doing X or Y because that is what YOU think. You may never have intended to come across that way, I will concede, but that was how I read your post.

Hence my response to you.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm

HisMom wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
HisMom wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
MindBlind wrote:

Woah, woah, woah....

First of all, I don't know who you are referring to when you refer to these unnamed women with body image issues ? I don't think any of the responses came across as defensive or annoyed, except mine ? And I was a tad annoyed because I found your OP judgmental, not because I have any major body image issues. I *do* need to lose weight, but the size of my breasts ?? - ah, well, not a biggie to me (at least at the moment).

AND, I honestly have no opinion, either way. Augment if you want, reduce if you don't. My point was that others' decisions for themselves should not bother you, as long as those decisions don't affect you in any way. Why do you care why some women would want to augment ? So what if it is based on faulty body image ? Does it affect you either way ?

Yes, it's sad that they feel that they have to have large breasts to make themselves feel better, but again, that is their warped thinking. How does it affect you ? I can understand you feeling sorry for them for their poor self esteem but what I did not understand was your OP which - IMHO - came across as quite judgmental of other women's choices for themselves and how they should not be doing X or Y because that is what YOU think. You may never have intended to come across that way, I will concede, but that was how I read your post.

Hence my response to you.

I read it the same way. The OP was filled with assumptions and also very judgemental but maybe we could take it as curiosity (even if it wasn't intended that way). I feel like there would be a point to a thread asking women who got breast augmentation what led them to the decision and whether or not they are happy with it afterwards. It might even spark conversation between several different people who got it or between those that got the surgery and those that want or are thinking about it. What if a thread created from a place of judgement could be transformed into one that is actually constructive?

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 9:11 am

Society pressure for sure. Many users answered that already but that's the answer. To look beautiful, feminine, attractive etc you can't have small boobs, and this is everywhere from bras to girls that appear on tv.
I wanted to have bigger boobs. Not big, just bigger. I rarely see a teenager girls that doesn't want it. Fortunately most of us grow up as adults happy with own body and aware of cultural oppression on women.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 1:33 pm

I don't know how anybody could have gotten the idea that my post was judgemental. I've already taken responsibility for my generalized language and perhaps assuming a few things about others, but please don't make assumptions about my intentions or attitude. I don't care how you read it - your interpretation is wrong.

But if you want to know how this all affects me, fine - I will explain. Besides the fact that I'm curious, people with large breasts are often chastised for complaining about their size. In my experience, people say I should feel lucky. So maybe I just want to understand what makes big boobs so great and what makes smaller ones so bad? I'm not asking so I can feel better about myself - I just want to get it so that maybe I can get some closure on this issue. i honestly don't care if you hate your breasts, at the end of the day - its your body. And if you don't want to explain it - if you think you shouldn't have to - guess what? You don't have to respond. You can ignore the message. Or you can leave a message telling me to go f**k myself. That's fine with me. But others are clearly willing to answer the question, whether you think I should know the answer or not.

Now some of the responses have helped be to understand it better and I thank you for your honesty. And I also think that I should leave this topic for the time being.

Once more, thank you.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 4:46 pm

^^^

We have a sensitive lot in these parts.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 4:49 pm

Oh my gosh.

There certainly are quite a few arguments in the Women's Discussion subforum. :?