Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 1:36 pm

Has anyone ever used the device below? If so, I'd really like to hear your experiences. daysy only just recently became available in the United States, but I understand that it's been available for longer in Europe.

https://www.usa.daysy.me/en-us/effectiv ... ovulation/
http://organicolivia.com/2014/11/20/why ... rol-pills/
http://www.medgadget.com/2014/10/daysy- ... ncies.html

I'm looking for new contraceptive methods again and have never considered fertility-awareness based methods because of the high failure rate, due to human error in making the calculations and the natural variations women can have in their cycles. Supposedly, this system greatly lowers the chances for human error.

Basically, I am running low on good options. Even low doses of estrogen give me daily migraines and cause flares of autoimmune health issues that I ordinarily manage fairly well while not on hormones, so the combined pill is out and I was strongly advised by my GYN not to take it anymore. The various types/doses of progestins I have tried over the years all gave me severe depression and mood swings, so I don't think progestin-only forms of contraception would work well. And, to top it all off, I have a genetic issue that causes me not to process copper normally, so I am at a higher risk of copper toxicity and not a candidate for the copper IUD.

My partner and I are monogamous and have tested clean for STD's, plus we're good at remembering to do stuff to the point of being almost OCD about it, when it's important. But, while neither of us are ready for permanent birth control, we REALLY do not want children, at least at this time. So, I think it would just be too hard to trust something like this, even if they say it has a Pearl Index of 0.7. Not sure we could get past the fact that, at the end of the day, it's a fancy thermometer hooked up to a smart phone.

But, I am keeping an open mind about my remaining options and have another doctor's appointment in a few weeks to discuss them, so I am curious to hear what others have to say about this and similar devices. Thanks!

pj4990
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2014, 2:23 pm

The links don't work.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:30 pm

Actually, only the first one doesn't work. It's just a link to information on the manufacturer's site, though, which can be found if you Google 'daysy.'

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:09 pm

It's just a fertility thermometer linked to an app. Sure it makes it a little easier, but I'm sure you can buy a thermometer and app separately and save yourself a lot of money. (Thought the algorithms maybe different) The concept has too much human error involved for me to trust it. I don't even use the pill cuz I can't trust myself to take it everyday. For your circumstances, however, it may be the best option.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:15 pm

Joan: "Why is the rhythm method a bad idea for Aspies?"

Sam: "I dunno ... Why?"

Joan: "Because all Aspies act a little off-beat!"

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.