Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm

I want to buy wig for myself preferably straight long hair.
I had a look at wig.com
It would be online shopping since in india i am not finding any decent site offering wigs
any suggestion, is it difficult to maintain
which wig is better real hair or synthetic

MLR
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Real hair is better. It's expensive and hard to take care of. But it's better than synthetic hair, since synthetic hair is not really brush-able.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

I have several friends who wear wigs. One friend in particular wears a lot of them. We had talked about wigs before because my hair is very thin and I'd love thicker hair, or certain hairstyles that would be hard to sleep in, or just to change my look. She told me to get a "lace front" wig. She said get one from human hair. Ironically enough, the hair that they are made from comes from India, so you have a better chance of finding something that would look natural on you.

If you are going to buy online from the US, I can find out some companies from her. She did tell me that if I do buy a wig, which are sold here in beauty supply stores as well, to go to a black beauty supply place because they will have a much bigger selection than a white beauty supply place. Where I live, black girls wear wigs much more often than white girls, and because of different types of hair products needed, the stores and beauty salons usually specialize in black or white hair.

Also, if you do find a wig you like from a US company, please PM me before you buy it. I might be able to get it cheaper for you from my friends daughter who actually owns a black beauty supply store. Lace fronts are very expensive, very good, and last a long time, and Coco has them in her store and also can order anything you want and since me and her Mama are good friends, she will give it to me at cost. I wouldn't mind at all getting it for you from here and mailing it. I wouldn't charge you anything but postage and I doubt that would be much at all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 3:59 pm

namaste wrote:
It would be online shopping since in india i am not finding any decent site offering wigs

I find this terribly ironic. Where I live in the U.S., Indian hair is a big deal and considered to be of high quality.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 2:55 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I have several friends who wear wigs. One friend in particular wears a lot of them. We had talked about wigs before because my hair is very thin and I'd love thicker hair, or certain hairstyles that would be hard to sleep in, or just to change my look. She told me to get a "lace front" wig. She said get one from human hair. Ironically enough, the hair that they are made from comes from India, so you have a better chance of finding something that would look natural on you.

If you are going to buy online from the US, I can find out some companies from her. She did tell me that if I do buy a wig, which are sold here in beauty supply stores as well, to go to a black beauty supply place because they will have a much bigger selection than a white beauty supply place. Where I live, black girls wear wigs much more often than white girls, and because of different types of hair products needed, the stores and beauty salons usually specialize in black or white hair.

Also, if you do find a wig you like from a US company, please PM me before you buy it. I might be able to get it cheaper for you from my friends daughter who actually owns a black beauty supply store. Lace fronts are very expensive, very good, and last a long time, and Coco has them in her store and also can order anything you want and since me and her Mama are good friends, she will give it to me at cost. I wouldn't mind at all getting it for you from here and mailing it. I wouldn't charge you anything but postage and I doubt that would be much at all.

ya resarching online i noticed most of the hair are made from indian and chinese hair
irony i would be checking out other country website for hair which actually goes from here....
but currently sandy hurrciane as disturbed all the shipping and it would long before things return to normal till then i have time to think over from where to buy the wig
if you can get me a deal i would be obliged in exchange i could send you any indian thing you need a saree, bangles or artifacts etc.
let me know since i would be visting the Taj Mahal soon and might come across exciting stuff

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 5:14 am

starkid wrote:
namaste wrote:

I find this terribly ironic. Where I live in the U.S., Indian hair is a big deal and considered to be of high quality.

I know right. The hair in high priced extensions and wigs these days comes from India. I saw some doco on it once; apparently the Indian women cut off their hair in some sort of ceremony and the hair gets supplied to these wig/hair extension makers. Then it gets bleached and dyed whatever required colour.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 5:27 am

namaste wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

ya resarching online i noticed most of the hair are made from indian and chinese hair
irony i would be checking out other country website for hair which actually goes from here....
but currently sandy hurrciane as disturbed all the shipping and it would long before things return to normal till then i have time to think over from where to buy the wig
if you can get me a deal i would be obliged in exchange i could send you any indian thing you need a saree, bangles or artifacts etc.
let me know since i would be visting the Taj Mahal soon and might come across exciting stuff

That would be great! I love exchanging packages with people from other places. It's like a little piece of another culture that you can keep. I don't have anything specific in mind. Anything you think I would like would be good, because I'd like anything. I've always thought Indian women were so beautiful!

When I was in grammar school, India was my special interest for a couple of years. There weren't any books in our school library that had anything to do with India, except "A Little Princess" and it only had a few references to it, because the main character lived there before. I was forced to get my "fix" by looking through Social Studies books and National Geographics. I remember I used to get bed sheets and try to wrap it around me like a sari, but it just ended up looking like a badly fitting toga. I used to beg my mother and grandmother for any costume jewelry at the drugstore that looked like it was Indian, and sometimes I'd get it. So basically, anything you think I'd like would be great!

If you can find something you like, I can show it to Coco and we can go from there. Also, I'll just be the middle man in this transaction and it's no trouble for me at all, so if you send me something from there, would you like something from Alabama that's sort of Deep South specific? I'm actually putting together a package for someone else on WP like that right now. I'll send it to him next month, and I'm excited about that too.

You should check into Tyra Banks site. She wears a ton of wigs, always. She may endorse certain kinds.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 2:03 am

I wanna wig now.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 3:25 am

i would most preferably buying this haircut in black colour
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=3898

i love this one
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cP ... ts_id=4074

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 5:29 am

btbnnyr wrote:
I wanna wig now.

After looking at the online stores I wanna get one too. I'm half tempted to shave my head so I can buy one, ha!

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 6:18 am

blue_bean wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
I wanna wig now.

After looking at the online stores I wanna get one too. I'm half tempted to shave my head so I can buy one, ha!

which one did you like
did you find the rates lucrative

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 6:55 am

namaste wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
I wanna wig now.

which one did you like

They seem decent priced on that site. All of the wigs I've seen on that site so far have been made of synthetic stuff though, and I don't think you can style them (with electric heat styling tools such as curling tongs and straighteners that is). The human hair ones I saw on another site were over $1000 8O

Anyway, I like these:
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=3862
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=4366
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=4232
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1351

Lonely_Island6
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2012, 7:32 am

buy from china... aliexpress.com

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 1:25 pm

Lonely_Island6 wrote:
buy from china... aliexpress.com

lovely site
thanks
do they ship properly.
china-india enemity dont know whether it will face probs in custom clearance
i loved the dresses on this site

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

blue_bean wrote:
namaste wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
I wanna wig now.

which one did you like

They seem decent priced on that site. All of the wigs I've seen on that site so far have been made of synthetic stuff though, and I don't think you can style them (with electric heat styling tools such as curling tongs and straighteners that is). The human hair ones I saw on another site were over $1000 8O

Anyway, I like these:
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=3862
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=4366
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=4232
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1351

why you wanna style it
just buy different styles

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2012, 2:24 pm

MLR wrote:
Real hair is better. It's expensive and hard to take care of. But it's better than synthetic hair, since synthetic hair is not really brush-able.

You can brush synthetic hair. :roll: