Page 3 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2007, 11:56 am

StitchwitchD wrote:
I find women more attractive physically, but I connect emotionally more easily with men.

this is exactly how i feel
i might be able to explain my sexuality a bit clearer now
x

gayb77
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2007, 8:23 pm

I'm a lesbian, me and my partner have been together for a year and are having a "joining" ceremony in august of 08 we share my son who is two and are trying for a baby which my partner will carry. Woah, ok a little over sharing there. Oh and we are both aspie! She has an official diagnosis, but the person I am supposed to see is out of the country right now, so i have to wait.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2007, 8:49 pm

gayb77 wrote:
I'm a lesbian, me and my partner have been together for a year and are having a "joining" ceremony in august of 08 we share my son who is two and are trying for a baby which my partner will carry. Woah, ok a little over sharing there. Oh and we are both aspie! She has an official diagnosis, but the person I am supposed to see is out of the country right now, so i have to wait.

You're my hero! =D

-SpaceCase

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2007, 5:29 am

My respect for gayb77 is very high right now.

SarahR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2007, 3:16 pm

Laura wrote:

Me too!

And as for me: Lesbian. I tried dating men. It was just another failed attempt at trying to be "normal." :lol:

My partner and I are planning our "commitment ceremony/wedding/thing" for 2010.

And if it weren't for my partner noticing that during my panic attacks I resembled Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, I wouldn't be on this forum right now. Go her.

About Me: Pronoun. The objective case of I. A two letter word composed of the 13th and 5th letters of the alphabet.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 3:24 pm

I like girls who like history
Is there a name for that :D

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 6:56 pm

SarahR wrote:
Laura wrote:

Me too!

And as for me: Lesbian. I tried dating men. It was just another failed attempt at trying to be "normal." :lol:

And if it weren't for my partner noticing that during my panic attacks I resembled Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, I wouldn't be on this forum right now. Go her.

Good for her Sarah! I wish you both the best.

BigTimeSynesthete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2007, 7:11 pm

RedMage wrote:
I thought I was bisexual, but then I realised fictional people don't count.

I mean, I was attracted to fictional males and females, not real ones.

Same here!! I used to be in love with the numbers I pictured in my head. Odd numbers were boys, and even numbers were girls. I liked more even numbers than odd numbers. Also, when I was younger, i liked girls, because I couldn't stand any of the boys in my classes. This changed once I had my first big crush on a boy (i bothered him so much, I got into trouble). But I heard that nearly all young females are lesbians, until they start to like boys.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 11:45 pm

SarahR wrote:
Laura wrote:

Me too!

Good luck with that! How old are you?

-SpaceCase

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2007, 6:51 pm

I'm a lesbian. Very occasionally I find men attractive but I could never hold up a relationship with one, so I don't feel that's enough (in my case) to identify as bisexual. Unfortunately I did go through a failed relationship with a man and had to learn the hard way :( But I feel much better now that I know myself :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 4:58 pm

I'm bisexual with a preference for women. I find some men attractive and wouldn't mind having a relationship with one, but I feel more attracted to women in general. I find myself fantasizing about women more than men as well... I like to check out girls from my favorite anime and videogame franchises.

From age 13 to the present, I've been obsessed with my former best friend. If the feelings had been mutual, I would've gladly spent the rest of my life with her. I am still so in love with her, even though she moved on a long time ago.

oboejive

30 May 2007, 11:26 am

I'm bisexual :o)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 11:30 am

All women are lesbian/bisexual. :P

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:29 pm

I think coming out or identifying as bisexual is more of an Aspie/autistic thing. I know a lot of lesbians that refuse to identify as bisexual, though they privately will admit that's how they are. I know so-called straight women that are bisexual that refuse to acknowledge it. One reason I didn't really stick with women is that lesbians seemed hyper-NT. I didn't know about autism or Asperger's so, of course I didn't have this term back then. It just seemed that lesbians and gay men had this "code" that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. It didn't matter if I felt the same way, I didn't speak their language. And the community overall seemed very exclusive and rigid. I get along better with men and find them attractive enough, so that's what I've settled with. :)
After watching my son and his special needs friends, I've further reinforced my idea that sexual orientation (picking one or the other) these days is determined almost entirely through social conditioning. I'm one of those who believe most of us are bisexual by nature.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:31 pm

I think the terms 'gay,' 'straight' and 'bisexual' are useless anyway.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 3:24 pm

ZanneMarie wrote:
Aaron, if you are a guy you can only be bi and like both men and women, straight or homosexual. Take your pick. You are physically unequipped to be a lesbian despite what you think you want.

I say that because I have somewhat more feminine thoughts, and I'm not interested in the same things as most guys, but I'm still attracted to women.