Page 13 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 9:58 pm

I'm technically bisexual, but I think most men are gross.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 8:16 am

Manders wrote:
MotownDangerPants wrote:
Bisexual. I'ts not something I talk about much because it's a just label and I;m not so crazy about how trendy it's become but if anyone asked me I'd tell them. It's not something I hide.

I'm the same way. I wouldn't have to announce if I was straight, so I don't go announcing my sexual preferences. I suppose that's why everyone's so shocked that I've got something going on with a woman. :P

Exactly. Sorry to reply two months later LOL. I got distracted.

Yes. it's who I am but the idea that someone's sexual preferences should become such a huge part or nearly ALL of their identity is a little bit strange to me. I just see a lot of lesbian and bisexual women who seems like that is all the define themselves by. Also, I feel like being gay or bisexual s SUCH a natural occurance that it shouldn't really have to be mentioned constantly or be something that needs to be explained to other people. I am so baffled by the trials and tribulations gay people have to go through just to be themselves and to do something that is completely NATURAL.

I do understand though, why some lesbians and gay people define themselves by their sexuality. They have no choice in the matter, they are in the minority and they cannot live a straight lifestyle some of the time like a bisexual person can and they are always viewed as different by society, so I understand their need to assert themselves upfront and let people know that they are proud of who they are. It can be a little exhausting at times, but it isn't their fault, they have to do those things because society is telling them that they are defective.

Bisexual people don't have it AS rough, IMO. Flame away but I've never had to face most of the social issues that a gay person faces. I've had relationships with mostly men, and when you are living a straight lifestyle you have the advantage of being perceived as a a straight person by society, because of that being bisexual isn't something I feel like I need to announce all the time and it's not a huge part of my identity. I am not ashamed though, I would tell someone if I were asked, and many people do know. I even talk about it it casual conversation if it comes up.

If I were in a relationship with a woman I would feel more compelled to defend my identity but otherwise it isn't much of an issue for me.

littlemermaid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2010, 3:21 pm

I like men and women, so I guess that makes me Bisexual, but having had so many bad experiences with men, I prefer women to be honest appearence and personality wise.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2010, 3:50 pm

I'm a lesbian I've been in a relationship with a woman for 4 years. She is 7 years older than me and really nurturing and motherly. Sometimes I wonder if I am taking advantage of her because I need her help to navigate the social world. I do love her. But I know its tough for her, she tells me all the time. I didn't get diagnosed until recently, which I think changed our relationship for the better.

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2010, 10:11 am

I don't know that I have a label for it. Pansexual? Anything goes? It doesn't make a difference to me what's in their pants, as long as I find them attractive and we're compatible. I'm dating a man now, and I've dated women before. I think if I were to ever "settle down" it might be with a man, but that's just how I feel today.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:26 pm

ahayes wrote:
I'm a lesbian in a man's body.

Heheh :P

I'm a bisexual man in a woman's body, then :)

Misinterpretation
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2010, 1:08 pm

Wait whut. O.o ^

I'm bisexual, no gender preference. But..taken by my loverly boyfriend. <3

supernova
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2010, 5:52 pm

QuelOround wrote:
I'm a lesbian I've been in a relationship with a woman for 4 years. She is 7 years older than me and really nurturing and motherly. Sometimes I wonder if I am taking advantage of her because I need her help to navigate the social world. I do love her. But I know its tough for her, she tells me all the time. I didn't get diagnosed until recently, which I think changed our relationship for the better.

Does she tell you which aspects are most difficult for you? My gf's tone of voice and not letting me finish sentences are the hardest. She seems angry when she's not. She says that I often have a snappy tone of voice; I can't judge my own tone of voice but I try hard. Both of us ramble and talk too much; sometimes that causes conflicts. I wish I knew what to do to prevent this other than just shut up and never say anything.

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2010, 7:45 am

nekowafer wrote:
I don't know that I have a label for it. Pansexual? Anything goes? It doesn't make a difference to me what's in their pants, as long as I find them attractive and we're compatible. I'm dating a man now, and I've dated women before. I think if I were to ever "settle down" it might be with a man, but that's just how I feel today.

That's kind of how I feel. I'm sexually attracted to women, but I just can't picture myself dating one, as I'm more emotionally and mentally compatible with males. But I wouldn't rule out dating women.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2010, 11:42 pm

I'm a lesbian. ^_^

radicalrachel85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2010, 10:40 pm

Lesbian.

Well, I'm technically bisexual, since I'm sexually attracted to both men and women, but I only develop emotional attraction (intimate love) toward other women. That emotional bond is far more important to me than sex (Not to say I don't like sex. lol.), and I just can't see myself in a lasting relationship with a man, so I usually just identify as gay or lesbian. I think it better describes my overall preferences.

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2010, 12:22 pm

I'm a bi teen.
(Taken... :lol: )