Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm

I collect sock monkeys!! !

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2015, 8:50 am

A few years ago I collected rocks and I had a lot of stickers. Now I gather tickets of all kind like for exhobitions, the cinema or conventions.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 8:55 am

Strangely enough I somehow collect umbrellas. Also whenever playing any of my usual games I tend to "collect" countries :wink:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

Collecting DVD and Blu-Rays of anime I enjoy is something I recently started doing. I only have two complete series right now though.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 4:50 pm

I had a sticker collection covering two of the four walls of my childhood bedroom.

then we moved :(

kendrameow
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2015, 9:57 pm

I've always collected things. When I was little I collected beanie babies and beanie baby cards (before they stopped making them), marbles that I dug up in my back yard, bratz dolls and barbies, and lots of hello kitty stuff. Oh and littlest pet shop toys. Now I have a record collection, lots and lots of books, film cameras, horror movies and Ghibli movies, stickers, and still lots of hello kitty stuff. I have a problem >-<

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm

Yes. Dolls, books, and hair sticks.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 2:21 pm

I collect antique/vintage china with roses or similar flowers on it, especially cups and mugs with ornate handles, creamers or small pitchers, and plates.

I also collect vintage reproduction tin signs, usually with flowers, cats, angels, fairies, valentines, or Parisian scenes on them. Some are old advertisements for seed companies or feed. I also like tin boxes that are similar.

I have a collection of porcelain figurines of cats, angels, etc. but I rarely add anything to it. It's mostly things I got as presents growing up.

I also collect vintage or vintage-inspired linens, mainly chenille bedspreads, quilts, and handkerchiefs. I am running out of space to store linens so really have to stop, or get rid of some.

I guess I could also say that I collect armoires. I don't have much closet space in my house so really need them for storage. I don't think I've ever met an armoire I didn't like. lol

I have quite a few things from the shabby chic line at Target, but I missed getting the large armoire they had several years back that had glass doors on it. I still kick myself for not getting one.

I suppose I also collect wall hooks because I have them all over the place. Also really like old crates, baskets, metal buckets, wire baskets, or ornate metal shelves.

Oh yeah and milk glass...vases especially, since they are common to find in thrift stores. Also quite a few milk glass lamps.

And glass bottles, especially colored ones. I put them in my windows, or else use them in the garden for flower bed borders.

Menyzaiu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2015, 4:43 am

TaeKookieLuv wrote:
I love collecting My Little Pony toys and merch. Do you have any collections? Tell me about them. :D

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

I've had a desire to collect things ever since I was small, but I do not have the money to get into something like that.
I did however, like to collect locust shells. My family thought it was a gross hobby though and would throw them away.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2015, 3:20 pm

I' trying NOT to collect mugs, because we can't fit any more of them in our cupboard ...

I've collected Thomas the Tank engine on behalf of my oldest son. By this I mean that he used to love the show and watch the episodes over and over, and I thought it would be a great idea to go online and buy all the Brio wooden railway engines ... Thomas, James, Henry, Hiro, Luke, Stephen, you name it. Haha. I fear having two little boys will enable me to collect a lot of things and then blame my kids!

I also have a huge book collection.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 7:11 pm

seaweed wrote:
I had a sticker collection covering two of the four walls of my childhood bedroom.

then we moved :(

the mental image that evokes in me is impressive.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2015, 9:53 am

I have a decent sized dragon collection if you count posters, ceramic knickknacks and stuffed ones. I also collect anime plushies as of recently.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2015, 11:38 am

Science fiction and science literature. Once I started a collection of oxymorons. I tried to get other people interested in this, but sadly, there were no takers. Also, rocks, shells, and random bits of plants.