Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

Is any aspie female here that is fond of heels (not even high heels?)

I went to a nice dinner last week and I wore 2 inch heels and my feet hurt like a b***h, I was stumbling around in them too. They were also very annoying because they shorten my stride and they werent even high.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:07 pm

I'm sure there are some, but I hate them with a passion. I'll wear work boots (as in, nice boots for office work) with a slight, chunky heel on, but even then I prefer not to.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm

flats are better for your feet (no bunions), ankles (no sprains), and back. high heels just aren't healthy. if you must wear them to be sexy, do it in the bedroom.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm

I used to wear them all the time as a teen. I eventually decided the pain in my feet wasn't worth it. I have a couple pairs of dress shoes w/ heels but I don't wear them often. For some reason, dress shoes never fit my feet properly and flat ones are worse than heeled ones. I usually wear tennis shoes, boots or flip-flops.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 2:35 am

I'll wear an inch heel, but only if I know I'm not going to be standing or walking. Too painful.

And winner of the "you're on your own, girl" category:

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:31 am

I can walk with heels as long as they are not higher then 1-1,5 inch (So no high heels.), as well that they must be broader heels, so no pencil-broad-heels/stilettos. As well that they need to fit rather well on my feet, as example with some band around the ankles (or full boots ...), so that your foot is not loose in them.

But beside rather few occasiones, I dont really wear them. Around here its custom to remove your shoes when entering someones flat/house, so for visiting friends its stupid, for cinema its as well stupid, bowling anyway... So beside stuff like "father in laws 60ies birthday in an restaurant", there is no real use in wearing these. (And I am not really sad about it. ^^), and I only have two pairs of them.

When visiting concerts, I like to wear my heeled booths, so I am rather small compared to the average man size, so 1-2 inches more, can help pretty much.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 6:12 am

when I was in my twenties I wore them, up to 3", mostly to the office and out to special events.

I only have one pair now and I got those because I was in a play. Now I just wear sneakers.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 6:21 am

I don´t wear heels and avoid them after finding out in different shops when I wore them, I just can´t walk with them. So I prefer boots and sneakers. I ave no pain with them and it´s healthier.

zombieciz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2014, 6:33 am

I own more heels than any girl I know but its actually very rare I wear them its just easier to throw on my flats.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 7:01 am

I like flat shoes. It's easier to make a quick getaway in them. I can walk in heels and I do own some nice ones but I never wear them.

I like my shoes to make a clip clop sound when I'm walking. It reminds me of horses hooves.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 7:56 am

I hate high heels and only wear comfortable shoes and boots with flat heels, or trainers/running shoes for maximum comfort. I did wear dressy shoes when I was a teen and young adult, but I decided the pain and discomfort wasn't worth it and gravitated toward comfort far outweighing looks.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2014, 2:32 pm

I hate heels. Once my mother made me wear them to see how I walked with them and I looked ridiculous and almost fell a few times.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

I like the look of heels, but I hate wearing them. It really irritates me that to be smart a woman has to wear uncomfortable shoes. Even flat ballet pumps are uncomfortable for me, they rub my big toes and I get blisters. I only wear court shoes on special occasions. I wear brogues to work with trousers.

Heels are bad for the back and feet as well. All the pressure from standing up goes on the big toe and that isn't sensible.

But I like the look of them. What's wrong with me?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm

When I was younger the one thing I wanted when I got older is High heels sadly I find it hard to walk in them so I can't wear them. :cry:

Falconesque
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

I do have some heels but rarely wear them. I have two pairs I have never worn. But they are pretty and I like the shape. I have some shorter heels. If I wear them for whatever reasons, I will carry a small pair of flats. I can only tolerate them for a few hours and they come off. I walk around barefoot? too bad. I really hate the sound of heels though. I get a shoemaker to quieten my shoes so I don't go clomp, clomp whether heels or not.
My feet are flat and it can be painful wearing flats. I didn't realise but flat shoes have also destroyed my feet and given me knee problems. So I need some support. Why do they make shoes so narrow??
My issues: flat duck shaped foot. My toe box is widish but I have narrow ankles and heel so if it fits toebox, my ankles and heels will slip. I used to sprain my ankles when I was younger.
Even 'comfortable' boots are not so comfortable for me as my little toes are squashed due to the shape of the shoe.
Shoes in general are a pain heeled or not. Summer is good as I got a nice soft and platform Skechers flip flop, no squashed toes.

pinkgurl87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2014, 11:24 pm

I hate wearing heals, and if I do which is hardly ever I usually end up taking them off really fast because they hurt my feet so much

Eye test score: 21
AQ test score: 40.0 , AQ-10: 7.0
(RAADS-R): 183.0