Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 4:19 pm

Oooh I love floral shoes...hadn't thought of that. I like the print in the second photo you posted.

Yep, heels usually fit better when you go down half a size. And fabric shoes are best for a wedding...of course they can still be made of leather on the inside.

I came across some blue Badgley pumps on sale for half off, but sizes are limited.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/candance-pu ... RMY%20BLUE

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 7:49 am

^^ Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea, to break-up all the solid-color-ness.

I love the shoes you posted, in your last post----I saw some very similar, but the decoration was on the BACK.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 6:42 am

I like those third shoes you posted Campin Cat!

It's too late though, seeing as I've gone plain with the shoes I have to jazz it up with the bag but I still can't find one! I'm after something that's preferably floral with some sort of blue and pink in it to tie the dress and shoes together. Failing that something blush pink/nude but beaded or embellished, or even something dark red/burgundy. I thought it was actually unfashionable these days to be too 'matchy matchy' as they call it, hence why I'm assured a matching bag & shoes with matching blue tones to the dress would look too 'matchy matchy'. I have a blue necklace though (fake sapphire).

Everybody has different opinions. Even the lady at work suggested I get something chunky with a wooden heel!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 6:57 am

^^ I know----that 3rd pair is fabulous!!

No, "too matchy, matchy" isn't a matching handbag and shoes, because they're small (for instance, a guy on "Project Runway" had a matching belt and purse on his model----and, he always got REALLY high marks, on his overall looks)----"too matchy, matchy" would be if you wore, for instance, a solid blue bolero over your dress. Also, wearing a blue necklace with your dress is "too matchy, matchy" because even though the necklace is small, the area of the dress is LARGE (from shoulder to knee), and the necklace adds to what is already a large area----therefore, it's overkill. I suggest a silver-tone necklace.

Oh, MY----"chunky with a wooden heel" would be absolutely HORRIBLE!! "Wedding", "After Five", and "Evening" are supposed to be refined.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:04 am

Ok.

Silly persnickety question...

But is it ok to mix leathers? Say if I have smooth leather shoes, would it be ok to get say a bag with patent, croc or snake textured leather?

I've decided I'm gonna get a white bag now lol. Looking at a box clutch but nothing too small (ideally more than 6" wide), nothing too big either since I don't want it to draw attention.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 8:33 am

You can't go wrong with black or white shoes.

If you can get shoes the color of that dress, that would be really cool, too.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 8:52 am

I already has shoes, they're a blushy pink nude colour. My jewellery is silver and faux pearl so far (so far, as in it's only from the junk jewellery place so I can get an alternative one for like $15, not that there's much else in silver tones to choose from). Hence now I'm looking for a white bag with silver hardware.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 10:25 am

blue_bean wrote:
But is it ok to mix leathers? Say if I have smooth leather shoes, would it be ok to get say a bag with patent, croc or snake textured leather?

I've decided I'm gonna get a white bag now lol. Looking at a box clutch but nothing too small (ideally more than 6" wide), nothing too big either since I don't want it to draw attention.

Mixing leathers is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE----but, NOT if we're still talking about your wedding dress!! Not only is leather not recommended for lace, snake / croc and lace would clash, HORRIBLY, because of the texture (even if it's a solid-color bag); and patent, is too casual for that dress / event!! If that dress was just a solid-blue rayon, for instance (instead of lace), you could put almost anything with it----EXCEPT, croc / snake, because of the event; but, you could wear / carry leather.

See, many, MANY factors are taken into consideration: event, time-of-year, time-of-day, fabrics, prints, textures, etc. You don't have to consider time-of-day, for a wedding, really----but, time-of-year (season), you DO!! A friend and I were once invited to a wedding, in September----my friend's dress was a navy, print. I told her that people weren't wearing such dark colors, yet, but she wore it, anyway. The dress was GREAT----looked great on her----BUT, when the pictures came-out, EVERYBODY had on peach, bone, off-white, lavender, pale yellow (summer colors), and she looked really bad.

As for your wanting a white bag: white is for summer (if you live "Down-Under", that's okay)----I suggest bone-colored, as you'll get more wear, out of it. "Box-clutch", is fine----although, if you've never carried one, before, it might REALLY get-on your nerves, because you're often looking for a place to set-it-down, to free-up your hand; and then, you could walk-off without it. I LOVE clutches, but I won't carry one, cuz I'm too absent-minded.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 1:37 pm

That picture with the black shoes and the purple dress, to be honest, would be quite suitable for a wedding.

I'm not a fashion expert or anything---but if I were to see someone dressed like that, I would like it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 9:30 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Mixing leathers is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE----but, NOT if we're still talking about your wedding dress!! Not only is leather not recommended for lace, snake / croc and lace would clash, HORRIBLY, because of the texture (even if it's a solid-color bag); and patent, is too casual for that dress / event!! If that dress was just a solid-blue rayon, for instance (instead of lace), you could put almost anything with it----EXCEPT, croc / snake, because of the event; but, you could wear / carry leather.

See, many, MANY factors are taken into consideration: event, time-of-year, time-of-day, fabrics, prints, textures, etc. You don't have to consider time-of-day, for a wedding, really----but, time-of-year (season), you DO!! A friend and I were once invited to a wedding, in September----my friend's dress was a navy, print. I told her that people weren't wearing such dark colors, yet, but she wore it, anyway. The dress was GREAT----looked great on her----BUT, when the pictures came-out, EVERYBODY had on peach, bone, off-white, lavender, pale yellow (summer colors), and she looked really bad.

As for your wanting a white bag: white is for summer (if you live "Down-Under", that's okay)----I suggest bone-colored, as you'll get more wear, out of it. "Box-clutch", is fine----although, if you've never carried one, before, it might REALLY get-on your nerves, because you're often looking for a place to set-it-down, to free-up your hand; and then, you could walk-off without it. I LOVE clutches, but I won't carry one, cuz I'm too absent-minded.

It's going to be a spring wedding but new season stock in most shops seems to be trickling in at the slowest rate ever. The spring derby season starts very soon but there's nothing to choose from. I'll haphazard a guess that a heap of ladies will turn up to the local races wearing the same thing.

I bought the dress while in Sydney over a month ago. It was being sold during winter but the designer seems to be promoting it in their spring collection too. As we found out, the bridesmaids are wearing black (O_o) so really dark colours aren't in the equation. Reading between the lines of what my aunt said it seems that guest are encouraged to be the colourful part of the occasion.

I asked about the leather textures because I was tossing up between two clutches and the cheapest one was croc skin textured. But I'll think I'll bite the bullet and get the more expensive one that's smooth something (...I think...if it's leather or faux leather you can't tell that's for sure). As much as I'd like one with adornments, beading and embellishments etc, it starts getting a bit too bridal. There's a selection of blue accented accessories about (especially on Etsy) but they're also inappropriately bridal; 'something blue'.

Besides, I actually have a second pair of shoes now (similar colour, different style, impulse buy) so I have to get a bag that goes with both pairs lol. I'll decide which pair to wear on the day.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 1:15 pm

blue_bean wrote:
It's going to be a spring wedding.....

I bought the dress while in Sydney over a month ago. It was being sold during winter but the designer seems to be promoting it in their spring collection too. As we found out, the bridesmaids are wearing black (O_o) so really dark colours aren't in the equation. Reading between the lines of what my aunt said it seems that guest are encouraged to be the colourful part of the occasion.

Yep, your aunt is RIGHT----ESPECIALLY, now that I know you're "Down-Under"! ! If you were HERE in November, that dress would be PERFECT----OR, because of that, sort-of, navy-ish blue of your dress (navy, being, sort-of, like black, in that it's a basic color----why the designer is still promoting it), you could wear that dress "after-5" (as in, to a cocktail party)! ! Also, it depends-on whether it's a church wedding, or an outside wedding. That wedding I talked-about in my last post, was an outside wedding----that's why my friend looked even MORE out-of-place. Also, it depends-on whether it's a morning wedding, or an evening wedding----your dress would be PERFECT if it was an evening wedding----but then, your pale-colored shoes would be outta place.

It doesn't really matter, much, what the bridesmaids are wearing----"black and white" weddings have been "in" for, practically, as long as I can remember, in some-form-or-fashion----it's about whatever the bride likes / wants, pretty-much (with SOME exceptions, of course----like, it would be really odd to wear some kind of "fur-like" something, in the summer).

I asked about the leather textures because I was tossing up between two clutches and the cheapest one was croc skin textured. But I'll think I'll bite the bullet and get the more expensive one that's smooth something (...I think...if it's leather or faux leather you can't tell that's for sure). As much as I'd like one with adornments, beading and embellishments etc, it starts getting a bit too bridal. There's a selection of blue accented accessories about (especially on Etsy) but they're also inappropriately bridal; 'something blue'.

Well, I'm thinking the only clutch that would be "too bridal", would be a stark white one. If you got one that was silver-tone, for instance, with beading, that would be fine (BETTER, if it's an evening wedding----but, sometimes, weddings are the only opportunity some people have, for dressing-up, so they "go-for-the-gold", so-to-speak, and that's fine)----OR, if you got one that was the really pale pink color of your shoes, with beading, that would be fine, as well.

Besides, I actually have a second pair of shoes now (similar colour, different style, impulse buy) so I have to get a bag that goes with both pairs lol. I'll decide which pair to wear on the day.

Yeah, like I said----I'm thinking peach (or, whatever color your shoes really are), or silver-tone, would work fine.

That silver one has a chain----you can use THAT to carry it; or, put the chain INSIDE, and use it as a clutch.

Georgina145
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2016, 6:01 am

Just google search blue dress and in that way you might get an idea. I think a blue one will look great!