Very depressed over looking much, much younger than my age

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SupahPossum
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Feb 2017, 7:19 am

I had the same thing, when I was younger. Up until age 33 I was asked for ID when buying alcohol. It was annoying and frustrating at times, having to carry ID wherever I went even though my friends the same age did not. It does, eventually, get better.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

SupahPossum wrote:
I had the same thing, when I was younger. Up until age 33 I was asked for ID when buying alcohol. It was annoying and frustrating at times, having to carry ID wherever I went even though my friends the same age did not. It does, eventually, get better.

I'm one of those non-aging ones (people ask me if i've started attending a high school yet and i'm 22). But i'm not disturbed by this. I am actually scared that, it will, eventually, get better...

LonelyRabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2017, 5:48 pm

Same here. People still say I look 16.

I REALLY used to hate it as a teen/young adult, but now I love it!

Why would anyone want to look older? unless you're a preteen lol

Seriously though, girls like us are very lucky:)

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2018, 4:26 pm

I come back to my own thread I started a year and a bit back to rant again. I am typing this in tears, yes I can't control my emotions right now as I've had more than my string of bad luck, stress and misery and this ''looking younger'' thing really got to me lately. Here we go, so on Thursday I went to a benefit for a former high school friend battling a rare form of lung cancer, she is my age, 28 and my mother also had lung cancer last year so this was important for me to go. They wouldn't even let me into the bar. They just wouldn't. I showed them three different forms of I.D but I got kicked out for ''you look 16''.

I didn't start to sob until today about it - it really hit me. I can't believe at 28 years old on top of absolutely everything else I have been through (and I have been through hell) that I am not even awarded the privilege of being treated like an adult. This entire thing really upset me. The whole aspect of it. The cancer aspect, the fact that I got kicked out of the bar, the fact that everyone else looks their age and is paired off and married. The entire thing is heart breaking.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2018, 1:41 am

How I wish I had this problem

I've looked like I'm in my 20s since I was teen because I've always been big and tall for my age. I also mimicked my mum and older sister's fashion choice so I'd often get mistaken for a 23 year old at 15.

I'd say it's all in the way you dress and even how you speak but at the end of the day people will always have their prejudices so carry a form of ID lool

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 8:09 pm

I look extremely young for my age too. When I was 20, a waitress brought me a kiddie menu. Strangers ask what grade I am in. I can't visit a school without being mistaken for a student. It sucks so much sometimes because people are so condescending and don't treat me like an equal.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 7:28 am

bethannny wrote:
They wouldn't even let me into the bar. They just wouldn't. I showed them three different forms of I.D but I got kicked out for ''you look 16''.

I've never let my young looks bother me, but that really sucks. I'm sorry =(

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 2:16 pm

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/autis ... wly-215407
If autistic brains grow more slowly why not the rest of our bodies? I've always looked young for my age.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 1:05 pm

Well that's very interesting.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 9:53 am

My sister still looks like she did in middle school and is 19. She got very good at makeup and choosing outfits to make her seem older.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 7:59 pm

I look old now. I wish I looked young!

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 7:41 pm

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 8:04 pm

I'm 25 and I look about ten years younger without makeup on.
I wear very gothic sort of eye makeup, with large winged eyeliner. I really like it, it's become a bit of my trademark look I guess... It also makes my eyes look smaller, but it also makes people, including strangers look at my eyes which isn't great. :lol:
A few months ago, I was out at a pub and a guy approached me and thought I was 19. He was surprised when I said I was 25. I remember when I was 21 and marketing people would come to my house asking if my parents were home - stating they thought I was 14 when I told them my age. I was wearing makeup, but I didn't do the eye makeup then.
People thinking I am younger than I am also seems to bother some people who are judgemental and make assumptions about what age I am because my boyfriend is significantly older than me, and I look younger than I am. I'm also very small and petite.

Don't be depressed over looking younger. So many people want to look younger.
Just think, would it be better for you if you looked older than you are?

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.