Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

Are animals and art a common interest for female Aspies, as opposed to technology or physics for male Aspies? I’m not saying this is always true, just common?

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 9:02 pm

Definitely true for me-I am a cat lover.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 7:06 am

female yes, animals yes, art yes!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 7:58 am

I love animals especially ball pythons (I think I was one in my past life) and love cats.
Art is tricky. I’m not into crafts. I do a lot of coloring in books and digital drawings for various fandoms. I don’t like knitting and anything involving needles. I love paintings by pro artist though.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

testingwithfire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2019, 8:11 am

I was just assessed with Aspergers!

Animal and nature lover here. I'm not good at art but I'm really interested in art and art history. Birding, shell collecting, skygazing ... all of that appeals to me much more than physics, computer science, or math.

There are definitely a lot of liberal-arts "nerds" amongst the autism collective.

kayell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2019, 4:06 pm

Not so much with animals as an obsession (although I love my elderly cat dearly), but plants are the thing I focus on. I can't hike, only amble, because I'm constantly shrieking "FLOWER!" and having to squat down, examine it in detail, ID it or puzzle over it. Next comes hauling out the camera (art*), lying in the mud and leaves and photographing the thing multiple times. Get up, brush off the dirt, amble down the trail for 20 ft, rinse, wash, repeat.

Life sciences are my thing, especially botany and horticulture (I actually made a living being a professional gardener and landscape designer). I do lots of photography, mostly plants, wild and domesticated. I built a plant photograph database for use by my former employer. It was fun. Nature and nerdiness combined into one lovely obsessive project.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Muia

18 Apr 2019, 7:48 am

I love animals and drawing. Especially cats. Cats are my favourite. Animals make me smile. Even just seeing one in the street makes me giddy. Used to draw a lot when I was younger but just don’t have time or energy at the moment. Im into playing a particular computer game too so spending my relaxing time doing that. Then I’ll finish that and start reading lots again. Then drawing again. Hahaha!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:27 am

It seems like it.

In my case;
Arts? Yes. In various mediums. Seriously. And I'm into crafts.
Animals? Likely no. Animals just slightly less as likely overwhelm me as the most passive and calm of human presence would to be honest. And I got no real inclinations towards nor against animals.
If anything else, I'm more into flora than fauna.

Technology? Yes.
Physics? Likely yes than no.
They both makes sense to me in a level beyond terms and numbers.
I'm fine with most domains of sciences and arts.
I just don't do terms and words in general even with my deepest of all special interests.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 9:32 pm

Well, we have a houseful of animals (three cats, two dogs), and I paint in acrylics, make multimedia collages, play drums, and write poetry and I’m trying to teach myself how to crochet.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2019, 8:26 am

I see that a lot. I'm somewhere in between.

I'm much more systematic and less empathetic than a typical woman, but not quite systematic enough to be a STEM sort.

I do love cats, and I have respect for art, but my big interests are theology, books, sports, trading cards, music, and hot guys. I guess looking at hot guys is kind of like visual art. lol.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 10:02 am

I do.
Art is my talent.
Animals talk without words.
I like the patterns of nature.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

I can say that's true for me. No good at math and not interested in tech related things. Other than creative videogames.
But very much an art and nature interested person. Those are my two main interests.

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2019, 5:59 pm

I'm not diagnosed, but I love animals and art. If you make me attend a party, I will go play with your dog if you have one. If you don't, I will be studying your art. If you have neither...I will probably try to leave if there are more than 6 people there, because crowds stress me out and I can't understand what people are saying over the noise.

languagehopper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2019, 5:59 pm

I used to be horse mad and now run a rabbit sanctuary, so animals yes.
Art, well I like to take pictures and write poems, whether they are good enough to qualify as art I don't know.

But I also like physics and I used to make computer games before the rabbits took over.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2019, 6:05 am

I know animals and art are prime special interests for me. The animals seems like it could be gender neutral, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of females have the interest, especially horses.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2019, 8:04 am

Art and Cats