Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

19 May 2007, 2:24 pm

As a child does not count because little kids don't have breasts till puberty comes then they start getting them.

Have any women on here gone out without wearing a bra?

I went to work yesterday and I was wearing a dress where you don't need to wear a bra and I realized I didn't have a bra to wear so I had to go braless under my uniform. I thought it be real uncomfortable but it didn't hurt at all and my boobs didn't get sore from the lack of support. It felt comofrtbale but I know it's something I shouldn't do because then your boobs would get all stretched out from having no support at all. It had been years since I have gone without a bra. I hadn't done that since 4th grade. Wearing dresses where you don't need to wear a bra doesn't count.

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 2:43 pm

God are you kidding?

If i went without a bra i'd knock myself out LOL

:lol:

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 3:09 pm

I stopped wearing bras in 1997, when I started breastfeeding... it was too much of a hastle to deal with a bra. I don't think I've suffered from it, though I'm not exactly stacked, either :lol:.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 3:11 pm

I can but it's not very comfortable. I am very self conscious without one.

one of the fun side effects of me being a late bloomer is I had no idea that I needed to be wearing a bra...so i started wearing one a wee while after I was was supposed to.
It was kinda embarrasing.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2007, 3:18 pm

Yes, but two things stopped me. One, the jiggling was uncomfortable. Two, people stare. And sometimes, my skin is hypersensitive, so the rubbing sensation against fabric is horrid.

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2007, 3:46 pm

I did for longer than most people, although in 8th grade my history teacher rather cruelly called me out in the middle of class and I hadn't been self-conscious about that before, so I started to wear them then. (She was very cruel to me in a lot of ways I didn't figure out until I was older as well.) Before I hit puberty, I actually used to go around shirtless (I was a 1st class tomboy and hated wearing shirts besides...at 10 years old I have photos of me at sleepovers being the only one without a shirt on) :roll:

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 4:08 pm

I'm an F cup. Going without one is *very* painful. I actually prefer corsets because of the back support, but in the summer they are just too hot.

I even sleep in bras.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2007, 5:22 pm

sure, underwiring and stuff is uncomfortable but it does depend on how much boobs you've got whether you can get away with going bra-less.

i got a small ribcage but i'm about an e-cup & i find that i generally need some support. i wouldn't like to go completely bra less for more than a few hours and even to sleep in, i find a micro fibre vesty/sport top is best.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2007, 5:26 pm

phenomenon wrote:
I did for longer than most people, although in 8th grade my history teacher rather cruelly called me out in the middle of class and I hadn't been self-conscious about that before, so I started to wear them then. (She was very cruel to me in a lot of ways I didn't figure out until I was older as well.)

that is really naughty, teachers should not be allowed to get away with stuff like that. what a cow! :x

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2007, 5:44 pm

sepia wrote:
phenomenon wrote:
I did for longer than most people, although in 8th grade my history teacher rather cruelly called me out in the middle of class and I hadn't been self-conscious about that before, so I started to wear them then. (She was very cruel to me in a lot of ways I didn't figure out until I was older as well.)

that is really naughty, teachers should not be allowed to get away with stuff like that. what a cow! :x

I had a physical ed. teacher like that in 7th grade. She would constantly shame me in front of the other classmates, and since I had sensory issues, sometimes I would come to school without showering. Instead of taking me aside, she chose to humiliate me by sniffing me, and then screaming at me, while everyone laughed.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2007, 6:44 pm

I have gone without one It was very comfortable when I did but then again I am a size 36 B cup

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 7:13 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I can but it's not very comfortable. I am very self conscious without one.
one of the fun side effects of me being a late bloomer is I had no idea that I needed to be wearing a bra...so i started wearing one a wee while after I was was supposed to.
It was kinda embarrasing.

Was into the idea of bra before I needed one, it was a symbol of "maturity" which was what I sought as a child. By the time I did need one, the appeal of it had waned significantly. My peers in junior high (7th/8th grades) made fun of me for not wearing one, and I couldn't understand why. Only see how I looked in retrospect, at the time I was oblivious & in denial (about my bodily changes). So I didn't start wearing one until 9th grade.
I gained a lot of weight during my teens & then lost that weight in my early 20's, so that added to the sagging problem. Am age 34 now, don't know my proper bra size because they never seem to fit right, somewhere around 38C perhaps ? All winter, I enjoy being able to hide in my clothing, no one can see my lack of bra. Problem w/warm weather is that I have to wear less clothing, which then reveals my shape-and I feel need to wear bra if I leave the house.
In fact, my intolerance for wearing a bra contributes to my agoraphobia-it's a tough tradeoff to make, "putting myself together" sufficiently to look publicly presentable. Haven't managed to find a sports bra that fits, or a compromise type of garment. Bras are so uncomfy, feel like I either can't breathe or as if the bra isn't doing it's job, at least bra-less is less aggravating. Breasts are annoying for me to possess, but they do balance out my figure (wide hips).

devunea
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2007, 9:00 pm

i go bra less most of the time. but i am extremely small physically and have small boobs, so its no big deal. i can't imagine my boobs being big enough to actually droop and touch underneath. i know every woman with big breast deal with this. i like to go bra less, for a bit i was obsessed with the best bra to give me bigger boobs, but now i realize with my small/muscular physique i look better the way i am.
funny my bf was griping about my Victoria's Secret credit card and said "for a woman who doesn't wear bra or panties (which in not entirely true) i don't know why you owe....."

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2007, 11:09 pm

I dont wear a bra around the house or in the summer. :oops:

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 10:25 am

Quote:
I dont wear a bra around the house or in the summer. :oops:

Same here. I don't wear anything revealing or tight fitting, so it's really not noticeable. I think it's because they fit so close to your skin...they make me insane, if I do wear one I end up pulling and tugging at it all day.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 3:02 pm

I've found that I can't wear bras, because they give me a certian rash at the bottom. I just go braless, now.