Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2018, 2:38 pm

I shave everywhere even my arms and knuckles (even though I don't have a lot of body hair and it's blond)! lol I can't stand body hair, and never feel clean unless I shave.

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2018, 4:57 pm

I shave body hair, because I have to apply cream on my body (otherwise I have cracked, dry, itchy skin) and it's easier and more pleasant to do when the skin is smooth.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 7:10 am

I do get annoyed about the social pressure on women about shaving, while men have the choice. Where I come from, it's socially acceptable for a man to have long hair on his head if he wants. Some people might not like it out of personal opinion, but it's not a thing where he'd get judged by everybody. But if I decided to go out exposing unshaved legs and armpits, I know I would receive stares and comments from strangers like I've gone out naked or something.

calyx
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2018, 11:14 pm

Personally, I think it's a really stupid cultural norm, especially in the United States.

Fair dos if you like it, but most of the time it's to enforce an artificial sexual dimorphism. It has a racial element too. I personally have better things to do, but I get that it's a meaningful and important ritual to some, who have grown up with it and associate it with concepts like femininity and cleanliness and competence and youth. For others, necessary for their economic and social wellbeing.

If I want the pubic area of a child, I'll do it as a kink. It looks terribly artificial to me but I am not from the US and have never been susceptible to those messages.

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2018, 4:10 pm

My mother wanted me to be ladylike when I was younger too. I didn't shave my hair, and now I understand it to mean to some people out there that you are a "butch" lesbian. If you don't know what that means, that is good. Stay that way! I was just simply trying to be natural and like God created me instead of being artificial. I didn't know that having hair made any kind of social statement. I thought it was just the way I was. I did understand that gentlemen liked ladies to shave, but why would God create me to have hair if he wanted me to shave? I do kind of understand the concept now, however. Throughout history men distinguished themselves from the beasts by lack of hair and standing upright. It was in my anthropology book that it was a characteristic of being human.

Aavikkorotta
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2018, 2:24 pm

I'll occasionally shave my underarms when it starts to get too long, because long underarm hair is uncomfortable as well as ugly. I also like my knees to be hairless, and a couple other small areas. But I only shave once a month at most. And I would never shave my shins, because bald shins are creepy. Even kids have hair on their shins. It ain't natural not to, and it makes you look sickly if you can't even grow shin hair.

emilyjh75
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2018, 7:44 pm

Nope, don't shave a hair on my body. Hate the feeling of air on my skin, hate the feeling of hair growing in, hate the feeling of shaving, all of it. I don't wear makeup nor dresses either (unless required by dress code). I just try to be myself. Also, I think it's weird that we are expected to go through such a long list of daily beauty rituals for what...to appear sexually attractive to any random stranger? No thanks.

Windigo
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2018, 10:29 am

Joe90 wrote:
I do get annoyed about the social pressure on women about shaving, while men have the choice. Where I come from, it's socially acceptable for a man to have long hair on his head if he wants. Some people might not like it out of personal opinion, but it's not a thing where he'd get judged by everybody. But if I decided to go out exposing unshaved legs and armpits, I know I would receive stares and comments from strangers like I've gone out naked or something.

Yes same here.

But I decided to not let that withold me from doing what feels comfortable to me. So I shave my armpits because I think that feels pleasant, and I shave my mustache (unfortunately my hairs there are very visible). But otherwise I trim to keep things neat, and I don´t care about shaving my legs.

I sometimes get sniggers for not shaving my legs, but I snigger back because I save lots of money and time not shaving. Guess it is a bonus that I am attracted to ladies, not gents.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 5:56 pm

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't - it depends on whether I feel like doing it when I'm showering. I always wear jeans and T-shirts and won't ever be able to wear a swimsuit again without being judged due to self-harm scars on my thighs, so no one else will even know.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 5:59 pm

i used to shave only 4 summer n special occasions lol but now i'm swimming so i make more of a weekly effort

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 11:47 am

I only shave under my arms, and then only once in a while. Neve did my legs. Tweeze my face, due to a hirsuteness problem. I occasionally cut my head hair--prefer to do it myself. I don't wear skirts or dresses away from home, so no one's going to see my hairy legs.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 9:27 pm

No need to if you ask me.
I REALLY hate shaving, so I don't.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2018, 10:54 am

I prefer to be shaved I shave the usual places besides my lady area which I struggle with so my partner helps with that. I also have that hair growing around my anal area so I feel better in myself when shaven. Plus as I grow like wildfire down there I can't wear thongs or such unless I'm clean shaven or trimmed.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2018, 8:01 am

I shave because I think no body hair looks better (no offence to those who don't shave it's just my personal preference) and I also feel more fresh even if i'm not gonna show my shaved legs to anyone because it's winter for example.
I always worry that i'm gonna cut myself though, not sure why, and I always get annoyed at how fast it grows back... Right now I haven't shaved my legs in a while only my armpits.

VictoriaGoose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2018, 10:48 am

I shave everywhere except for my private area. I don't like shaving, I'm scared I'll cut myself, like the poster above I don't know why it's just one of those things. I like everywhere else to be shaven, I like it when my skin feels smooth. I do cut myself sometimes though which can be a nightmare :?

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:55 am

I don't shave my legs above my knees. I don't think I ever did. So, it's light colored.