Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2019, 11:11 am

I used to on occasion because my mom would be constantly up my ass about how hairy I am. But honestly, I can't be bothered to shave. It seems pointless to me.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Feb 2019, 11:38 am

While I don't like shaving, I do it. I used to get my hoo-hah waxed but it was just so painful I couldn't do it anymore, plus it was expensive. I just shave that every now and again.

I don't like body hair and how it feels. I don't like prickly feelings, and that's what happens a few days after I shave so I keep doing it. I like the feeling of really smooth skin, especially in the sheets. I'm always touching my skin and when my legs are prickly, I will touch them ALL DAY. When I miss a spot on my legs I will find it and touch it all day too it sucks.

I really don't care what society thinks about body hair, I wish I could push past the physical feeling because the hair is supposed to be there. People call me "granola" and "crunchy" because I'm so earthy and natural about everything else. I really do surprise myself on this one.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 10:52 pm

Depends on the time of the year, heh. During pants season I tend to not shave my legs. Now and then I will but generally I don't bother in the winter. I do love the feeling of my freshly clean shaven legs, so silky! But it's not something I can do constantly, it will irritate my skin. I mix it up by waxing them some times instead but that's maybe once a year. As for other places I have to shave or keep 'quaffed' because the hair itself irritates the crap out of me. It's a sensory thing and is just really uncomfortable. I also found that having hair in those places can cause a lingering feeling of dampness at times that I also find extremely unpleasant. I certainly believe its best to do with what is most comfortable for yourself.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm

I mostly shave my legs and armpits, but since most of the time, I wear a work uniform that includes pants, so sometimes I don't shave my legs as often in the winter. I shave or use a hair removal cream on some parts of the bikini area in the summer if I know I'm going to be wearing a swimsuit. Most of the time though, I wear swim shorts as part of a tankini so I don't have to be as exact.

swordrat32
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2019, 2:27 pm

I never shave anymore and have grown to really like my hairy legs. They make me feel powerful. (Plus shaving was awful for me -constant irritation/bleeding and the hair came back IMMEDIATELY.) When I first stopped shaving I was extremely self-conscious for a long time, but it was worth it to get to this point.

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2019, 7:30 pm

I stopped years ago. I won't shave unless I can get laser hair removal on my legs, underarms and face. Yes, swordrat32, the hair grows back immediately--that's why i do not shave. I find it wastes my time and gets me nowhere. There are actually Groupons for laser hair removal in Milford, CT--I live in Ansonia--so if I can afford it, i could get the laser hair removal and never worry about leg hair or underarm hair or facial hair again.

ThinkipadX230
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2019, 7:35 pm

I hate shaving, only shave armpit when my mum asked me to do.
We shave hair on other body parts and somehow want more hair on the scalp.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 9:24 pm

I always shave, but I don’t like taking the time to do it. Having smooth skin is nice, though.

BehindtheScenes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2019, 5:39 pm

Unfortunately, I get hairy in a lot of weird places. But, I neglect my legs. Never cared for skirts/dresses/shorts and no one to impress at the moment.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 5:54 pm

I shaved today after a good couple months of not shaving. I feel lighter :D

MJB46
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2019, 5:58 pm

Almost never, I'm totes creeped out by the infantalization of adult women. Modifications to make women look more like prepubescent girls is so strange and gross to me.

acorneperson
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2019, 8:17 pm

MJB46 wrote:
Almost never, I'm totes creeped out by the infantalization of adult women. Modifications to make women look more like prepubescent girls is so strange and gross to me.

I feel similarly.

Also, I think it's unfair that I can stand next to a very hairy male friend when out swimming, but if I have unshaved legs and armpit hair then that's what's outrageous to strangers. It makes no sense. I have less body hair than he does, and he's considered okay. My own body hair is no less normal. I've been upset by this and still am. The infantilization aesthetic is creepy, and so is the double-standard that it creates.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2019, 9:13 am

This summer I experiment with bleaching instead of shaving.
Bleached hair is less visible but has the unshaven feel I prefer and it doesn't regrow prickly.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Muia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jul 2019, 7:38 am

I find hair removal a real chore, so don't do it that often. Though conversely I don't feel 'clean' if I'm hairy. It's like I haven't washed. I can alo be a hair/skin picker and have gone through phases where I will literally pluck every hair from my calves with tweezers. If I start I can't stop.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2019, 9:26 pm

I haven't shaved any part of my body for about two years now, and Im really happy that way. Shaving would make me itch like CRAZY when the hair would grow back. It was absolutely miserable. And sweating when you are shaved is gross.. it makes you more smelly. Our hair actually absorbs odors until we take a shower at the end of a day. When a guy comes over and he asks me why I dont shave my legs, I ask him the same question back, and he usually looks at me like I am nuts, but IDGAF?? :ninja:

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 7:44 pm

I shave my legs and armpits.
I only shave my pubic hair every two weeks or so, although I did go through a phase in the last couple of years when I didn’t shave it at all. When I was younger I’d shave all of it off but my preferences have changed.
I can’t stand how my legs feel when they’re hairy. Having freshly shaved legs feels really good to me.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits