Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

I am suspecting that I have PMDD, due to the fact that every month, I would have at least one major meltdown. My husband thinks it has to do with severe PMS, and you know what, I have to agree with him. Problem is that I won't be able to see my doctor for about a month, and his schedule is so hectic that I can barely get through to him at all. I am hurt and angry, because I really, really want to get this problem resolved to save my marriage. Some days I wish I was genderless so that I won't have to worry about hormones.

I am fine on most days, but before and after my period, I become angrier and moodier. I also tend to say things that I don't really mean and take my problems out on the wrong people. I want to talk to a doctor about this, but I am not sure if I should see a regular doctor or an OB/GYN for this. I would like your input on this.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 4:08 pm

My sister went to an OB/GYN for hers. I remember her getting admitted to a hospital for a week every month. After four months they got her stable enough to stay home.

Homebrand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2018, 10:50 am

I never realised how much my cycles and hormones must have been effecting me. I was also having meltdowns at least once a month and a lot of anger. Once I went on the pill I found that after that, if I got really angry I would just end up crying which was a good emotion release. I probably cry more often now but it's been better than the level of anger I used to experience. I never even realised I could have been so sensitive to my own hormones until going on the pill had such an effect.