Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Angel 6
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2018, 3:53 am

I have long hair that falls past my shoulders. I like my hair being long, although it can be irritating when it falls in front of my eyes.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 3:01 am

Mine is just past my shoulders because it desperately needs cutting, it's supposed to be a bob. I had it short but

full for a long time which I liked but apparently contributed to a lot of people wrongly thinking I was gay. Once past

my shoulders it turns into rats tails though it's not too bad at the moment.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 6:49 am

I have extremely long hair, just past my hips.
I almost always have it down, unless I have to work or it's a very windy day.
I find I feel more comfortable having it down around the sides of my face and over my ears. I have had my hair long my whole life, shortest I ever cut it was to my shoulders to attempt to fit in when I was in high school (just over ten years ago) and have been growing it ever since. Stuff fitting in.
I get occasional trims and keep it very healthy. I'm a redhead.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 1:57 pm

I'd say my hair is medium, around chin length. It's long enough to tuck behind my ears to keep it out of my face, but not long enough to get caught under the collar of my coat when I put it on.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 2:15 pm

I have long hair right down to my waist almost, at the back.

At the front it looks like it may go just beyond my shoulders.

It has many layers.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 11:09 pm

I usually keep it long unless I am truly unable to care for it properly (pregnant/around dangerous machinery/diet&product depression causing unhealthy and unattractive look).
When short I like asymmetrical bobs, usually shaved along neck.

I dont really color it except brightening with henna rinse at this time. If it gets a lot of grey I will likely cut it unless the shade is clean. I might dye it

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 12:39 am

I have long hair.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2018, 1:19 am

My hair is quite long, easily waist-length. I've kept it long ever since age 10 when I refused to submit to the bowl haircut my parents had insisted on since I was a toddler. I like the look and am comfortable with it, though sometimes when the wind is howling across the plains I abruptly turn into Cousin It.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

Angelique1313
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2018, 9:31 am

My hair is super long down to my hips. I can't bear to cut it

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2018, 11:29 am

Mine is slightly longer than shoulder length. I wash it, leave it to dry naturally, then detangle it by running my fingers through it. When it gets too long I cut it myself. That is about all the care it gets. It's going grey in places. I rather like the grey bits.

Jennadesigns
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2019, 6:19 pm

Had short hair (pixie cut) my entire life because hair touching my face/neck really bothered me.

I grew my hair out when I had my last child, just before I turned 37. I'm 40 now and it's half way down my back. I think I lived thru the horrible "growing out" phase and irritation because I was consumed with taking care of my young child and too tired to consider doing something about it ... fortunately after a year and half, I could pull it into a ponytail.

Today, I only wear it up in a pony tail, unless I'm sleeping and then I can't stand it pulled back but have to pile it all above my head on the pillow so it's not touching my neck/face or I can't sleep.

Recently figured out I'm autistic and that this thing about my hair is likely an Aspie thing.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:27 am

I currently have long hair. It needs a cut pretty bad but I'll probably keep it on the long side

The shortest my hair has been has been just dusting my shoulders. I may go to a similar length again someday but long is fine for now.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:26 pm

Serpentine wrote:
My hair is quite long, easily waist-length. I've kept it long ever since age 10 when I refused to submit to the bowl haircut my parents had insisted on since I was a toddler. I like the look and am comfortable with it, though sometimes when the wind is howling across the plains I abruptly turn into Cousin It.

Ugh, the bowl haircut. Don't remind me. :lol:

Since short bob hair was all my parents let me have till high school, I've since always grown my hair long, except for a few years ago when I shaved my head (easiest time of my life, it must be said).

Now it's down to my butt and needs a trim.

lux214
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2019, 1:54 pm

My hair is long and blond. But I always wear it as a braid or a bun.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:57 pm

Quote:
Do You Have Long Or Short Hair?

Yes :P

I have short hair.

My first 9 years hair was something I wasn't aware of, I technically knew I had it, but that was it. Then puberty hit, and with it preferences for hair and clothes.

My hair has been "boy" short ever since I turned and 10 and was allowed to choose for myself after nagging for about half a year.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 10:00 pm

As a kid, my hair was super long. When I was about 4ish, my mom gave me a bob haircut and I had a meltdown. For years, I wouldn’t let anyone cut it except my bangs. When I was about 10, my mom put her foot down because my hair was down to my waist amd super thick. I’m fairly tall and was already past 5 feet then, so that was a LOT of hair to take care of. Ever since then, I’ve gone back and forth between short and long. It’s short at the moment, but I’m trying to decide if I should grow it out again. One of the ways I stim is putting my hands in my hair.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”