Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 5:30 pm

For the past 3 or 4 days I've been having a bad depressive episode and feeling emotional and fragile, and it hasn't gone away yet. I keep getting emotional about everything, like my buttons are easily pushed and I keep hating myself. I haven't felt like this for a long time, or if I have it's not lasted this long. I even hit myself in the head today, just to release anger, and I haven't hit myself in the head in 5 years. I've got all the symptoms of depression. I'm hoping that it's just PMT, as I am due for my period tomorrow, but it seems to be quite bad this month. I don't always get PMT, but I have this month, and during this horrible depressive episode I've also been waking up soaking wet with sweat. I keep a diary of when I cry (along with other things), and until a few days ago, I hadn't cried for 6 weeks, which is a long time for me to go without crying, so maybe it's just all built up. I hope that's it, and I hope it will pass.

I'm on antidepressants but I want to stay on these, I don't think they have stopped working, I just think that I'm just having a depressive episode caused by PMT. It just feels like there's a dark cloud inside my head that I can't get rid of. I can't even sit and focus on anything at the moment. When I listen to music my thoughts are so distracting that I am not taking in the song at all. When I do my writing I just write one sentence then get writers block quickly. When I go for a walk I feel all self-conscious. I'm OK at work but keep feeling easily irritable, not with people. I'm not taking anything out on people, it's just when I'm alone I feel all miserable, isolated and agitated.

What's happening to me? Please tell me it will pass. :cry:

TheCleverWitch
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jun 2019, 6:50 pm

Hey there! I hope it got better. I know that vitamin B deficiencies have been linked to nasty pms/periods; do you know if you're low? Here's an article that might help:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/he ... cle622658/