Do you think aspie women care less about fashion?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 5:13 pm

I struggle with trying to look presentable. Between sensory issues, zero fashion sense, and feeling traumatized in women's clothes (and body), it's a challenge just to look decent enough to leave the house.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 8:19 pm

My diet and exercise allows me to wear size 2 clothes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 8:58 pm

Most important comfy , secondly as a costumer for con - peeps its the little things that make the whole . Sometimes comfort takes second place ..but in reality it all depends what the days plans are used to not care. Now wearing many hats , seems must wear activity apropriate . Many health issues dictate daily wear but if its yard work or labourious outside.. grubbies.. jeans. Old army uniforms , fatigues , & stuff . But only shop thrift mostly. My clothes like informal armour , keep me from getting scratched alot when doing tough stuff . :oops: or just clumsy .But coffee shops find me in dresses to jeans , and strangley enough , very lucky when colours or patterns work well. Likes boots but have trouble making them work . Hint: borax put in laundry wash 1 cup with normal wash soap helps soften stuff . Jeans, whatever. Just a thought.

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are

Cavycat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2019, 5:03 pm

I think it depends on the individual. I like to wear comfortable clothes that don't draw attention to my secondary parts, but are flattering. My outfits always have to look good in color and tone, even pajamas.
It's fairly hard to find something I'm comfortable in due to the fact that most clothes in the stores I go to are either sexy or have lightweight fabric for half of the year. I only shop during the autumn/winter fashion season (except undergarments), and even then I have to be picky due to the fact that women's shirts are thin, excepting a few brands/styles. The sweaters are never warm and heavy enough, all of my best are from a thrift store. Even pants are hard. I have to feel denim first because I like the thicker kind, but I wear corduroys during winter due to the fact that the wind will go through my jeans.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 3:37 pm

I like fashion in theory, I like seeing cool outfits, but in real life I don't feel like bothering to be fashionable and I just wear what's comfortable.