Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

freya918
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2007, 11:48 pm

i have rather broad shoulders, seemingly no hips or waistline, and i have low eyebrows with sunken eyes that make me look rather mannish. my mother was told by the doctors that i was going to be born male, and i looked VERY much like a little boy growing up (i had short hair and wore boys' clothes) >_______<. my gait and posture aren't exactly the most feminine thing, either :roll:.

InnocentEyes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2007, 12:36 pm

I have female physical features thank goodness. There is nothing male about me except for my brain, which is decidedly masculin.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 12:32 am

I have thick hair in my legs, and my eyebrows are thicker than it should be. Also I have hair growing below my navel, my mom says that is abnormal :?

zee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 1:17 am

When I was young I was mistaken for a boy as well--but I assumed it was because I had short hair and didn't wear girly clothes. If you look at little kids you will see that many girls wear pink and purple and light pastel-y colors with hearts and accessories; it's almost a rule at that age.

Then when I finished school I started doing manual labor for a living, so I'm a bit on the butch side now. So I think it's only an indirect result of having AS. Unfortunately I do have big hips. :?

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 3:36 am

I have quite dark and defined eyebrows but they are not a monobrow or anything. It depends on the racial heritage but some women normally have quite a lot of hair on their bodies and faces. There is even a family in South America with a genetic condition that makes most of them very hairy.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

morningdove
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2007, 3:05 pm

I look feminine except that I have too much hair in cetain places...I have thick long hair on my arms for instance. I have always felt ashamed of it... :(

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 4:00 pm

I'm a normal height and have wide hips, but I'm heavily muscled for a woman. I was mistaken for a boy when I was young (to the point that other girls told me to get out of the girl's bathroom once); I grew my hair out after that in an attempt to avoid confusion. I have a black belt in Aikido. My speech patterns are more masculine than feminine, too.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 8:53 am

morningdove wrote:
I look feminine except that I have too much hair in cetain places...I have thick long hair on my arms for instance. I have always felt ashamed of it... :(
That's a shame as there is nothing wrong with being hairy.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 1:03 pm

Quote:
i have rather broad shoulders, seemingly no hips or waistline,
me too.
Quote:
and i looked VERY much like a little boy growing up (i had short hair and wore boys' clothes)
me too.
Quote:
my gait and posture aren't exactly the most feminine thing, either .
mine neither..no...I take that back...it is hard to have a masculine gait walking on toes as much as I do...I do have very short, wide "hobbit feet" (except they're not hairy)...they look pretty silly in "girly shoes" which are generally too narrow to fit me...and if they are wide enough, then they will be too long..

My legs aren't really hairy, and neither are my arms (that's nice, because I don;t shave :) )
I do have a slightly annoying moustache though, and Flakey recently reported to me that i have back hair.

I also have the more "masculine" figer digit ratio thing...where my ring figer is longer than my pointer finger.

morningdove
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2007, 2:38 pm

Pandora wrote:
morningdove wrote:
That's a shame as there is nothing wrong with being hairy.

I wish there wasnt, but most people dont seem to feel that way. & I live in Miami were we're expected to be hairless 24/7 & wear really skimpy clothing like shorts & tank tops for the summer(I dont). I hate shaving & usually wear pants so I dont have to shave my legs. I do shave my pits though & pluck the hairs above my lip. Id shave my arms but Im worried it will grow back looking worse...

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 9:46 am

I have very wide shoulders, and I'm natually muscular.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 10:31 am

I have a very feminine physique. The only thing that's masculine about me is that I have hair in places that I shouldn't. It's odd, because I have very fine hair on my head, and legs, and almost none on my arms, yet I have facial hair that I have to pluck, and navel hair that I have to shave. I also have a pretty low voice, too.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 3:41 pm

I'm, uh. . . sort of gratuitiously curvy.

People have often called me unfeminine in the past- because I "think like a man," or some such nonsense. . . and I'm also sort of sturdy. . .big shoulders and all that. . . and at 5'7, a little tall, I guess.

Also don't shave unless I want to, which tends to not include my legs.

But I'm very clearly shaped like a girl.

And, I don't see where people get off comparing me to some external measure of femininity. . . After all, I'm a woman. I have two x chromosomes. . . therefore, I, like all women, should be part of the definition to which other things are compared, to see if they are feminine or not. . . .

I think it's absurd and a little sad that I spent my growing-up feeling aquard and ashamed of my build, based on such senselessness.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2007, 11:29 pm

My face is feminine, but I would say my figure is somewhat boyish. Small chest, big hands, big feet. I'm also quite muscular, and definitely toned for someone hasn't worked out a day in her life. I'm also kinda hairy I guess, but hey, I'm Puerto Rican and Eastern European lol.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

16 Oct 2007, 12:40 am

liberty wrote:
Dear Fellow Aspies,

Do any of you gals have masculine physical characteristics to go along with the "male brain"? Or are you all just lovely, physcally normal, mentally Aspie women?

N00b13

I have narrow hips which I guess could be considered as a masculine characteristic. Other than that my body looks female I would think.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:49 am

No-one could ever mistake me for a man - I am what could politely be called "voluptuous"!

Personality-wise I am more likely to be mistaken for a child.