Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2021, 10:21 pm

I have to buy another shaver, my last one broke.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 1:35 am

No, I do not like to shave. It takes too much time, effort, and money. plus buying all those plastic shavers is wasteful and creates unnecessary trash. I don't shave.

I use my hair clippers, which do not cut as close as razors and therefore almost never cut me. I don't much like that either, but it's much easier than shaving, and I suspect that the essential oils I put on my underarms work better without a nest of hair there.

I don't want the areas I shave to be completely hairless because some women (whom I might want to have sex with) see it as creepy and childlike. And I'm not interested in the hairless aesthetic for myself. So buzzing the hair low with the clippers works well for me.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 8:24 am

No, but I do it anyway when my body hair grows to the point where I like it even less than I like shaving.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2021, 8:28 am

My hair has awful tendency to in-growing after shaving.
Recently, I rather trim my body hair than shave it. The effect looks socially acceptable, for big occasions I also bleach my leg hair so it's even less visible. But trimming is fast and doesn't irritate the skin.
In the winter, I don't do it at all.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 10:16 am

No. Thankfully I am blonde but unfortunately I am very hairy. I trim or pluck my facial hair often. I shave my underarms every few weeks. I am considering shaving my legs once for the summer. When younger I shaved my legs more frequently and did chemical removers a few times. I was turned away from laser hair removal (I have a red tint) and tried electrolysis for my facial hair but didn't see improvement. Three years ago I tried waxing but it took over an hour with two applications everywhere for just my face. Grrrrr.

I've noticed that kids outside my race ask me often about my body hair, especially the facial hair. It was shocking when at an airport a 12-year-old boy came up to me, touched my upper lip and said "you are like a man." I'd like to think he was curious, but it seemed arrogant.

Remind me why women (in the US) are supposed to be body-hair free? I am woman; I have body hair.

So in any case, I shave infrequently enough that I have a drawer full of razors from whatever single pack of disposable razors I bought whatever decade ago. Friendly Teasing: You can stop by and have one. :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 10:46 am

No, its a big hassle.

I stopped shaving body hair when I realized that really the only reason I'd ever done it was for other people, so didn't see a reason to continue bothering with the hassle of shaving when I don't even like to be 'hairless'. I am fine trimming some of it since it can get a little crazy and that can be annoying but I don't want it gone.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 10:47 pm

Sharon, like you, I am very hairy. I'm a redhead and my leg hair is strawberry blonde and my facial hair is blonde, thankfully. I pluck my chin hair fairly often because I have thicker hairs there and could quite easily grow a beard.

I haven't shaved my legs this winter because I find it a chore. I'm hairier than my trans female flatmate.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:52 pm

renaeden wrote:
Sharon, like you, I am very hairy. I'm a redhead and my leg hair is strawberry blonde...

Me too... strawberry blonde. I am actually a tad reluctant to shave my legs b/c I figure the hair helps protect me from sunburn. I remember my grandmother had the light "beard" also, so it's genetic that way for me. I do pluck and trim for important events, but apparently at other times the NTs (and some NDs) are quietly appalled. Sigh. Here's to embracing our bodies and finding the balance in accommodating social preferences.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 1:03 am

I hate it, but I like having hairless legs. I prefer how it feels. I have an epillator and it's great. Hurts like crazy the first time, but hair grows back more fine and you don't need to use it as frequently as you would a razor because it pulls the hair out. It hurts less every time you use it after that.

I don't use it over winter because it hurts worse when it's cold. My bathroom is difficult to heat.

I exfoliate my legs to prevent in growing hairs.

https://uk.braun.com/en-gb/female-hair-removal/epilators

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 1:16 am

renaeden wrote:
Sharon, like you, I am very hairy. I'm a redhead and my leg hair is strawberry blonde and my facial hair is blonde, thankfully. I pluck my chin hair fairly often because I have thicker hairs there and could quite easily grow a beard.

I haven't shaved my legs this winter because I find it a chore. I'm hairier than my trans female flatmate.

lol I kinda feel like I am more harry than my boyfriend...he's ginger so like his beard hair is just reddish and the other hair is basically just either reddish or light. But I am pale with dark hair so for sure all my body hair can be visable, but my boyfriend doesn't care, so I don't care....lol maybe I am even helping the whole womens movement of not shaving, because I don't feel the need to do so anymore it's just uncomfortable and archaic like freak just leave me alone about my leg hair...maybe I like having it and would rather people don't keep trying go convince why to shave, they're my legs and I don't want to so f*ck off.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 3:02 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
renaeden wrote:

lol I kinda feel like I am more harry than my boyfriend...he's ginger so like his beard hair is just reddish and the other hair is basically just either reddish or light. But I am pale with dark hair so for sure all my body hair can be visable, but my boyfriend doesn't care, so I don't care....lol maybe I am even helping the whole womens movement of not shaving, because I don't feel the need to do so anymore it's just uncomfortable and archaic like freak just leave me alone about my leg hair...maybe I like having it and would rather people don't keep trying go convince why to shave, they're my legs and I don't want to so f*ck off.

Exactly. I found it weird that suddenly I hit an age where is was no longer acceptable to be myself and I had to modify my body. I really resented it.

But it was the 90s and thick black tights were the fashion, so I could get away with it and I wore leggings for gym class.

I think skinny jeans are what swayed me to shave more often. There's nothing worse than the feeling of hairy legs under skinny jeans. Now they're going out of fashion and wide leg trousers are what you'll find in the shops I will probably let it slide again.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm

I don't mind shaving, but I find it a bit of a chore, especially since I have dark brown hair. But I do it anyway for the sake of looking decent. My pubic hair I leave alone because (1) it's very sensitive down there, and (2) it is high maintenance and takes a while to shave it completely. I haven't touched it with a razor for two years now. But I still shave my legs, armpits, upper lip area and below the bellybutton.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2021, 2:19 pm

I stopped shaving.
I only did it because everyone else did and underarm hair was seen as ugly.
Underarm hair does not smell if kept clean.
I don't care if my legs are hairy as a bloke, I make jokes about them.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 2:33 pm

I often don’t do it for weeks, until I for no identifiable reason feel like I ought to. I only ever wear jeans and T-shirts anyway, no one even knows but me.

When I had chemotherapy last year, my non-head hair didn’t grow back for a few months after the last time I’d shaved, but I had to keep shaving my head, because the hair there would grow but fall out super easily (just before I first shaved it, I could gently run my hand through my hair once and get a handful of loose hair). Kind of a trade-off.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

LadeyX
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2021, 10:59 am

I hate shaving. I feel every move and it hurts me. I hate it and try to avoid it at all costs.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 3:35 pm

I dislike being judged and ridiculed, so I shave my armpits and legs.