Should I skip washing my hair in this weather?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 2:51 pm

For the next 2 days it's going to be 40 degrees Celsius here and my hair is greasy and is crying out for a wash, but I really don't see the point because my head will sweat and it will literally go greasy straight away. I'm thinking of leaving it until Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when the temperature is going to cool down a little.

I hate washing my hair, it feels like a chore to me and I try to minimise it to only once a week if I can, and since I've been doing that my hair has actually stayed nice for about 5-6 days after each wash. But in temperatures as hot as 40 degrees, my head will certainly sweat, so I see no point in washing it yet.

It's just that society doesn't like people with greasy hair and people will stare judgementally at you if you're seen with greasy hair in public. I did have dry shampoo but it's really expensive and it takes half a bottle on my hair. I use powder instead but not sure if that works or not.

I just can't be bothered to wash my hair at the moment. It's too hot but I can't use cold water on my head.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 3:45 pm

Yes. I’m a man.

No, I believe washing your hair will cool you off, plus make your hair clean.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 9:11 am

It's OK for men to post here, as long as you're not lurking around here just to make pervy remarks - which you don't because it's not in your nature to. :)

I finally washed my hair this morning because it felt heavy and gross. Then I let the heat do the rest. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 9:29 am

Yep....hair certainly does dry quickly in this heat!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 9:36 am

My problem is that I wash my hair too much which dries it out. My favorite thing to do in life is read while taking a bath.