Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2022, 11:37 pm

I haven’t had my period in 7 months, I got my period yesterday making me soooo tired. Can you skip your period for 7 months?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 12:02 am

My period came early while I was at work...I did not even have any supplies with me, luckily it usually starts light so I was able to just wrap some toilet paper around my underwear keep it from leaking out sort of a makeshift pad I suppose. It was the cramps that were a bit of a problem...it was hard to get my shift done. my job is taking care of research animals and I was doing a dog room where dogs are in pens and you have to clean those out but yeah my cramps were getting so bad I had to sort of do the bare minimum on the last few though I usually try to do a more thorough job of cleaning.

So yeah, from now on I'll keep some supplies and a bottle of asprin in my work back-pack in case I get any more periods not quite on schedule. Idk I have heard some birth control can maybe reduce or stop periods, but I took birth control pills in my 20's and got side effects I didn't care much for so I've never looked into it for that.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 8:52 am

It's possible without surgery.
Or going through menopause related scenarios, usually at over age 50, which can just happen naturally on and off for a while until it stops for good.

From hormonal imbalances to hormonal replacement therapy. Some had through birth control pills to either reduce symptoms or stop periods.

Mine had skipped for months before. Over 4+ months. I was an irregular as a teenager.

Never had birth control pills myself or any hormone related meds.
Yet I certainly have a form of unaddressed hormonal imbalance somewhere.
I likely still have decades more to go before menopause -- I'm not even 30 yet.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Everly Nash
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2022, 4:42 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I haven’t had my period in 7 months, I got my period yesterday making me soooo tired. Can you skip your period for 7 months?

Is it possible you have perimenopause maybe?

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2022, 3:19 pm

Skipping your period for 1 month isn't too bad, but unless you're pregnant or you have a condition like PCOS, having no period for 7 months sounds very unusual to be honest.

I'd get it checked out at the doctor's in case something's going on.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 11:13 pm

My thoughts: early menopause, malnutrition, stress, hormonal imbalance... Dr. Google adds: weight, excessive exercise, allergies (like celiac)...

LisaM1031
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2022, 1:45 am

I don’t know how old you are but it could be peri menopause or a hormone imbalance like PCOS. Did you change your diet recently? I did a water fast for a few days once and ended up skipping my period for a month. Do you have a history of anorexia?

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 10:48 pm

If you're really 51 that's pretty normal. Still I would mention to a family doctor just to make sure it's not some other issues, like under active thyroid, nutrition deficiency, underweight, cancer...etc.

I'm almost 50 and I do feel periods are getting really hard on my body. Too old to keep up. :o I'm exhausted after each period.