Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2022, 7:20 pm

If I am going somewhere where I can't wear long pants/skirts, I might shave. We went to the beach last year. I shaved for that.

I do not think I am brave, just lacking a little feedback mechanism in my brain that makes people pay attention to what others think... :)

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Jun 2022, 3:21 pm

My pcos makes my legs, as my niece put it "like dogs." Just another thing I have in common with beloved doggies.

I get through many phases, including these two:

Sometimes shaving legs is the least of my priorities, and often forgotten. If I was to be flawless I'd need every day shaving, sometimes I did it, most times I don't.

Women with PCOS are given Metformin for the hair issues, and theres a new cream that slows down growth but unfortunately is only allowed to be used on the face.

I like shaving wax bands, theyre expensive and hurt, but not as much as some machines for plucking. But i get ingrown hairs very often and it takes me ages to take care of each of many ingrown hairs as my follicles are very often even with special care, and I think electric shaving is just easier. Sadly it only lasts 1 day.

For me, if i remove them with root, they stop growing permanently, that's how I got the bottoms of my legs to have no hair, or not many follicles, just very rarely still growing. There's like 2 palms worth of hair i managed through pain to make bald. The other hair is not responsive, but i noticed an improvement in armpit hair if its done through plucking. This one hurts the worst though, it's terrible. It's torture, so I had to stop halfway once. Blood coming out of the where follicles once were. its still not anywhere to my desires, so I just shave it. It always has black tips so easy to show though, the armpit. It's very visible here even the same day, next day is already dissatisfactory.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 2:35 pm

I experimented in the late 90s with not shaving my legs.

I actually got abused in the street and it ended up in a physical fight that had to be split up.

I'm have dark hair but I didn't think it was all that visible. I didn't look like a warewolf or anything. I was wearing a nice skirt and doc martens at the time as well.

These days I opt for shaving my legs. It's got nothing to do with that particular incident but my legs are quite muscular and hairs make them look manly.

winterfresh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2022, 2:09 am

I wax my legs since I get itchy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 2:47 am

I don't give a crap about my leg hair, I don't even dislike it. I just have internalized nonsense of feeling bad one time in HS I went to a school dance wearing a dress but I didn't shave my legs and a couple girls were mean about it. So it is like I really don't like to shave my leg hair, if I do it just means harsher hair stubbies before it grows back out, but shaving it would keep it at a perpetual stage of terrible stubby hairs that get ingrown...so I prefer to leave it alone. And well litterally my leg hair is only visible on the front lower half of my legs other than that it's just fine light hairs that aren't visible and grow pretty short so I really only get visible hair on the front of my legs below the knee. But yeah it is uncomfortable to shave it off, but I still sometimes feel worried about if people will judge me for not shaving my leg hair. But I also feel I should not give into feeling like that because it is my body and I am more comfortable leaving my leg hair alone outside of washing with soap when I take a shower. But my armpit hair and hair around the private area gets a bit out of hand so I prefer to trim that up a bit. But yeah shaving it irritates my skin too much, so just giving a little trim with an elelctric razor so its shorter and easier to deal with is pretty ideal compromise between going full crazy hair or shaving it off...trimming is a nice middle ground I suppose.