10 Aug 2007, 7:54 am

Yes, hard to understand isn't it?

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 12:12 pm

I had a solution to that problem.... i just didnt put out at all... until i got married. I cant believe he waited for me... it wasnt easy for either of us. I still dont regret it, though... i dont think i could have emotionally handled sex before that. These days it complicates things. I really dont know why women stay with jerks. I think some girls just attract jerks like flies on a cantaloupe. I guess celibacy is one option. You have to tell those men how you want to be treated..and if they dont bite, dont think they are gonna be the last one interested.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2007, 3:11 pm

i could never see myself with a jerk or"badboy". im sure theres guys with that bad boy look but they're really just romantics at heart as opposed to real bad guys that treat you like s**t.

UnrelentingHorror
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2007, 1:05 am

gwenevyn wrote:
Sure, a guy isn't into you unless he would potentially like to have sex with you.

But there's a big difference between liking the idea of having sex with you, and using you for it.

Likewise there's a big difference between apathy and chastity.

Quoted for truth

Yeah there are alot of as*hole men out there unfortunately.
I personally hate anyone who looks down on women or would abuse them.
I've known too many people that have had to suffer through that BS and got messed up by it to even tolerate it in the least.
I personally don't like "guy talk" along those lines even really.
I remember a couple semesters at college some guy was talking to me and said something like "Women don't have any respect for themselves, even when its cold out it looks like they need to put their slut wear on" I seriously wanted to punch him in the face.

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2007, 9:08 am

jkrane wrote:
I wish I could kill those boyfriends who abused you. Theyre not humans. It makes me so angry that I'm a caring person, yet, girls find me repulsive and they are drawn to these sub-humans that use them, abuse them and treat them like dirt. The sub-humans are dirt. Not you, not the women.

I'm glad you guys are stating your opinion! I think that we women need to feel we have some male "allies" who do NOT buy into the training that they have had: that men are superior to women, and should mistreat them. Thank you, Jkrane!

UnrelentingHorror wrote:
Yeah there are alot of as*hole men out there unfortunately.
I personally hate anyone who looks down on women or would abuse them.
I personally don't like "guy talk" along those lines even really.
I remember a couple semesters at college some guy was talking to me and said something like "Women don't have any respect for themselves, even when its cold out it looks like they need to put their slut wear on" I seriously wanted to punch him in the face.

Thanks, UnrelentingHorror. Next time some guy says something like that, you could say something like, "Uh... well, I actually don't agree."

It's hard to be the one who speaks out, but as people with AS, we are used to that, at least, and we have special gifts/strengths that can really help. :)

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:03 pm

Exactly - the guys might be more disposed to listen to another man telling them their comments are out of line than to a woman saying the same thing.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

HurricaneRae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2007, 5:52 am

jkrane wrote:
I'm sorry, I admit that I do read the posts in the women's forum because I want to learn about the world through a woman's eyes, so I can understand women better.

heh, I think reading the forum of Aspie females is one of the last places you are going to learn more about women. Or am I missrepresenting the rest of you women?

I feel I relate waaay more to men than women.

-Rae

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 5:20 pm

Same here. I definitely have never felt very womanly. I mean I observe women at work going on about french manicures and some darling little blouse as they call it and wonder what they think is so great. Yet there's a man at work that slabs minerals to make jewelry and I get excited about the rock finds he brings in. So I think women are as much a mystery to female Aspies as they are to the AS males.

It's nice to see a few guys siding with the women though. It always seems like such an uphill battle in everything just being a woman.

As far as relationships go no one stuck around if I wouldn't put out for them. That's why I no longer bother to date because I got tired of having to have sex as a requirement for someone to spend time with me. And its not always a guy thing either, I mean because the women I have dated expect sex as well. I have also dated many a person I didn't care for at all. It just seems like the type of person that I am attracted to which is the brainy, older woman, doctor, college professor type are never interested in me.

I totally don't get the whole dating/relationship thing because all I want is someone brilliant to do things with and talk to who isn't gross and isn't abusive. But to have to have sex in order to have a companion is a bit much for me. Nuff said.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 11:50 pm

I know exactly how you feel, Ticker! And after one failed marriage and one failing marriage, I doubt that I will ever find a person to just "be" with.