Page 10 of 15 [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Are you pro-choice?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 222 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 73 ]
Total votes : 295
10 Dec 2008, 10:14 pm

Did you have your baby Ana or a miscarriage?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

11 Dec 2008, 11:39 pm

Ana54 wrote:
maybe make sure my new meds combination is the one for me before I get pregnant again.

If you're relying on a combination of medication to create some kind of chemical "balance", getting pregnant is going to blow that right out of the water.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 7:18 am

I am going to have an abortion.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2008, 9:51 am

I'm pro-life, except in extreme circumstances, if the child being born will cause extreme physical/mental/emotional hurt.

As harsh as it may seem if you didn't want a child then you shouldn't have had sex, people should go in to it knowing that no contraception is 100%.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 1:21 pm

BastetsEye wrote:
I'm pro-life, except in extreme circumstances, if the child being born will cause extreme physical/mental/emotional hurt.

As harsh as it may seem if you didn't want a child then you shouldn't have had sex, people should go in to it knowing that no contraception is 100%.

Yet many people use contraception, meaning that they enjoy sex, but don't want children. Sex isn't just for making babies. Some people keep the babies even if the contraception failed, but not all feel that way.

Options are very important.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
I am going to have an abortion.

In theory, if you fell pregnant? Or you are pregnant now and going to abort? If so, I hope you're ok and you've got a good support network. It's a horrible situation. :(

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 4:54 pm

I think I am pregnant and if I am having termination.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 1:56 pm

Planned parenthood has financial assistance for gyn health care, and contrary to anti-choice propaganda they won't try to push you into a decision that you wouldn't make on your own. If you decide to keep the pregnancy, they'll give you the resources to find good prenatal care, and if you decide to terminate, they'll point you in the right direction for that too.

A blood test can detect pregnancy a little bit earlier than a urine test, but you'd have to get a scrip from your doctor and go have your blood drawn; the urine pregnancy tests in the hospital are basically the same as the ones you can get at a drug store.

Good luck.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 7:24 pm

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk at all; I went through it about a year ago so know the process. :)

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 4:39 am

Ok, thankyou ^ and everyone for the advice.

Deber
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2008, 7:07 pm

Pro choice.

Had an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager and due to pressure from the father's "Christian" family kept the child. I have AS. Child was bi-polar, ADHD and narcissistic. She is very violent. I tried to adopt her out but needed the father's permission and he wouldn't sign the document. His family wouldn't help me. The father refused to pay child support and went to incredible lengths to avoid having it taken out of his wages. Even if he had paid, the amount was so small that it would not have been enough to support a child. My family wasn't able to help me much so I lived in horrible poverty until I got married at 26.

Even though I was using birth control, I had a second unplanned pregnancy. In my state I needed the father's permission to have an abortion. I got around that by telling the doctor that I didn't know who the father was. At 24 I convinced my doctor to perform a tubal ligation so that I would never get pregnant again.

Raising a child is a life long commitment. Government assistance varies from state to state (in the US) but it is never enough to provide for a child's needs or allow you to live in less than poverty conditions. Placing a child for adoption is not always an option.

I think making uncompromising moral judgments is wrong. I believe every woman should have the choice to terminate a pregnancy and no person should judge a woman for having an abortion.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 2:56 pm

Deber wrote:
Pro choice.

Had an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager and due to pressure from the father's "Christian" family kept the child. I have AS. Child was bi-polar, ADHD and narcissistic. She is very violent. I tried to adopt her out but needed the father's permission and he wouldn't sign the document. His family wouldn't help me. The father refused to pay child support and went to incredible lengths to avoid having it taken out of his wages. Even if he had paid, the amount was so small that it would not have been enough to support a child. My family wasn't able to help me much so I lived in horrible poverty until I got married at 26.

Even though I was using birth control, I had a second unplanned pregnancy. In my state I needed the father's permission to have an abortion. I got around that by telling the doctor that I didn't know who the father was. At 24 I convinced my doctor to perform a tubal ligation so that I would never get pregnant again.

Raising a child is a life long commitment. Government assistance varies from state to state (in the US) but it is never enough to provide for a child's needs or allow you to live in less than poverty conditions. Placing a child for adoption is not always an option.

I think making uncompromising moral judgments is wrong. I believe every woman should have the choice to terminate a pregnancy and no person should judge a woman for having an abortion.

The nerve of that family! What gives them the right to tell you to have the child when they don't want anything to do with it?

Deber
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2008, 6:45 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
The nerve of that family! What gives them the right to tell you to have the child when they don't want anything to do with it?

Thanks for your support Chibi_Neko. That family was hypocrisy in action! A lot of people who hold strong convictions are very rigid in their thinking. My daughter and I were proof that their precious son had sex outside of marriage so therefore we had to be the enemy. Very sad. Glad that part of my life is over.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:27 pm

Here is a video that sums what I mean about pro-lifers caring only about embryos and fetuses, and how concern ends after your are born.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXPTM-Th4U[/youtube]

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 4:15 pm

Tough subject. Y'all going to hate this, but I've thought about it long and hard throughout the years. I should mention that I was once pro choice and switched to Pro Life when I was pregnant with my FIRST child and read about abortion procedures during an internet debate against a pro lifer (who ended up winning and then some on that debate). If you take away what religion tells me I should believe, then this is how I feel...

I'm anti murder. There's a life at heart beat, not viability. But, what happens when you get old and have a heart beat, but need to be attached to a machine to survive? The decision on whether or not to unplug you is made by loved ones. But the big difference is an old person attached to a machine might recover, might not. An unborn baby has a much higher chance of surviving if kept inside the womb until it's time to leave it. But if you are all about the potential of life, then it would only be fair to be also against condoms, birth control pills, etc. So, now let's erase the concept of potential life out of the equation. Life is at heart beat, but if that life cannot survive outside the womb (the time between heart beat and viability), then is it murder to remove the life support? If the answer were as easy as a paragraph, nobody would debate it.

But abortion isn't like unplugging a machine. The most popular method, and I can't help but to think of Wayne's World, is the SUCK CUT. It sucks, and it cuts. It certainly does suck. It's too inhumane. When that heartbeat is there, there is a life and you are a mom. If you have an abortion after that heart starts beating, by law the way it is defined right now, you should face child abuse charges because that's what it is. Maybe not murder as the previous paragraph stipulates, but it is still child abuse.

Abortion after viability is murder. Period. But, if giving birth can kill the mom, then it's self defense. Any reason should have to prove itself no different than a murder case in a court room. Now if you induce an early birth type thing and try really hard to let science help keep the baby alive as opposed to nature, then why wouldn't you just keep the baby until the full term and then give it up for adoption?

The law that really gets me is that if I beat up a pregnant woman, I get charged for assault against the woman and assault against a minor. But that woman can turn around the next day and have an abortion. The law is too inconsistent with that.

The heart first beats generally around the 5th week, which is usually around the same exact time a pregnancy test can determine if you are pregnant. So, outside of religious beliefs telling me otherwise, I don't see it as murder to use a condom, take birth control pills, use plan B, or practice abstinence. However, take caution because some religions are pro creation in addition to pro life.

Now as for a woman's freedom to do whatever they want to their own bodies? Well, they will always have that freedom. They can choose abstinence. IN the case of rape, I was raped before. I didn't get pregnant because I think (I don't remember too much about it) I told him the least he could do was wear a condom, and he did. But since my memory of the incident is like a dream, I'm not sure if that really happened or if I dreamt it after the fact. But in the case of rape, a woman is free to try Plan B, and if that doesn't work or if you were held hostage past the 72 hour period, then I get fuzzy on where I stand on that. If it were me, I don't know what I'd do, but I would probably seriously consider it all an act of God and keep the baby. To those who don't believe in God, well, life also works in mysterious ways.

Now on making what I feel into law, we may have a serious number of babies with no homes. I do also believe in a quality of life. So with this also comes, first, increasing promotion of preventing unwanted pregnancies. Welfare should cover, without any regard to income, all birth control options to include surgeries that are safe to women making sure that all health risks to women are advertised. You may not want church in the schools, but wisdom should at least be taught. These kids don't know the meaning of abstinence anymore. Not just that, they seem to fail to realize that when you have sex, no matter what you do, you can still get pregnant. Girls who never experienced an orgasm and who are not interested in being a mom yet are still having sex anyway. Why? In addition, a compromise, prevention should include adequate access (and private access) to condoms. Not only do they help prevent unwanted pregnancies, but they help stop the spread of STD's. I would also think that there should be a federal law mandating the foster care and adoption procedures. Too many families get turned down from adoption because their house isn't big enough or something. Meanwhile, families wanting only a pay check get approved for foster care. In addition, you hear stories on this forum how someone wasn't allowed to place her baby up for adoption? Now that's interfering with a woman's rights more so than a Pro Life argument. Somebody needs to fix that, and it may make a few attempts with trial and error, but it still needs done. In addition, they got to change the law to state that Catholic Orphanages are exempt from having to give children to same sex households because it would interfere with the freedom of religion, but children should not be forced into Catholic care. Yeah, you wanna talk hypocritical? How about all those people who believe in health care who support forcing Catholic hospitals to shut down because they think Catholics should perform abortion services? You know, like Obama (the only person who I know who supports increasing healthcare and supports FOCA). And all those people who preach about quality of life who also place gay rights over it? Cmon now.

The problem is responsibility. It's lacking in this country. Not just with pregnancy. Bottom line is if you don't want to go to jail, then don't break the law. If you don't want a baby, then don't have sex. If you do have sex, um, quit screwing loser men. I don't want to hear about how worthless your baby's daddy is. You chose to hit that. If the size of his weiner was more important to you than the size of his heart, then that's what you get, a dick, a weiner. Since men seem to love sex so much and will do almost anything to get some, how about us women standing up for women by not screwing the losers. Make them work for it. Make them prove themselves to you first.

Men should be doing the same thing to us women too. My brother in law, who is very Catholic, got a girl pregnant. He's getting ready to propse to her because of it. He's excited he's going to be a dad. And what's better, twins! Then, the bi@tch had an abortion behind his back. He was so heart broken because he wanted those kids, and he would have taken good care of those kids. He would have taken full custody. With my in-laws there too, those babies would have been in the best hands. What did I make my husband tell his brother in Spanish since I don't speak it? You should have gotten to know the broad before you mmmpd her.

You think you know someone in a month? No, it takes longer. It takes conversation too which you don't get much of when you are bumping pelvises. Anyone who is pro quality of life for a child should also be pro quality of life for themselves. You don't get that with short cuts like abortion (no pun intended). You get that when you respect your body enough to be a little bit choosier about what you do to it. Random sex, abortions, all hurt your body and your mind. Where's your self respect? If you care any about woman's rights, you'd be pro self respect. You'd be pro wise decisions. You'd be pro health (abortions have health risks you know). Pro Dignity. Anti Easy Way Outs. Pro Strength. Anti Blaming other people. Pro Accountability. Otherwise, you succomb to non-equality. You are giving men your rights. You are giving men your choice. You are taking away rights and choice from the person who really matters, yourself.

I also suggest to goodsearch (much better than google because every search donates to your charity of choice) the history of planned parenthood. It's funny to read their version of it now. Whoah. They are evil.

Link to a very well documented account...
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PROLIFE/PPHISTRY.TXT

Link to PP's version http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about- ... cesses.htm

After reading this, if you cared about a woman's right at all, you'd see Planned Parenthood does not.